“SOME STAND OUT DISHES AT MY LOCAL NEIGHORHOOD ITALIAN EATERY”

Giovanni's Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria
Ranked #12 of 169 Restaurants in Oviedo
Price range: US$15 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I've lived in Oviedo the past fourteen years, and have either eaten in, taken out, or had delivered Giovannis' food well over a hundred times. This is a family run operation that has a few other local locations, and they take their cooking seriously. Not every dish is what I would call excellent, however, some are exceptional. I love their home made soups, their linguini with red clam sauce, veal Giovanni, mussels fra diavalo, and fettuccini alfredo. Make sure you order their garlic knots. For dessert, try to leave room for their chocolate corruption cake. For those who desire it , their pizza is pretty good for Florida pizza. Prices here are moderate, service is fine. They stay open pretty late too.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

We tried Giovanni's tonight. I liked the atmosphere and I will give it another shot, because it might have just been an off-night. The service was good, but the food was average at best. The soups were pretty salty. The bruschetta - more of a pizza with mozzarella, basil, and tomato chunks - was ok. The philly cheese steak sandwich was apparently good however and I heard the spaghetti with meat sauce (enormous, by the way) was also good, but it looked pretty plain to me.

We didn't try wine. It was just a quick dinner. $40 or so.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

Pros: Reasonable Prices, Good Food
Cons: No Good Seating For Large Groups

This location is near our office, so we are regular customers both for lunch as well as take-out dinners.

From a lunch perspective, they have a nice, reasonably priced menu, and the staff does a good job of tending to everyone. While they offer a full menu at lunch, most will likely look to the salad, pizza, and sandwich options. I nearly always get a house salad (with the house dressing - it's excellent) and a white pizza slice. It is served with fresh baked breadsticks.

For dinner entrees, I have had a number of different takeout selections, as well as pizza. The food is always nicely prepared, and the portions are generous.

While I wouldn't tout this as a place to go for "authentic Italian", it is a regular stop for me and I'll be back - many times.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

My boyfriend, friend and I came to Tampa on spring break and visited a college buddy in Orlando and we came here for dinner. The prices are amazing for the amount of food you get, not to mention the staff was very polite and helpful.

The food was pretty good, however, I got a TERRIBLE stomach ache after. No one else did so it could've just been the heat and heavy meal combined! and I also didn't like that we were seated literally in a small dark corner with two tables close next to us (little claustrophobic).

I got pasta with meatballs - Pretty good.
Boyfriend got chicken parm - DELICIOUS!
Also reccomend trying the house dressing for the salad it was absolutely delicious and unique and I'm a little mad I didn't buy a bottle of it to take home lol.

Reviewed 22 February 2013 via mobile

We were in town visiting and went to this restaurant on the recommendation of a "local" This was supposed to be a romantic, Valentine's Day dinner. I'm of Italian heritage, and my family owned Italian restaurants in New York. I feel I am critiquing from a place of knowledge and experience. In my opinion, this food was absolutely AWFUL!

1  Thank Tropicgrl