“Good breakfast to you”

Grenada Cafe
Ranked #146 of 209 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Not sure why Rick E had such a bad time with this restaurant experience. I have been there quite a few times lately, and I enjoy the breakfast and the personnel who work there. This restaurant provides a nicer atmosphere than local restaurants Howard's or the Sunrise Cafe, and matches both of them pretty close in food quality. While not an omelet fan myself, they do prepare a pretty mean one. Other food is generally good, not great. Prices are in line with the other competitors listed here.

1  Thank Descarte

Reviewed 12 August 2012

Entering the Cafe I noticed about 5 tables occupied , looking around for a clean one and not finding one. The only waitress came over and said sit anywhere you like.After 5 min she came by and quickly scooped up the dirty dishes and forgot to come back and wipe it down. while the whole time the owner & his wife stood behind the counter playing on their phones. the elderly lady cooking was doing everything she could to keep up. The couple next to us got up to leave because they said the food and service was awful. And still the owners standing there not trying to help the over worked waitress or ask if there was anyway to keep that customer happy that was leaving. Every alarm bell in my body went off. I should have listened to it. A party of 6 came in and again the very busy waitress said sit anywhere you like, and off to a dirty table they went... so on and so on. Our simple egg & sausage breakfast came 35 min after we sat down. The hash browns were so over cooked and the over easy egg's were hard as hockey pucks. and yet the owner's talking about their game's on the phone's and having a good ole time. So finally a customer asked if there was some way they could get their table cleared and so that's when the gentleman behind the counter started to get loud on the hustling waitress, all while the blue & pink haired woman with him jumped on the register and started counting money.
My over all experience was not a pleasant one . I will not recommend this Cafe to any of my friend's or family .

1  Thank Rick E
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Small homey restaurant owned and run by husband and wife. Nice menu, nice prices and I loved the sausage sandwich. It wasn't on the menu, but my grand-daughter asked, and they made it for her.

1  Thank janutt
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Located in a small plaza, this is a convenient local restaurant. Food is unremarkable but plenty edible. Just the usual fare. Burgers, breakfast, daily specials. Wheelchair accessible restrooms. Friendly wait staff.

1  Thank Tessmarica
Reviewed 14 March 2010

We went there with a group of eight after church. While the food was fair, the presentation left a lot to be desired. My wife had a fish sandwich and it was a good sized piece of mahi-mahi on some bread with absolutely nothing else. We had to ask the waitress for some tarter sauce. Our waitress was young and inexperienced. When the food came out, she had to "auction" it off. (who ordered the_______?)
My friends $7.00 Reuben sandwich was presented with about a 1/4" of corned beef, a slice of cheese, sauerkraut dressing on rye (the waitress had to ask what kind of bread he wanted) and absolutely nothing else on the plate! No chips, no pickle, nothing... The last straw was the (huge) busboy. He was dressed in hip hop attire, satin gym shorts halfway down his rear and his boxers in plain sight , flat brimmed cap on backwards. What a way to lose your appetite. I left a note with the cashier about him. Not the best experience but not the worst either. Will I go back, perhaps when they get a little more experience in the business.

1  Thank pickypilot