A group of 8 of us booked in with Alan the landlord whilst we were visiting Avebury for the Sunday night. 3 Doubles & Twin double. We felt immediatly at home in the Crown, with old world style decor throughout & whilst still being modern & all set in Choclate box village. Alan showed us to our rooms & could'nt of been more helpfull as were his staff. The bedrooms were large & the decor was of the same high standard as the rest of the Inn & a joy to be in. Everywhere was clean, tidy & as an additional bonus in the enclosed courtyard nestled in about the brollys & tables was an open wood arbour. Good choice of real Ales & all kept well. We had a range of starters & main courses ( roast diner to vegitarian) Good food. Full English in the morning was good. Would definatly return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Marlborough Downs, the Crown is a gracious old country inn, offering warm hospitality, real ales, fine food and wines, and 4 charming en suite double rooms. This is an ideal pastoral base to explore England’s treasures: 6 miles from M4 motorway Junction 15, Hungerford 7m, Marlborough 8m, Swindon 10m with high-speed train to London (55 min), Newbury 19m, Stonehenge 33m, Lacock 33m, Cirencester 24m, Oxford 41m, Bath 45m, Blenheim 50m, Windsor 52m, Stratford 62mAll room have been redecorated but still with style of of a country inn ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Book Direct Rooms, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your The Crown Aldbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown At Aldbourne Hotel Marlborough
- The Crown Aldbourne Wiltshire