“Great Price Lots to Offer”

Sleep Inn & Suites Palatka
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Palatka
Reviewed 2 October 2013

For a budget hotel this place is wonderful. The rooms are large, the beds are comfortable, breakfast is included and so are the Otis Spunkmeyer cookies. The room has coffee, a microwave and a micro fridge. There is even a pool. The staff is wonderful and accommodating. We knew we would be out late and jokingly asked the night clerk to save us some cookies and much to our surprise she did. The only down side is the walls are a bit thin. But the price more than made up for that. We did not plan to sleep in. So hearing the others waking up did not bother us too much.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Corrine J, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Palatka, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We appreciate your dedication and loyalty to the Choice Family! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Worst experience ever. Refrigerator did not work and could not be replaced. Room Telephones did not work. No discount to bill was offered.
Do yourself a favor and stay away. Never again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay at the Holiday Inn Express!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Corrine J, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Palatka, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

I am writing in response to your review you had posted and I do apologize first and foremost that your experience at our hotel was less than you expected. Our goal is to ensure every guest has a great experience while visiting us and if a problem arises we have the opportunity to make it right. I would like the opportunity to speak with you directly and make it right. We value everyone's business and their choice to stay with us for their lodging needs in Palatka. Unfortunately I do need additional information in order to research your stay more and have the chance to address the errors with my staff. We use all the feedback we receive as training tools to ensure things like this do not happen again. If you could please contact me directly at 386-325-8889 or by email I would love the opportunity to speak with you.

Again I apologize for any problems you had during your stay here and I hope to speak to you in the near future.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We rented several rooms and a conference room for our business trip. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The hotel staff went over and beyond to make our stay comfortable, including equipping our conference room with microwave and refrigerator to meet our needs. They set up additional tables and chairs, made additional space available when we had to meet with clients and were very attentive to our needs. We will definitely stay with them again on our next trip to Palatka.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Corrine J, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Palatka, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

April,

We appreciate your feedback. I am so glad to see my staff went above and beyond to help your group out. This is the way the Sleep Inn of Palatka shines; service! We look forward to seeing your group again in the future. Please do not hesitate to call if you need anything in the future.

Best Regards,
Corrine Johnson, CHA

Reviewed 29 August 2013

The staff were very courteous and helpful. I arrived early and they were very accommodating letting me check in a bit early so I could get to meetings I had that afternoon. The room was clean and the amenities were very good. The air conditioning worked well and I have no problems with the internet. The grounds were clean and overall the stay was very enjoyable. I had been in New Orleans earlier in the week and was somewhat exhausted but the stay here helped relieve the tiredness and I was able to hold the meetings I was involved in and felt good afterwards.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Corrine J, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Palatka, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete review our hotel online regarding your recent stay with us.

Corrine Johnson, CHA
Sleep Inn & Suites
386-325-8889

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Check-in was fast, front desk employees were helpful and knowledgeable about the area. Breakfast had hot food and a large selection of healthier choices. Bed was comfortable, shower and a/c were fantastic. We had issues with the tv and maintenance arrived quickly to fix it. We stayed 3 nights and no problems. Loved the fact they had walk in showers instead of tub showers. Had friends that booked at the same time and bragged how good everything was.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2013

My husband and I stayed in 12 different motels over a two week period. This was definitely number one! The staff was warm, friendly, helpful, and accommodating. Others apparently had the same opinion as they were coming in from the coast to stay here. There had been a bikers convention in Daytona Beach. Quite a few came from there to stay here. The price was surprisingly inexpensive. The beds were very comfortable; supportive but not hard. The breakfast had a very wide variety of everything you can imagine for a good breakfast. We were so surprised. So much for so little. This place will be full every night if they keep up the good work. Clean and well kept!

Room Tip: Can't go wrong here!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Spurr of the moment decision to go to St. Augustine from Miami on good friday arrived about 7 pm and all hotels in St. Augustine were taken and those available were about $200 and up. So we called expedia and they found us this hotel with better reviews than others and to our surprise after 30 minute drive from I-95 it was bettter than expected. The front desk clerk was very attentive and nice. The hallways could use some cleaning and deodorizing ( smelled like cigarette smoke.)

But our smoke-free room was clean and the bathroom nicely updated and no smell. The carpet could use a cleaning. The pillows were small but ok. The breakfast was a very nice surprise with hot scramble eggs and sausage patties. Choices of cereal and breads with different types of spreads. Several choices of juices and the coffee was very good.

We would have stayed a second night if we decided to stay on but we decided to go back earlier. I recommend this hotel if you are passing by but it is further from I-95 than expected. Hope this review helps.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palatka
Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront
#46 of 78 in St. Augustine
Wingate by Wyndham St Augustine
Wingate by Wyndham St Augustine
#23 of 78 in St. Augustine

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Palatka? Share your experiences!