Stayed for 2 nights at the end of October 2013, room was satisfactory (although the toilet was extremely noisy due to the macerator), however on the Sunday the room was not cleaned at all, nothing was replenished nor beds made (apparently the cleaner has a day off on the Sunday and nobody was arranged to take over) despite the price being exactly the same on both nights (£75). On the Monday morning we came down to breakfast to find that the area was locked up and didn't open up until after 9am when we and another couple had to wait whilst the landlord first cleared the tables of glasses from the previous evening before getting ready for breakfast, which was then pretty chaotic and only average in quality. I can only assume that the landlord had overslept. Quite disappointing overall as we had high expectations when we first arrived.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Marlborough Downs, the Crown is a gracious old country inn, offering warm hospitality, real ales, fine food and wines, and 4 charming en suite double rooms. This is an ideal pastoral base to explore England’s treasures: 6 miles from M4 motorway Junction 15, Hungerford 7m, Marlborough 8m, Swindon 10m with high-speed train to London (55 min), Newbury 19m, Stonehenge 33m, Lacock 33m, Cirencester 24m, Oxford 41m, Bath 45m, Blenheim 50m, Windsor 52m, Stratford 62mAll room have been redecorated but still with style of of a country inn ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Book Direct Rooms, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Crown Aldbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown At Aldbourne Hotel Marlborough
- The Crown Aldbourne Wiltshire