“heading back next week”
Review of Sun Deck Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ormond Beach
Sun Deck Motel
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Ocala
“heading back next week”
Reviewed 8 July 2011

On the beach, my idea of perfect. Old fashioned, the kind of motel our family stayed in as kids. Nothing fancy, but clean and roomy, and you can't beat the price! Had a room with a kitchen for $65. Friendly staff. But, being footsteps from the big, nearly empty beach is my favorite. Hate staying in hotels, riding the elevator up and down, dragging all the stuff back and forth to the beach. At Sun Deck you can park your stuff, walk back to your room for drinks and lunch, and return to the beach. Loved my stay and hope to return next week.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank salligator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Montrose, Minnesota
Reviewed 9 June 2011

We were only at the Sun Deck for one night, but were pleased with what we found. The rooms are a good size and nice and clean - probably one of the best value motels we've stayed at - you can't beat the price. The staff was very nice and you're just a few steps away from the beach. Overall, a really nice place to stay!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ZephyrMarie
Tavares, Florida
Reviewed 6 June 2011

My room had a spectacular view of the ocean, easy access to the beach, and had everything I needed for a refreshing getaway...The staff were warm and friendly. The motel provided the 3 essential C's for respite: Comfort, cleanliness, and coziness...I left knowing this was a place I will return again and again.

Room Tip: Noisy footwork from the ceiling...try second floor
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank bezerw1
Port Orange, Florida
Reviewed 27 April 2011

The motel's staff was extremely personable and helpful. The price was the best value for the area. We now live in the area and would recommend this motel to visitors who want a motel on the beach that won't break your budget.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mllefaith
Orlando
Reviewed 11 April 2011

I stayed here in April 2011 for 2 nights. I read all the good reviews on Tripadvisor and
these reviews were confirmed. Usually you don't go wrong with Tripadvisor.
What a wonderful place right on the beach. A nice small family place only 18-20 rooms.
You can enjoy your morning coffee on the wooden benches+ tables outside of the hotel by the water and overlook the ocean. It was so relaxing !!! Free parking.

The room was spotless clean, nicely decorated and just great. Some rooms have
kitchens in it, some have a small fridge, coffeemaker + microwave in it.
What a great value for your money. Wow. Nice bathroom also.

Publix Supermarket is exactly across the street. I walked over there in the
morning to get some cream for the coffee. Super convenient !!!!!!

The beaches here are not so crowded as they are in Daytona Beach.
I already booked my next weekend in May 2011. I can't wait.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jan-orlando-florida
ocala
Reviewed 27 March 2011

We are retirees and have been up and down the coast finding nice places to stay away from daytona, ..So we ghave indulged ourselves from time to time, but I think Sundeck will be our new Rest and relation homebase.Beach was immaculate, I hve trouble walking and yet did get to the water on the boardwalk...I even climed the stairs simply to enjoy that view.....Thank you folks. My whole family is exited over this find....and cant wait to come and ejoy you your hospitality. I never did meet the owners officially alto i did check in so she was there......next time I would like to get to know you...thanks for a nice time
NANACY HENDRICKSON

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank pixiepalace
Reviewed 23 March 2011

We had a wonderful stay at sundeck. We stayed for two days and nights right before bike week. We were on our way back from Orlando and decided to spend a few days at the beach. We were very impressed with the value and friendliness. The rooms are spotless, but could use some updating. A wonderful value for a young family like ours.

• Stayed March 2011