“Sunday carvery wont leave you dissapointed”

The Crown Aldbourne
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Aldbourne
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Ramsbury, England, United Kingdom
“Sunday carvery wont leave you dissapointed”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Been to this pub quite a few times and never had a bad meal but today was the first time I have ever done the carvery as it was Easter Sunday I thought why not give it a try.
Myself and 3 other family member went, we each had a starter before having the carvery which although the starter was very nice it wasn't needed.
For the carvery we had the choice of beef,pork,chicken you could choose two meats, I choose beef and pork both of which was very thickly cut. you then could help your self to Yorkshire puddings,roast potatos,roast parsnips,cauli,cabbage,cabbage,stuffing, You then had the choice of beef or chicken gravy. All the veg were fresh veg there was no frozen veg and even the Yorkshire puddings were home made.
We also had deserts which again was homemade I had a lemon and lime crunch which was very nice.another member had apple pie which had massive chunks of apple in with creamy custard. Price wise for 4 people it was two rounds of drinks,4 starters,4 carvery, and 4 puddings total cost £95 quid and well worth it. Would also like to say through this review the girl who was the waitress for today did a excellent job, considering she was doing the whole restaurant not once did she appear to be rushed and like all the staff there was polite and couldn't do enough for you.my only regret is I never tried the carvery sooner would have saved me a lot of cooing on a sunday.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Sarahh672

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Enchanting pub!”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Absolutely enchanting pub in a beautiful village. Fantastic food and very friendly staff and customers! Prices very reasonable. Can't recommend highly enough.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank AlexGordon
Bedfordshire
“Excellent Carvery”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Having read the reviews, we thought that we would give this pub a try. We were not disappointed - the food was of an excellent standard - some of our party had the beef, which was provided rare on request, and some had the pork. Good range of vegetables, again freshly cooked. Wide range of home-cooked puddings finished off a fine meal. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Caddingtonian
Liverpool
“Great Meal....Good Company!”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My meal was excellent at The Crown...like turning the clock back to the days when pubs offered fresh home cooked tasty food,,,such a refreshing change.

My whitebait started was excellent as was the homemade pizza I opted for for my main.

It was cold and windy outside and the rain was coming down sideways and this just added to the cosy atmosphere as I enjoyed my meal in front of the lovely log fire in the warmth of The Crown.

The staff were charming and I could not fault anything.....good value for money was an added bonus!

The owner came over to check if everything was OK and we had a long chat...this place is so welcoming to passers by... I will certainly return to have another meal here and can certainly recommend to others.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Cags1970
Ramsbury, England, United Kingdom
“Best about”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I have reviewed this pub before last November and we have been here 5 more time since including Christmas dinner. Latest meal we have had here was today. Since my last review I've tried various places in the area and have to say the crown is the best one for quality food. We haven't had one bad meal here. the pub has a nice country feel as you walk in,warm and clean and the staff are attentive though out your time here.We went to the pub today as table of four we all had different meals which were all ate as they were superb.Best bit was the desserts they were all home made, mine was a sticky toffee apple cake and OMG it was absolutely divine,. For quality, value ,service, I would highly recommend here.its nice that I have found somewhere where that when I have family members stay with me or visit I can take them to the pub and be confident that it will be enjoyed and its good as nothing is worse than having a family member visit and you take them to a pub for lunch and the meal is poor.which did happen to me when I very stupidly went to the blue boar. Def will be back.if I could afford it I would eat there every night.only think is I really don't think my waistline could take it. value for 4 main meals and desserts plus a round of drinks £57.30and worth every penny.

• Visited October 2013