“A Good Place to Stay for Daytona Speedway”

Days Inn Ormond Beach
Ranked #24 of 28 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Ocala, FL
“A Good Place to Stay for Daytona Speedway”
Reviewed 1 December 2009

Save some money and stay here when you go to Daytona. There isn't much at this exit, but you can find plenty of places to eat and shop when you go south an exit or two. I needed a room over Thanksgiving for business in Daytona & everywhere in Daytona cost an arm & a leg. I read the reviews for this Days Inn & decided to try it. Not bad for the money at all. No breakfast, no frills. But new micro/fridge, coffee pot, nice tv, plenty of parking. It's an older building but acceptably clean. My only complaint was that with a sold out motel, there was only one working ice machine, so I had to buy ice. Oh yeah, there are no elevators, so make sure to get a downstairs room. Avoid Salsa Restaurant at the Quality Inn next door. Frozen Mexican TV dinners would taste better.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Palm Bay, FL
Reviewed 21 October 2009

That being said, Scottish Inn holds their own in the sub-economy-chain-motel brand against better known competitors such as Motel 6. Rates are posted on a towering electronic sign indicating availability and nightly prices and/or specials. This tells the customer what to expect when they arrive at the registration door.

Room layout is bare-bones, as the swimming pool is located on another property. The positive out of this is that all rooms are facing parking spaces and the two-story layout means you will be walking no more than one flight of stairs to your room.

Room has a surprisingly amount of amentities for what would be a *-** range motel - that being minifridges, microwave ovens, and a good selection of cable channels. However, vending machines are difficult to come by here, and will require a trip to the Exxon next door or the Love's gas station 1/4 mile down the road.

Nevertheless, I was not expecting the Ritz-Carlton. But don't let my 3/5 rating fool you - for what I paid, I got my money's worth. Value. That's all I ask for in a hotel stay. Thank you, Scottish Inns, and keep up the good work.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
Rockledge
Reviewed 13 July 2009

I traveled to Daytona with my kids and friends, we all went to Daytona Lagoon. This hotel was better than I expected especially for the value. The rooms was spacious and clean and the beds were comfortable. The bathrooms were a little small but other than that they were clean and everything was up to date in the room, it has been remodeled and it looks great. The staff was very courteous and helpful and pleasant! The hotel is located in a great location, not far from Daytona at all. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
RIVERVIEW
Reviewed 1 December 2008

We stayed here for turkey run in daytona. We booked 7 rooms and we all agreed that it could not have been any better. Room service was very good. The front desk help was more than willing to help in any way they could. A special thanks to Lucky,Joyce and Diane they were very nice. Rooms were clean and newly remodeled. Very quite at nite time. No problems at all. Lots of parking. We will certainly stay here on our next trip in this area. what a bargin for the money. Keep up good work. Jim Hance and Gang

• Liked — THE SERVICE AND CLEANESS
  • Disliked — NOTHING
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Edinburgh
Reviewed 20 August 2008

We stayed here during the Daytona 400 at the beginning of July. I understand the issues with booking at that time of year but we payed $200 for one night which was kind of taking the biscuit. It sold itself on being close to the racetrack but is over $40 in a taxi and over 15 miles away.
The rooms are just standard Days Inn and would be acceptable at a cheaper rate. It is in the middle of nowhere with a Burger King and gas station the only things within walking distance. The only reason to be staying here is for the Harley Davidson store across the road or any of it's activities.
Our biggest problem was in the bathroom where someone had been sick on the wall beside the toilet and it had not been cleaned up. This is the lowest common denominator but we never actually used the bathroom until the morning so just left without reporting it to reception.
Don't be fooled by the location Ormond Beach. It's a motel off the freeway and a very long distance from the sea.

• Liked — Bruce Rossmeyer Harley Davidson across the road
  • Disliked — Sick on the toilet wall and the toilet wasn't secured to the floor
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Ormond Beach hotels

Murrells Inlet, S.C.
Reviewed 20 January 2007

our bathroom was so filled with mold,We couldn"t even take a shower. The refridgerator and microwave were disgusting. I took pictures of the tub and ceiling above the shower. I also took pictures of the room including the microwave and refridgerator. I was hoping to be able to find a place to write to ,to complain and to request my money back. You couldn't pay me to stay there.I hope the management or someone high up the corporate ladder will read this and contact me.The motel's address is1608 US 1 North. A friend and I stayed there on 1/03/07.I have just recently returned home and that is why it has taken me so long to try and make contact. I did approach the gentleman on duty, and told him how bad it was and that I had taken pictures. He appeared un concerned.I'm sure the hotel will be able to find me through the information I had filled out.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled with friends
2 Thank S.C.Dixie
Tina T, Manager at Days Inn Ormond Beach, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
I am sincerely saddened to hear that your experience with us was so unacceptable. We work very hard to ensure that our rooms which include bedding and furnishings are clean, neat and comfortable. We strive to make every guests' stay a good experience as most of our reviews state we have achieved. I sincerely apologize for not meeting that goal with you and wished that we had known earlier in your stay of your dissatisfaction with your room as the staff would have taken immediate steps in correcting the situation to your liking. All issues have been addressed. I hope that you will visit us again in your travels and I do appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.
Bartow
Reviewed 25 October 2006

We go to Biketoberfest and Bike Week every year, and have stayed in lots of different hotels. This was really one of the nicer rooms we''ve stayed in at the events. I would definately stay there again!!! I always shop on all the websites until I find a price I can live with and I would not think twice about coming back to this hotel!!! I didn't see any bugs, rooms were very clean and pleasant.

Stayed October 2006