“Pleasant, Quaint, Cozy ”
Review of Sun Deck Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ormond Beach
Sun Deck Motel
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I was surprised the room and kitchen being so large & homey. Very friendly staff, and overall a very good place to rest your head. Great location! Right off of A1A with a publix shopping plaza right across the street. The beach is only pedestrian accessible in this part of Ormond so it's very clean and relaxing. Comparable to Flagler beach.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Abethea

Reviewed 6 August 2014

A hidden place that you would not think has the charm and feel of being at home from the main road. As you pull down the driveway, you are met with a small but very well kept 2 story motel. The office gal is friendly and very knowledgeable of the surrounding area. While we were there, she also doubled as the house keeper which we thought was a great way for her to keep up with the guests needs. The property is a bit older but the love that the owner has is shown in the upkeep. We go a few times a year and are always sad to have to leave!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MamaG14
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Had another wonderful, restful stay at "the deck"! Love the un-intrusive service and the peaceful setting.

Was DISAPPOINTED to hear about a bacteria problem in the ocean (at the end of our stay) from a local on the beach...

Should check local news websites, etc. before we head down in the future.

Room Tip: Choose ocean front rooms -only 2- book early, view is AWESOME!!! Tight parking.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Claire and I Francois have been staying at the Sun Deck now for 6 or 7 years. The rooms are very clean. We could not ask for better room service. This motel is close to restaurants, food market and it's right t on the beach. We could not find a better place for our holidays. We made new friends. We see them every year and they are glad to see us as we are glad to see them.
Don't be afraid to book, you will feel at home. Internet- Wi-Fi free
Clair & Francois Macra

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Francois M
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I reserved two rooms here. The rooms were very clean and the location was great (right on the ocean). The issue was management and the people the live there. Management kept knocking on my grandmother's door saying my children were stomping around and they weren't. My husband enen showed him inside the room where both my kids were occupied with tablets. This hotel is old and the floors and walls are extremely thin. I could hear and feel everything. We decided to leave after one night and go somewhere else because we didn't want to be bothered our entire stay. This hotel is not kid friendly and more of apartments than a motel. Most of the people live here on a regular. Never again!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank A A
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I made my reservations for a night based on favourable reviews on TA. The outward appearane caused doubt in my mind but everything else after that turned out to be copacetic. Although not lavish the room and the linen were clean and free of any funny odours . The AC unit had simple controls and functioned well. The WiFi so often feeble and frustating in such places was very steady. The room had a small kitchenette which allowed us to prepare our breakfast . The motel is right on the beach which is great convince . All this came at a very affordable price .The owner Robert and the receptionist Angie seem very nice and accomodationg.

Room Tip: The rooms with two twins are cheaper than the ones with queens bed.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SunnyMD1963
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I actually ran across Sun Deck Motel by mistake when randomly looking around tripadvisor for beach hotels, and once I found out the cost and closeness to the beach (its right ON the beach) I booked two rooms for a couple of friends of mine and I. We stayed there this weekend and had an excellent time. All of the staff are very helpful and nice. You can pretty much see the beach from every doorway, and I got to see the sunrise and sunset every night and morning that we were there.

The best part: THE BEACH IS NOT CROWDED. I prefer going to beaches that are less populated and this one was perfect. It was clean, everyone in the rooms were friendly, and overall we just had a very chill time at Sun Deck. Before I checked out I booked another 3 rooms for next month :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends