“A family owned property!”
Review of Sun Deck Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ormond Beach
Sun Deck Motel
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Daytona Beach Shores, Florida
“A family owned property!”
Reviewed 19 August 2009

The owner and his son (Keith) are very attentive to the needs of their guests. My husband and I enjoyed our stay and felt the hospitality immediately upon arrival.
We felt welcomed on property during our entire stay.
The air conditioning was not working and it was replaced immediately to our amazement. Kudo's to the family duo.
Roger & Nan Louise
www.AHealthierYouEvent.Isotonix.com

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Nanlouise

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 August 2009

The Sundeck Motel offers its guests a comfortable and affordable stay. The employees are friendly and helpful, and the rooms give a relaxing, home-like feel. The motel sits directly on the beach and is close to everything you need during your stay- grocery, bank, shops, restaurants,etc. The motel gives the comforts of a commercial hotel without the sky high prices or overwhelming amounts of people. I recommend staying at the Sundeck; it's quiet, affordable, and relaxing and offers all the comforts of home.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TamsD90
atlanta
Reviewed 20 March 2009

The Sun Deck is an older Motel on the beach, run by a friendly staff. Compared to Daytona, Ormond is more quiet and less touristy. The location is great; restaurants, grocery store, coffee, and bars nearby. Speaking of restaurants, Cuvee, Pip's and Betty's were all good!
While the hotel is older, the staff keep it neat and clean, and it attracts a friendly group of guests. The beach is quiet and right out the motel doors!!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank medicalimaging
Georgia
Reviewed 25 February 2009

The Sun Deck is a great place to stay. It has great rooms and friendly people. The beach is so beautiful. It's like having your own private beach. You can walk to go shopping, eat or go to the bank. I wish I could stay forever. I recommend this motel to all my friends and family. : ) Janelle

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TikoGeorgia
Southwest Ohio
Reviewed 19 February 2009

Have always enjoyed my stay at the Sun Deck. Have been here several times in the last 5 years. Owner Robert and family run the motel. They will do anything for you. Rooms are very clean and roomy. Pet Friendly. Walk to stores.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JGordonFan24
Macon, GA
Reviewed 17 September 2008

Peaceful and serene environment with a breathtaking view of the ocean from any angle on the property. Friendly owners who are kind and courteous. Comfortable bed with high quality linens and furnishings. The room even had a nice comfortable couch with a coffee table in front. Also included high speed internet, which was required by my employer for my stay here. This was originally just a business trip, where I'd planned to stay at the cheapest, non-roach infested hotel, however it turned out to be a quality vacation. They even accommodated my dog! I even decided to stay another day and drive 1 hour north commute for my next days job, just to stay one more day at the Sun Deck Motel.

No pool and No phones in room.- Who needs a pool when you have the ocean and who needs a hotel phone when everyone has a cell phone! This keeps for a calm peaceful environment, not over-taken by tourists. Its like having your own peace of the beach while your here.

The mainstream hotel bracket here will run you $80-$125 for a 2 star hotel in the off- season. For the quality of a 4 star, you pay only a fraction. Maybe I should leave this whole paragraph out, just so I know something you dont know.

• Liked — The quality of the room for the price, and the 10 step walk to the ocean
  • Disliked — maybe the parking, but thats not a variable factor
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank colbynewman
London Ontario Canada
Reviewed 19 April 2008

Since we had no photos to go by, I was a little bit nervous of the "unseen". When we drove in the laneway of the Sun Deck, I said to my partner I think I'm going to cry...this looks so very nice!
Robert (owner) and his wife and son were so very hospitable. We had no complaints about the motel, and the location was perfect. Robert gave us the beach front ground floor efficiency and the view of the ocean every day was wonderful. There is a plaza directly across from the motel that has a Publix grocery store and a great little restaurant.
We found wonderful little places to eat great fish!! High Tides at Flagler Beach has awesome fish sandwiches, and the Turtle Shack just north of the traffic lights on Flagler Beach was well worth the drive, and along the coast is such a nice drive!
Our room was cleaned every day, and the staff were very eager to make sure that we were comfortable.
The guests were very welcoming as well, and many were spending the winter months there.
We ABSOLUTELY loved the Sun Deck, and will go back next year for a month!

• Liked — The location and the price.
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank kiorra