The Cove on Ormond Beach
US$66
Super 8 Ormond Beach(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
US$61
Atlantic Cove(Ormond Beach)
US$89
US$64
Hotels.com
US$84
Driftwood Beach Motel(Ormond Beach)
US$78
Best Western Castillo Del Sol(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$106
Sleep Inn(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
US$62
Hotels.com
Quality Inn & Suites On The Beach(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$138
Agoda.com
OceanFront Inn and Suites(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
US$87
All reviewslazy rivernorth towertime sharewasher and dryerliving roompool areachairs and umbrellasfull kitchengranite countertopsocean viewactivities directorone bedroom unitno pressurehot tubmurphy bedgreat poolpull out couch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This was our 3rd year staying at the Cove. We keep coming back because our kids LOVE the water slide and lazy river. I was looking forward to my toddler enjoying the lazy river and get splashed by the umbrella, but unfortunately the lazy river and umbrella was not working the entire time that I was there. I understand things go wrong, but to pay as much as we did to not get what we came for was a bit disappointing. Upon check in, I was required to place a $100 hold on a credit card. This was the first time I have ever been asked to do this and I did not have funds on a credit card for this. I was denied a waiver for this and had to resort to having my Mother place it on a credit card. If she wasn't with me, I would of lost money because it had already been paid in full and would of had no hotel to stay at for our vacation. The pool staff, besides the manager, were very unfriendly and quick to shut down the pool when clouds appear. ( I know what the policy is for lightening). I did approach the front desk regarding the disappointment of the pool not working like it should, I mentioned maybe getting a pass of some sort to come back a few times through the summer, just to use the pool for the day. She told me no, and that I had to be an owner to get those privileges. This was our last year staying at the Cove. Too many disappointments this year. We went from no disappointments to quite a few.

3  Thank Heather J
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This place was a really nice stay! The beach was awesome, and the staff was extremely accommodating. The beds were comfortable, as were the pull outs. The balcony was decent size, but a little on the small side. Don't stay on the 3rd floor, as the view of the ocean is obstructed by the palm trees. The resort lets outsiders in on a day pass, so you will have visitors who are not staying in the hotel with you in the pool areas.
There was no hot breakfast, but they do cook out hotdogs and burgers for lunch and you can buy them for a nominal price.
They ask you upon check in if you want to go to a small 90 min presentation for the condo timeshare. They will offer you $75 in a prepaid visa. We didn't do it.
No ice machines.
There was a rowdy bunch of kids which after 11pm, were quited by security when I complained.
Oh, also, we checked out at 3am. There was no security. Front door wasn't' locked. Anyone could walk in or out of the building. That was a little unsettling.
Prices was affordable for all that you get.
The kids loved the water slide.

Room Tip: dont choose a room on the 3rd floor if you want to see the ocean.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank IceprincessMommy
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed here for 2 days and were excited to stay on the ocean. The room was very clean and nicely stocked. We were happy to have been upgraded to a 2 Bedroom 2 bath villa. The staff, specifically the 2 gentlemen who secure and manage the beach area, were very impressive and friendly. The villa had a washer/dryer which was nice. The beds in the rooms were extremely uncomfortable, linens were scratchy, and the walls are quite thin. The furniture was uncomfortable to sit in as well. It was a high traffic weekend and parking was hard to come by. We witnessed the employees and guests from The Plantation park at The Cove and walk to that hotel making it difficult to find any parking for our vehicle. The keycard to the North Tower entry way was difficult to use and the elevators were slow (also due to high traffic). The outdoor pool area was swamped so we didn't use it, but looked fun for kids. LOVE the ice cold water that was available beachside - a very nice touch. This would receive better ratings perhaps during a slower time and more comfortable bedding. A nice place overall. Very spacious villa... very good staff.

1  Thank 411melissag
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Me and my family has been staying at the same place for the last 3 years but this time was the last, First of all we was in the south tower which you do not have a good view and you can't even smoke on the balcony, Second the lazy river and the pool things were not working. and last but not least is the workers this time was not friendly at all I asked the guy that was cleaning the pool what time it was in a real angry voice he stated " I don't know" so guess what I just said thank you and walked away. I don't have tg pay my hard earned money and be rude to so I won't be staying there next year when our family takes our yearly vacation

2  Thank dkp59
diamondresorts, Manager at The Cove on Ormond Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. At The Cove on Ormond Beach, we are aware that Smoke-free lodging is popular with our owners, members and guests and becoming a more prevalent request each year. As such, all accommodations are non-smoking here. Outdoor patios however, are one of several exemptions of the Smoke-Free Act; therefore, smoking is allowed on outdoor patios of the North Tower. We of course apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please note that while we want all our guests to enjoy their stays here, we do not want them to do so at the expense of other guests. We appreciate having had the opportunity to host you over the years and apologize for the dissatisfactions you experienced with your overall stay. We hope that you would reconsider and be willing to give us another chance to make a better impression on you in the future.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Upon arrival, our booking through Priceline had been downgraded to a room too small to accomodate our group. I had to "prove" to them that I had actually rented a larger room. Thankfully I had the confirmation from Priceline saved on my phone. Took an hour to get the problem resolved. First tried to put me in a room that was still smaller than what I had reserved. I I had to be persistent to get a room as reserved. The only reason our group chose the Cove and was willing to pay a little more is because of the wonderful pool area for toddlers. That area of the pool was completely non-functioning during our entire visit. I would not recommend The Cove. You will be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank D M
diamondresorts, Manager at The Cove on Ormond Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

We appreciate you providing us with feedback from your recent stay here. Please know that it is not typical that our guests, would experience challenges with our front desk teams at check in. Many guests, like yourself, have complimented us on providing an exceptional check in experience. Clearly an error was made on our part, and you were assigned a room that was different than what you booked. It is great for us to read that our management team was able to accommodate you with the unit you desired however, we are still very sorry this problem occurred in the first place. We will immediately address this with our teams to prevent this from happening to any future guests of the resort. Due to unexpected repairs, the outdoor toddler aquatic area was affected during your stay. While our water feature motor did go down, all pools have remained open for swimming. We appreciate your understanding in these matters and hope this does not deter you from returning to visit our property as our valued guest again in the future.