The Magnolia Cafe
Ranked #3 of 68 Restaurants in Palatka
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A little slice of Saint Augustine in Downtown Palatka!
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I live almost an hour away in Palm Coast and was in Palatka for a yoga class. After class my friends treated me to a delicious brunch at The Magnolia. Palatka is a charming little town, and I was pleasantly surprised to discover The Magnolia Cafe is vegetarian/vegan friendly.

The restaurant is clean and cozy but not claustrophobic, it has a refreshingly open feel. The atmosphere is like a meeting place between old Florida and modern day. Framed black and white photographs accented with bright red lines hang on the walls reminiscent of times gone by.

Our server was efficient and helpful. I ordered a southwest salad with “no chicken” and our server offered to substitute hummus instead. I happily accepted, I love hummus! I could eat it by the spoonful! I rarely encounter a restaurant that can offer me a non-meat substitution and this gives The Magnolia extra bonus points in my book.

The salad was a delightful blend of various, fresh, crisp greens, avocado, tomatoes, black beans and more! The hummus was an awesome addition to the salad. It came with pita chips and the dressing was tangy and flavorful. The portion was quite large, filled the entire plate stacked high! The prices are reasonable for the large portions and the high quality. My salad was so good I devoured every bite! I should have saved half of my salad for a second meal later and tried a desert. I hear their cupcakes are amazing. They have the best decaf drip coffee I've had anywhere.

I was absolutely impressed with the Magnolia. I would make the drive from Palm Coast to Palatka just to eat here. I will definitely be back and high recommend it. Want to make a day of it? Have breakfast or brunch at the Magnolia and head over to the Ravine Gardens after.

1  Thank Kadee H

Reviewed 30 May 2014

If you are ever passing through the quaint and charming town of Palatka, fl, a quick stop for either breakfast or lunch is a must. This restaurant, located amid a tree-lined street that leads to the St. John's river, offers much in the way of old school charm rarely found amid a culture of fast food chains. What with its unique and reasonably priced menu items, one cannot go wrong here. A local eatery whose principal aim is to serve local clientele a dish of southern hospitality as well.

1  Thank Diningboy
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My mom and I drove from deland fl to visit this wonderful little cafe.
We had reuben and pattymelt. Both sandwiches prepared perfectly. My mom LOVED the reuben, melt in your mouth.!!! the pattymelt also very Tasty! key lime pie was fab. Service was GREAT! would HIGHLY recommend to everyone! Well worth little day trip! thank you

1  Thank Tami A
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I travel to Palatka quite a bit, but this was my first time here. Definitely sorry I hadn't found this place sooner, but will definitely be back! The food was fresh, the servers were friendly, and the prices are fair. Can't ask for much better than that.

1  Thank Michael L
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Salads and sandwiches are the best; my favorite is the Hombre Salad with home-made pita chips. Friendly, attentive service and cozy atmosphere. Highly recommend!

2  Thank Nonna Giovanna