“Good Italian ..”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Good Italian ..”
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

I love Italian and when I am in the Daytona Beach area Mario's is my place. The bldg is dated but the service is impeccable. Charlie was our waiter and he was on the spot all nite. I found the food to be to my liking. Not over seasoned and rather delicious .. I will return with no worries ..

1 Thank Superior_Dave

Daytona Beach, Florida
“Pizza Wasn't So Great”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We were served 5 different pizzas. I think perhaps they let them cook too long a little burnt tasting and dark brown bottoms. Toppings were nice and tasty so I ate the tops!! WIll try again later!!

• Visited December 2013
Florida
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Nice atmosphere and great food. We eat here on a weekly basis now to get our Italian fix. We sit in the bar area and the service from Frank is fantastic. The salads are served on a cold silver plate, are fresh and the blue cheese dressing is very good. My current favorite is the stuffed manicotti, it is fabulous. Nice wine selection. I look forward to this every week!

• Visited November 2013
West Farmington
“Just so-so”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Nice enough restaurant with attentive staff. Both of us thought the food was just average although the portions were plentiful. A bit on the pricey side, all things considered.

• Visited March 2013
New York
“Good early-bird specials”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Our first encounter with Mario's was October 31, 2009...our first trip to Florida and Mario's was recommended by where we were staying. We are now back staying at the same location and again on October 31, 2013. We had to find Mario's once again and we put it in our GPS and we were so glad to find it still there. We got there early enough to partake in the early bird special. I
had the chicken parmesan and hubby had the eggplant parmesan. Both were large portions and delicious and filling. We both took home doggie bags. For an appetizer we ordered our favorite, Fried calamari. We were very disappointed in this choice. They were not tender but rather very tough morsels of calamari for the price. Fried calamari are plentiful are most restaurants in our homestate in the Northeast and I guess we are spoiled by the less expensive prices, larger portions and tender bites up north. We have learned not to order that delicacy here in the South as we have yet to find tender, acceptable calamari. But our entrees made up for our disappointing appetizer. More than enough food for an early bird and very good food. We will come back to Mario's whenever we are in the area (which isn't often).

• Visited October 2013