“Great ice cream, big selection”

Ocean Freeze Ice Cream & Shaved Ice
Ranked #10 of 10 Dessert in Ormond Beach
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Seating, Takeout
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Great ice cream, big selection”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Friendly service and a large selection of flavors. My wife and I split a bowl and it was more than enough and tasted awesome!

Annapolis, Maryland
“WOW Best Ice Cream”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stopped here on a whim, tiny little spot in Ormond Beach. In a most unlikely spot; next to an auto repair shop in an Unlovely retail strip. The ice cream menu was extensive, incredible flavors, some of which I had never seen. I had the carrot cake ice cream, incredibly good. It even had creamy ribbons of cream cheese frosting through the "spot on" carrot cake flavor. Whipped cream and cherry "always free", as Eric told us. Hubby had a fresh grilled brat, good quality and delicious on a toasted bun. Friendly service, glad to see you and concerned about quality and freshness of products. Definitely better than ALL nearby brand named ice cream shops. Prices were better also!

Visited June 2014
Ocala, Florida, United States
“Great ice cream!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We had the purple daze, red velvet and pirates plunder- all were so good! Prices are very reasonable, service very polite and friendly. We will definitely be back!

Hudsonville, Michigan
“Amazing Ice Cream Creations.”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

You need to visit Ocean Freeze. Great ice cream. The owner makes everyone feel welcome and wants to make whatever ice cream creation you want. Small but cozy eat in area.

Fort Mitchell, Kentucky
“Funkilicious beach ice creme and freezes”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Things get dark quick at night on Ormond beach but this place is and oasis of bright pink sunshine. Ed is a native of the area and quick to please with literally hundreds of flavors of tasty ice cream and freezes.

When I walked in a good-looking local kid was playing Grateful Dead tunes on Ed's guitar that he leaves hanging around for patrons to use. He offered it to me and I burst into a couple of songs by the Boss and Led Zeppelin and taught him how to play a Grateful Dead song that he recognized. The kids and I and my wife all had delectable treats ranging from root beer Floats to a chunky chocolate ice cream and a sugar cone.
We were all quite sated and enjoying the atmosphere playing checkers and listening to songs on the radio when Ed asked us if we would care to guess how many gummy bears were in the bottle. After several Erroneus guesses and a little bit of coaching by way of deduction my wife arrived at the number on the head. Ed immediately offered as a free freeze which my son who has a bottomless pit of a stomach was still able to handle. After that he told us about his scholars program with free servings for kids with straight A's and he took a picture of the fam to hang on his wall of fame.

All in all we had a wonderful and memorable time, Ed was a font of knowledge and entertainment and we would go back there in an instant.

• Visited April 2014