“2nd trip here”

Driftwood Beach Motel
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

I spent 4 nights exactly one year ago had a problem where I got hurt due to lighting in the stairway I got there this year and the problem was fixed as for bugs I did not see one roach or palmeto bug at all they are in contract with a specilist to prevent them which all places in Florida should only problem I had was they provide silverwear and dishes there was not enough for the whole family we had one fork the refrigerator was tiny we had a ok tv but I did notice they are in the process of replacing them. Guess we will have to try one more time to see if they get it perfect if not time to move on to the next one....I would recommend this place if your on a budget.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank nyffemt
There are newer reviews for Driftwood Beach Motel

Reviewed 15 August 2013

The rooms were dirty, bathrooms were not clean, sheets were yellow and dingy, and we had roaches inside and outside the room. The motel is old, which would not have been a problem if the rooms were clean. I would not stay here again nor will I recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank PattyB61
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

We spent 4 nights in mid july. on or way home we realized we left 4 shirts in the closet. we immediately contacted the motel. Neal went to the usps and mailed the shiirts, valet and hangers to our home. You can 't ask for better customer service even from a 5 star hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Kingfish11
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This place is a DUMP - there was mold in the bathrooms; the siding was falling off the building; the doors wouldn't close on their own - you had to physically slam the doors. When we arrived we tuned back the beds so that we didn't sit on the comforter and the sheets were dingy and one bed even had blood stains on the sheets. I would not recommend this place for my dog to stay in!!!

Room Tip: We stayed at the Quality Inn just up the street for $5 more a night - it was awesome
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank abckee
Reviewed 1 July 2013

To enjoy your stay at the driftwood you need to know what to expect. This motel is extremely inexpensive. If you're on a budget then you can come to this motel, which barely costs more than camping and get: air conditioning, a clean room, a bed with clean sheets, hot water and friendly staff. It also has a nice pool. The motel is older, the decor leaves much to be desired, and the walls are a bit thin. However, I give it 5 starts because for the price it has everything that I would expect. The front desk lady was very kind and helpful. She even let us check in early. Recommend for a clean and simple no frills beach getaway!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Ginger235
Reviewed 26 May 2013

the pool deck was never washed down the whole time we were there ants kept bugging me while sitting by pool, rooms fair,bathroom fair to poor, staff there really GREAT... not really worth the money to stay there. pool edge dirty from sun tan oil. fair place to stay if you dont really care about your bang for your buck, other places down the road same money but better value.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank garyj1083
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Having not had a vacation or even a weekend away since 2001, being "burnt out on life" I can say that this place brought me alive again! I had read all the reviews before booking, knowing that this is a older place and the new owners are working on rehabbing the place, so I went in with eyes wide open and what did my eyes see?
A beautiful ocean steps away from my room, with all waves and gorgeous sunshine just waiting to be soaked up!
The room itself was nice, don't get me wrong it wasnt the Hilton, but the attempt is being made. Fresh clean room, sheets, clean towels, I needed extra pillows request was immediate in helping me.
All my appliances in the room were working, although there was a red line running through tv-not a problem to watch, office was aware and waiting on new tv.
They allow small dogs up to 20 pounds,I have a little dog who just loved the ocean breeze coming in on her while she slept;)
What made this hotel so special? ANSWER: They Care.
Well the last night we were there some younger people rented a room by us and was being quite loud when they arrived. I overheard a young girl outside our room on the phone telling her friends to come to a party, which me and my husband were like :Oh great, our last night here and we wont get any sleep!
We went ahead to dinner and decided that we would call- non-emergency police if it got out of hand, we didnt want to get them in trouble just to be quiet----so when I arrived back at the hotel
I seen the manager outside and asked her for the number, she said she would handle it, and they were told only 4 people could be in the room. As we were talking 4 more people went up to that room, next thing you know she tells me go back to your room everything will be fine and that was that! She went up and kicked them out before they could get loud and crazy!! Yay for us AND we had the best night's sleep !
Me and hubby have decided that we are going to try to stay here for a weekend every 6 weeks, to make up all the years we were to busy with life and never enjoying any of it, so Miss Vickie and Kelly we will be back soon!!

Room Tip: If your going to spend the night on the beach pay the extra and get a balcony, you can't beat th...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple