“Still a Nice Hotel”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Palatka
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Been staying here for a number of years since we visit Palatka twice a year. Have never had a bad experience at this hotel. Would recommend it.

Room Tip: Love the Queen Suites...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank W.a. P

Reviewed 17 February 2012

Have stayed here twice over a two year period, and have had a good experience both times!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank AJS123
Reviewed 7 December 2011

We went to Palatka December 3rd, 2011, due to our aunt being hospitalized for a heart attack. Earlier in the week, my sister and I had read reviews of other hotels in the area and chose a different hotel based upon a little higher ratings. However, when my mother arrived in town on Thursday, Dec. 1, 2011, she went to the Sleep Inn and got a room there. She called me to say she was very happy with the Sleep Inn - the staff members were very nice and helpful, her room was spotlessly clean, they had hot cookies in the evening, a good breakfast and the room rate was considerably less than what we'd reserved our rooms for next door. Since we were only staying for one night and could cancel our reservations until 6:00 p.m., Saturday a.m., we called the hotel we had reservations with, explained that our mother was staying next door and asked if they'd be willing to work with us on the room rate. The reservation lady said they could reduce the price by $5 and when my sister told her that was still $25 more for each of our rooms, her response was well we do have a hot breakfast! When we arrived in town, we went by the Sleep Inn, told the front desk staff member our mother was staying there (mentioning we were visiting our aunt who'd had a heart attack) and we wanted to know if they had any rooms available. She said they did, looked up my mother's chart and said I'll charge you the same rate as she received. She told us the hours for breakfast and showed us where it was held, encouraged to be sure and get some of their hot cookies in the evening, showed us a book of DVD's (free no less) we could watch if desired and given the names/directions to some nice restaurants nearby. We found the rooms to be quite roomy, spotlessly clean, the bed was comfortable, the hotel was near several restaurants - some within walking distance, our wake-up call arrived on the dot, cookies were delicious and the staff members were some of the nicest most helpful I've encountered anywhere!! All of us were extremely pleased with the hotel, staff, rooms, etc., and will definitely return here on our next visit!!!

Room Tip: You can hear kids running down the hall on lower floors in the a.m. (not really a problem for us) bu...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Cathie_Danny
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I have to start off by saying the hotel was nice and clean. I also felt the staff was very friendly.
However, I was there to sleep and could not do that! I was in town for a family event and picked this hotel based off of recommendations. The walls are too thin, we could hear entire conversations next to us and unfortunately they stayed up until after midnight and woke up before 7:30 am. My brother also stayed in another room on another floor and had the same issue. I travel for business all over the US and have never had an issue where I could hear entire conversations. We're returning to Palatka for a wedding in a few weeks and I will have to try another hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank FireflySweetTea
Reviewed 17 September 2011

What a great place this is! Clean, comfortable and spacious. That is what we need when travelling with two little kids. My daughter loved the pool and breakfast was good with a lot of choice.
The hotel is very quiet, I didn't hear a sound from the other rooms. Thank you Sleep Inn Palatka for this great stay!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank snowman02
Reviewed 23 November 2010

We stayed here to visit family that lives locally. This hotel fit all our needs perfectly. Check in was a breeze. The staff were very friendly and made you feel welcome. Our king bed room was clean and nicely appointed. The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in. The shower was hot with good water pressure.
Breakfast was included and was great for a hotel breakfast. It had scrambled eggs as well as boiled eggs to choose from, sausage patties, sausage gravy and biscuits, waffles, fruit and pastries..etc.
We travel there several times a year and plan to make this our regular hotel for future visits.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mamamaga
Reviewed 19 July 2010

This hotel is a must stay for Palatka. We stayed 2 nights on a fishing trip and were overall "pleased". The hotel staff is great and the hotel is "well kept". Our room was decent and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was very good. The pool was well maintained and refreshing. My only issues were #1) There were kids in the pool that were not staying at the hotel and they were loud and surly to a point of disrespect. #2) This is not the hotels fault but Palatka has turned into a rough little town and it is impossible to "walk around" without being asked for money or a cigarette! There is a gas station, several restaurants, and a Lowes nearby but I suggest driving vs walking, and do not even bother going to the mall behind the hotel. (trust me in that one)

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank jacksondxmg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palatka
Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront
#1 of 7 in East Palatka
Grand Gables Inn
Grand Gables Inn
#1 of 3 in Palatka

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!