“Stay Away!!!!”

Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Tamarac, Florida
“Stay Away!!!!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Let me start by saying that I booked this through expedia and didn't really pay attention to the reviews.I paid $100.15 for 1 night..When we got there my husband checked us in and we were given a awful room on the third floor with a small side water view not what we paid for.The room was absolutely disgusting and I was not willing to stay in that room. The lady in the reception (family owned) Said that the reservation didn't say that it was ocean view.Total lie!!! I went downstairs where another girl had came in for her shift and I was livid. .She didn't know what wss going on and I explained it to her in a not of a nice tone.I showed her the reservation on my phone and she offered to give us another. The second room my husband looked at had some sort of equipment on the floor by the A.C we refused that one. By this point I wanted to leave but we would loose our money.She gave us another room (third room) we decided to take it and not loose the money.Rooms need alot of updating. BEDS were comfortable. Breakfast area was a joke... In short read reviews don't ignore them.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Patricia N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Booked off this site and was totally misled by the pictures. Place was outdated and not as advertised. Our room was a joke! We were told when we checked in that we got a free upgrade to an Ocean View Room. All rooms overlooked the parking lot in the center and the pool. The pool had caution tape around a quarter of it (half of the steps) where the coping had fallen off! No pool lights on at night. Our room had dingy paint, old smelly carpet and mis matched furniture. The finest 1980's model television. Furniture that looked as if it was purchased at a garage sale!! Our bathroom had tiles falling off the wall and through the wall. The door handle to the bathroom was falling off as well as the towel holder on the wall. Porcelain was chipping off the tub. Our flooring transition was a piece of tack strip since the carpet had been missing. They were conscious enough to bang the tacks down. I am sure my 1 year old was thankful for that!! The beat up fridge provided dud not keep anything cold! The elevator was tiny and could barely fit 4 people. It smelt like an old battleship! The complimentary breakfast was bought at SAMs discount isle which they serve you in a tiny 6x10 room with 4 tiny tables. Parking was a joke and if you had to leave you were worried that you would not have a space when you came back. DONT RUIN YOUR VACATION STAYING HERE!!!! I am shocked that Days Inn would allow this to happen!! When we complained we were met with hostility and rudeness by the owners! They don't care about their guest and font care about the property!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Wdugger

Travellers are raving about these Ormond Beach hotels

Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We were in room #1 right by the kiddie pool. We booked an Oceanfront room was I was a little put off by the fact that our door didn't open to the Ocean, but our window view was of the Ocean. The room was clean and appeared to be newly remodeled. The AC unit worked great. Maid service came everyday. We had one lady a few times and she was fantastic. The other days we had a group of 2 cleaning our room, they were less than satisfactory. They failed to replace our coffee supplies, they did not leave the same amount of towels that they removed from the room. I had an extra pillow and an extra top sheet (that I requested from the front desk), the group of 2 always removed these items and failed to replace them, causing me to have to ask the front desk almost daily for these items again. They offer WiFi (not sure if there was a fee for it or not) however we could not connect to the WiFi all week long. There were 3 different WiFi's to choose from yet none of them allowed us to join the network. I called the front desk about it and they told me 'they would look into it', the problem was never solved. I'm not sure if it was a language barrier or what was going on. Other guest who had been staying there longer than us suggested we try to connect to the hotel next door to us (that's what they did), but we were far enough away that we couldn't. I had to use the computer in the office to check in for our flight. I was unable to check in for our flight from the office computer which then caused for my husband and I to sit in different parts of the plane from each other on our way home. The Breakfast was cheap and pretty lousy. The parking was the worst I've ever seen. There weren't enough parking places for each room to have one. During the week this wasn't so bad, but on the weekends when business was booming it became a big problem. We would not stay here again.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are about the same.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 July 2014

After carefully planning my family's vacation and making sure everything was perfect, I booked our hotel based on the pictures off the website. I paid an additional fee so that we could have an ocean view room. We arrived at the hotel to check in, still very excited. We paid the clerk and headed up to our "ocean view" room. First off, the only option upstairs with baggage was a TINY 4x4 rickety elevator that my children and i felt very unsafe in taking. After making our way down the hall, we opened the door to our room to find VERY outdated amenities, broken door handles, a kitchen light that didn't turn on, and to top it all off, the balcony was facing THE PARKING LOT. Some ocean view that was. I called the front desk thinking that maybe they made a mistake. When i explained to her about the view, guess what she told me? "that is an ocean view" I was appalled at her answer. being very upset with my room, i told her that we were not staying and i would like a refund. I was told that she could not refund my money and there was nothing else she could do for me. I explained to her that i did not have extra money to be wasting. I had her call the owner and he proceeded to tell her there was no way i was getting a refund. Despite no refund, we ended up staying at a different hotel. There was no way i would stay there with the awful hotel conditions and the way i was treated. DO NOT STAY HERE!!! If i could give a negative rating i would!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sara T
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hotel was nasty!!! Do not let the pics and other positive reviews ruin your vacation! First of all no parking so you will suffer trying to leave in and out the hotel. The smell once you pass the lobby was disquisting and the elevator acted like it was going to collapse at any moment. I literally felt as if i was in a crack motel! Fortunantly we were able to check out and get a room.at the holiday inn. My advice stay at the holiday inn or hampton. This area was nice with lots of hotels but all were run down except these two. I never have wrote a review in my life but wanted to save someone the hassels we encountered.

• Stayed July 2014