“I love this place!!!!!”
Review of Sun Deck Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ormond Beach
Sun Deck Motel
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Reviewed 28 November 2009

I have been going to the Sun Deck Motel for 5 years.You could not find a nicer place to stay. The owner and his employes are very kind and helpful.They will do anything they can to make your stay wonderful.All the guest that we have run into down there have been very nice. We have never seen a bug of any kind in our rooms,And never had anything taken from us. I would never think of staying any place else. This is my pick and I have been going to that area fo many,many years.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PKahle76

Reviewed 26 November 2009

Very welcoming staff. Always around checking to make sure you don't need anything. Also great with ideas of things to see and do. Will Return In Couple months. Best GetawaY

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank TWOBYRDSRAM
Reviewed 13 November 2009

Let me start by saying we have stayed at a lot of different motels over the years and the Sun Deck Motel is by far the best expierence we have ever had. From the beginning we were welcomed by a friendly staff. Our room was very clean, and had everything we needed. We receieved outstanding housekeeping throughout our stay, and was greeted by the staff daily. The Sun Deck Motel is now our home away from home. Cudo's to everyone there!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank mickey19733
Reviewed 11 November 2009

We are a 14 an under softball team and our whole team stayed here. We had so much fun. THE LOCATION WAS WONDERFUL!!! all the rooms have a veiw of beach. This is one of those great mom and pop places!!! The staff were so sweet and were very helpful. WE CAN NOT WAIT TO COME BACK FOR ANOTHER TOURNAMENT . You can not find a better location for the price, cleanliness, service and view.

• Stayed: November 2009
1  Thank rsjhd01
Reviewed 9 November 2009

Like most reviewers I chose the Sun Deck Motel because of the rave reviews. I agree with most reviewers that if I had not had such a bad experience it would have been a great value. If I had written the review immediately upon my return home I probably would not be so gracious about my review. In short, the rooms do not have safes and we experienced theft during our stay. The theft was not just something we left out exposed. What was taken was tucked inside a drawer which means they had to actually rummage through our belongings to uncover what was stolen. The owners wife admitted during our stay that an employee was the guilty party but did not want us to discuss the incident with her husband. We were traveling with others and felt very fearful after we were informed, knowing that it was a person who worked at the Sun Deck Motel who had complete access to our room at all times. We were afraid at night as well as when we left the room unattended. We also left feeling completely violated. We spoke with Robert (the owner) and made him aware of our concerns and checked out with the understanding that we still needed to further our conversations with him. It has almost been 4 months and we still have yet to receive the phone call that was promised. Also, while we were there we made them aware of a German roach problem in our room. My husband had a soda on the nightstand next to him and went to take a drink only to discover a German roach on the rim of his glass (very disgusting!!!!). Thankfully he saw it before putting it up to his mouth. Now, that we have returned home some of those pesky critters must have hitched a ride home in our luggage and we now have a problem with German roaches in our own home. If anyone knows anything about German roaches they are difficult to get rid of as well as the added expense of it. After 4 months we are still suffering through and trying to eliminate the ongoing roach problem which we didn't have prior to our stay at the Sun Deck Motel. There were other small incidences that occurred yet I have written as much as I care to.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
7  Thank angel06071
Reviewed 19 August 2009

The owner and his son (Keith) are very attentive to the needs of their guests. My husband and I enjoyed our stay and felt the hospitality immediately upon arrival.
We felt welcomed on property during our entire stay.
The air conditioning was not working and it was replaced immediately to our amazement. Kudo's to the family duo.
Roger & Nan Louise
www.AHealthierYouEvent.Isotonix.com

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Nanlouise
Reviewed 2 August 2009

The Sundeck Motel offers its guests a comfortable and affordable stay. The employees are friendly and helpful, and the rooms give a relaxing, home-like feel. The motel sits directly on the beach and is close to everything you need during your stay- grocery, bank, shops, restaurants,etc. The motel gives the comforts of a commercial hotel without the sky high prices or overwhelming amounts of people. I recommend staying at the Sundeck; it's quiet, affordable, and relaxing and offers all the comforts of home.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple