“Not Your Typical Motel 6”

Motel 6 Ormond Beach
Ranked #24 of 28 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Not Your Typical Motel 6”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I stayed here briefly this Spring, and found this place absolutely wonderful. The room was spotlessly clean with perfectly functioning AC, and great management; this place is a godsend for travelers or those individuals who might be either new to the area or just passing through. The internet was also great!

Room Tip: Pets are allowed here.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 14 January 2013

The place used to be a quality Inn. I found that out when I asked the front desk why the WIFI does not work. They said look for either the Dlink or Quality Inn connection. I tried one but did not see the other. And what I got was a message saying little or no connectivity. So the WIFI did not work for us. Also the restaurant they advertise has long since closed.

I want to say the hotel is a nice place to stay. Check in was quick but things went down hill from there. The first morning of my two night stay left me with taking a cold shower. I checked with the front desk before we left and they said let the water run about 15 minutes so it can get hot. A waste of gallons of water I feel but that is how the motel is.

We got in late for our second night and found housekeeping lacking. We had a hamburger in bed the first night because there was no table in the room to eat on. We spilled ketchup in bed and wiped it up with a napkin. The second night we saw the bed and it looked like all housekeeping did was pull the bedspread over. We pulled back the covers and saw the red ketchup spot still on the sheets.

One thing we did not see were any of the bugs we had read about. The pest control was working. Only wish housekeeping had a vacuum that worked. I walked barefoot in the room the first night and saw the dirty foot prints in the tub when I stepped in.

Overall the price was on the lower end of the area. So if you are looking to save money and do not mind if the room is that clean, than book here. But do not be alarmed by the Police car parked out in front of the hotel. We hear that car has been parked there empty for months.

Room Tip: We could not hear the Interstate traffic from our room.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank RedTraveler23

Travellers are raving about these Ormond Beach hotels

Reviewed 13 January 2013

The room was a decent room, beds were like sleeping on the floor. Pillows were nice. Room smelled musky. Very nice price. It was in a great spot due to it was close to st Augustine. Will not be staying here again. Carpet looked like it needed to be cleaned. Tv was more for sports people. Service was great. Only coffee in lobby no breakfast. Was close to a burger king

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank mrschristabarwick
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 9 January 2013

There are a list of lodging choices in this area. Motel 6 was one of the more economical in price. We got a king size bed. The room was very clean. The property felt safe. We had 3 days here. Enjoyed it. Did not try thr pool. Too cold for us to swim in Jan. There was a hotel, across the street, at the Harley Davidson property. We heard it was not so good. We also spent less on 3 nights total, at Motel 6, than we would of paid for one night across the street. The hotel is off I-95 and not near the beach. But for how much we saved, it was worth it for us.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rest_stop_11
Reviewed 3 January 2013 via mobile

Was traveling through for a tour of Stetson University and on to the Disney soccer showcase and was just looking for an inexpensive place to crash for the night. There are about 4 hotels side by side this hotel seemed cleaned and was the cheapest. When we got in the room I was amazed at how clean it was, and just well maintained. The bed was mucho the comfortable than what I paid 3x as much for at a Marriott during our stay for in Orlando for so very tourney.
Staff was very friendly and helpful, definitely recommend.

• Stayed December 2012
Rolling Meadows, Illinois
Reviewed 25 November 2012 via mobile

We chose this location for the visit to the Speedway for Turkey Rod Run. These rooms all pretty much carry the same theme. This one actually had a microwave and refrigerator in it that was useful. If you look close enough you will find something to complain about but then again think about how much you are paying and what you are getting. No thrills just somewhere to lay your head

• Stayed November 2012
Reviewed 15 September 2012

It was Aug 2012 my husband and I rode our Harley out there for a lil get away we checked in and left to get dinner came back and we parked in front of our room the here comes this guy yellin at my husband sayin he was parked in his spot and he needed to move we said that the spot was not marked for anybody the guy was the manager for the motel..so we moved the motorcycle and he called the police on us and made us leave and we only had been in the room 30 mins and they would not even give us our money back so I will never stay at that place again we went to the hotel next door and they said that they have so many ppl comin there from motel 6 becuz of the manager....so I suggest not goin to that place

• Stayed August 2012