“GREAT PLACE AND VERY REASONABLE”

Symphony Beach Club
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Reviewed 18 October 2010

this was great first time son seen ocean. the staff were great and good price they made us feel at home..

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank HARLEYTSR

Reviewed 13 October 2010

We read the reviews before spending a few days here over Labor Day. We loved it so much, we stayed for 3 more days! The reviews say it all, Carmen and Frank are great, the rooms were clean and comfortable. Note: Spend the extra and get an ocean front view. We spent 3 days in an ocean side view, which was still very nice, but the ocean front was excellent! We saw dolphin every day, and can't wait to go back! We also enjoyed dining at Charlie Horse (crab legs!), and Betty's A1A Cafe (best onion rings ever!).

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank wkrpfl11
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Our recent stay at the Symphony Beach Club (Labor Day weekend) was actually a return visit. We loved it so much the last time we were here... we just had to stay again. The beach location is fantastic, and we didn't have to fight the crowds. Parking is more than adequate and the staff treat you like family. The beach is just a few steps from your door. Actualyyl, this was our third visit to Ormond Beach this year... and each time we stayed at the Symphony Beach Club. Carmen and Frank (the managers) are the best at making you feel welcome and providing an atmosphere and accomodations that are top notch. The room rates are reasonable, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. All in all, a charming and hospitable setting and a pleasureable experience. If Life is a Beach, the Symphony is the way to retreat. Bottom line...it's fantastic, and we'd highly recommend it. Kid freindly? Yes... absolutely. They have a nice pool and we sure did have fun at the hot dog social. Some really good restaurants are only a short drive away... its just north of Daytona by a few miles...and off the beaten tourist path... which makes for a fairly serene beach setting. I can still hear the Beach Music -- the gentle rolling of the tide and waves as they break near shore... Ahhhh. Frank even let me borrow his telescope so I could check out Jupiter and its 4 major moons. They are gracious hosts indeed. Thanks Carmen! Thank you Frank! We Love you guys.
Bridget, Timmy and Melissa.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank aka_Boogie
Reviewed 24 August 2010

I can tell that a lot of individualized love and attention goes into each & every guest that stays at the Symphony Beach Club. I know because I feel that warm welcome the minute I arrive. You're FAMILY now!! I ran upstairs (elevator actually) to an Ocean View unit on the second floor. It was the perfect size for me and my boyfriend and we settled right in. We often sat outside on our balcony which had a wonderful view of the ocean. We decided to take Carmen up on her advice and dined at a wonderful restaurant called "Bone Fish". Food was excellent and we really enjoyed the atmosphere & service. My boyfriend and I drove about 5-7 minutes to Daytona Beach and enjoyed some arcade games by the Pier. We went back to our unit at Symphony Beach Club and bumped into Frank & Carmen. I thanked them once again and gave them a HUG!! We told them we were thinking about having a midnight walk on the beach and Frank handed my a flash light and told us to ENJOY ourselves. We had a lovely midnight walk on the beach walking hand-in-hand under the full moon. It was just a priceless weekend.

*** I have recommend Symphony Beach Club to my patients and they all tell me how much of a "Gem by the Sea" this place really is. Everyone I refer has such an amazing time. Plus they like the free WIFI.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Goddess_V
Reviewed 23 July 2010

We were supposed to stay in a room on the 4th floor but there was damage caused by the July17th reviewer that needed to be repaired. Carmen was ready and when we arrived she had a 3rd floor room reserved for us.

When I contacted her earlier in the month I told her my husband and I were looking for a place to spend a nice relaxing vacation. I had read the reviews here, including the one or two negative ones that seem crazy compared to all the wonderful comments, and felt we could have a nice stay at Symphony Beach Club.

Immediately upon arrival Carmen made us feel like we were home. We were very early but Carmen had Erica get to our room (thankyou Erica!) so we could check in. The room was the perfect size for us but we walked straight thru it to get our first glimpse of the view. We wanted ocean side and were not disappointed - we had a direct view of the ocean and our very uncrowded beach.

When you pull down the murphy bed you don't have much room but how much do you need if you are going to bed. I had read in a previous review about the murphy bed being uncomfortable but that was not the case with us. The bead was very comfortable and we slept well each evening.

There are several restaurants close by and Carmen can recommend some to you if you are interested. There is a Publix a mile south and since you have a full kitchen you can plan to eat in if you like.

To make reservations please contact Carmen via phone or email. She manages the place so it is best to go through her than try to book elsewhere online. She is a lovely person and her personal touch helps make this 'condotel' a home away from home. This is not a luxury hotel, but if you are looking for a nice place to stay at a great value I highly recommend Symphony Beach Club.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LindaMakesMusic
Reviewed 20 July 2010

Our stay was during the same time period of the previous review. The condo has excellent service, it's spotless as is the pool area and the grounds.
My husband and I witnessed the behavior of the couple and their children from the previous review. The children were bouncing back and forth off the windows to the room and I had commented to my husband as to what was going on in there!
The couple also utilized the BBQ furnished by management and left beer cans along the pool wall which they never disposed of. Then too, the couple fought the whole time they were here making our pool time uncomfortable. We were glad they cut they stay short.
Our stay has been wonderful and we will certainly recommend this condo to others. Frank and Carmen are wonderful hosts cudos to them!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Grammie7Ohio
symphony453, Owner at Symphony Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2010

The guest that posted a negative review on July 17, took down her post. She did not realize there were other guests observing her rude and destructive ways.....

Reviewed 18 July 2010

We came to this hotel last year and they had to switch rooms because the pull out couch fell apart with our children on it, hurting them, but excused it because they set us up with an ocean view for the same price. This year, things seemed okay, aside from the lack and clean towels but i was wrong. I walked into the room and opened up the vertical plastic blinds to get a view of the ocean and the pull of the blinds broke off. I set it aside and figured my husband could just attach it back later. Unfortuneately he couldn't reattach it so I just left it beside the blinds figuring that they were old anyway since there were missing blinds and broken blinds. We checked out and on our way home we recieved a phone call from the management telling us that were charging us $100 for the broken blind rod and they did. I kinow these are hard times but really?? It was an accident, and the seemed to be older inexpensive blinds and I think $100 is completely unreasonable. I even collected all the dirty linens and put them in a pile, I bagged up the trash, wiped out the refrigerator and kitchen area and swept and wiped the floor and now I wonder why I even try to respect other people and their property.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
symphony453, Owner at Symphony Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2010

We were shocked & appalled at this guest behavior. We found it necessary to charge their
C. C. for the damage done. All guest signed a form that states any damages that occur during the guest stay are the responsibility of the guest. If the room wasn't trashed and the vertical destroyed by this guest, there would be no charge. An inspection is done upon all departure and when they are told of the damage they did to the room, they get disgruntle and write a bad review in order to hurt our establishment. They state it was an accident, if so why didn't they let management know of the problem during their stay or before leaving??