My wife and I spent a Saturday night here for a late birthday break. The staff were very friendly and were pleased to share their local knowledge with us. The food, both dinner in the evening and the Sunday morning breakfast were excellent. Good honest home cooking served with a pleasant attitude. The room was clean and comfortable with a nice view across the village pond. This stay made our weekend a fabulous success.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Marlborough Downs, the Crown is a gracious old country inn, offering warm hospitality, real ales, fine food and wines, and 4 charming en suite double rooms. This is an ideal pastoral base to explore England’s treasures: 6 miles from M4 motorway Junction 15, Hungerford 7m, Marlborough 8m, Swindon 10m with high-speed train to London (55 min), Newbury 19m, Stonehenge 33m, Lacock 33m, Cirencester 24m, Oxford 41m, Bath 45m, Blenheim 50m, Windsor 52m, Stratford 62mAll room have been redecorated but still with style of of a country inn ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Book Direct Rooms, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Crown Aldbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown At Aldbourne Hotel Marlborough
- The Crown Aldbourne Wiltshire