“Not bad for what you pay”

Super 8 Ormond Beach
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Ormond Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Waskom
“Not bad for what you pay”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

For what you pay its not bad. The rooms are clean the furniture is a little old but clean. The bath room is clean every thing works well water pressure is good. Flat screen tv is new and works well. The hotel staff are very help full and nice no problem with non of them. When I'm back in the area I will stay here again with no problem.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Deborah B, Manager at Super 8 Ormond Beach, responded to this review, 31 March 2013
Dear JT,

Thank you for your appreciation of our hotel. We are striving for excellence and we are happy that you took the time to let your fellow travelers know that you would return. We look forward to your return and until then Happy Travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Finnish first
Spring Hill
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I came across this motel by chance and have had good service at Super8 before. I was a little taken back by the rate, but the stay was comfortable and the location convenient so it made the stay worth the money. The front desk clerk was very efficient and knew her job well, as well as being extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Deborah B, Manager at Super 8 Ormond Beach, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
Dear David D,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay but are very happy that you found our Front Desk service was terrific. That makes our day! We hope that you have an oppotunity to visit us again and until then Happy Travels!
Hampton, Georgia
Reviewed 8 February 2013

We stayed here overnight, on our way to Port Canaveral, to go on a cruise. My husband had booked two adjoining rooms, one for him and me and another for his mother. There was a glitch when we checked in--for some reason, we had been booked two handicapped accessible rooms, which we did NOT need. They were back to back, not side by side. We told the ladies at the desk that that wasn't what we had booked and they said it was probably a computer glitch. They gave us a room next to one of the handicapped accessible rooms, so all was well.

The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The bathtubs these days all seem to be very shallow, so it was hard for me to soak in a hot tub with half my body sticking up out of the water--and I am small and NOT fat--but that is a minor quibble. The continental breakfast was okay--waffles, two kinds of Kellogg's cereals--Special K and Raisin Bran, neither of which I like--toast, and bagels. I wish there had been the addition of some protein, like hard boiled eggs, but it was okay. The room was clean and comfortable, and that was the main thing. I found the beds comfortable, but my husband griped that his back hurt in the morning. I have arthritis in my left hip and can't sleep too long on it on some mattresses, but I had no problems doing so on this bed, so I think my hip trumps my husband's back.

Overall, it was an enjoyable stay at a good price, and we would stay here again, if we were in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BonnieT
Dear BonnieT,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Our guests that stay with us on their way to the cruise port are very much appreciated as we are a great inbetween place to stay. I am sorry that you felt that our breakfast was not adequate. We try to appease to everyone with a Breakfast starter. Thank you for letting everyone know that you will consider staying withy us when next in the area and until then Happy Travels!
Erie, PA
Reviewed 1 February 2013

After reading the good reviews on tripadvisor, we decided to give this motel a try. At first I thought it had kind of a funky smell, but the clerk had mentioned the carpet had been shampooed and I am sure that is what it was. The room was clean and that is what matters most to us. I thought the rate was very reasonable.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chewystu
Dear Chewystu,

We are happy to hear that your stay was comfortable. Thank you for taking the time to let others know of your comfort and hopefully you will consider staying with us again. Until then, Happy Travels!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 31 December 2012

From check~ in to check~ out, everything was perfect. GM at the front desk was very knowledgeable, nice, and accommodating. Rooms were clean as well as the entire hotel.

If we return to the Daytona Florida area, I will definitely plan to stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JT T
Dear JT T

Thank you so much for your review - We appreciate the fact that you took the time to acknowledge your stay. We are happy that you plan to stay with us on your next trip to Ormond Beach and until then Happy Travels!