“Returning home”

GreenLeadersGold level
Brockville, Canada
“Returning home”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This Holiday Inn was very similar to others except for the first time ever it only had a shower.
The hotel was clean and service good. Only complaint was the food at breakfast had a very preserved taste.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sansail
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Palm Bay, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear Sansail,

Thanks for taking the time to contribute your feedback, we are always eager to find out our guests opinion. I am sorry the food served fell below your expectations. We will ensure this feedback is passed on to the relevant department for improvements. I hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Carmel, New York
Reviewed 6 January 2013

This property seemed to be very well managed, and run by competent and pleasant people. The "King Suite" has a king bed, a pull out couch, better than average lighting, a desk big enough for my large laptop and papers and misc stuff, a wired internet connection at the desk, a better than average strength hotel wireless signal, drapes that do almost entirely pull closed at night, and a slightly better than usual breakfast buffet.

A few pleasant notes about my stay:

I had trouble getting the wired connection working and thought my cable might be bad. The front desk loaned me an ethernet cable; they were readily available.

The first night when we arrived, at about 10:00 p.m., we had not had any dinner, and lunch was long ago, a packed sandwich on an airplane. So we were hungry and ordered takeout from the local Chinese place. It arrived without any plastic forks/knifes/spoons. I want down to the front desk and asked if there was any way she could help. Even though she seemed to be the only one there, she unlocked the supplies from drawers and the kitchen and got me what we needed to eat.

The woman running the breakfast buffet, who has probably never received a tip in her life, seemed to work very hard at keeping things full and meeting guests needs. I hardly ever want to eat the scrambled eggs in a hotel buffet (usually overcooked, and then having lost any other good properties by sitting out). But these eggs actually tasted pretty good to me. There were also hard boiled eggs, a nice alternative. When the tea machine didn't work, she quickly came out and filled it and made sure I was taken care of.

The parking lot rarely seemed crowded, and there were plenty of spaces near the front door. There was a good spot for unloading and dealing with a handicapped family member's walker exiting the car (no curb in the way).

A few minor inconveniences: the soda/water machine was out of service on our floor for about three days. There is one elevator, fairly small and a little slow, and it makes annoying loud beep sounds..

Hotel costs rarely seem like a bargain to me, but this one did. My wife informs me that the king suite rate was $89 a day.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank gmpooin
Townsend, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 January 2013

This is my six time to stay here and each time has been very peasant . They have accommodated my family and our dog each time. The manager PK is extremely helpful and will try to accommodate in any way he can. I would also encourage travelers to join the Hoilday Inn Priority Club.

Room Tip: If traveling with a pet ask for room 101, it is a handicap room so large and is located next to an o...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank sheffie1304
Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Make a U-turn if you have to, to actually work your way onto the hard-to-see access driveway for this Holiday Inn Express, but you'll be glad for the effort. From the easy check in with helpful and amiable Holly, to the piles of towels and super clean room and bathroom, to Holly finding plastic cutlery and napkins for me when I realized my BBQ take-out didn't come with any, this was a pleasant surprise all around. A huge stand-up shower, no tub, which I love. I'm sorry I didn't need the microwave, but the mini-fridge came in handy. And complimentary in-room wifi is ALWAYS a plus. If I ever do have to return to Palm Bay, I can easily see returning to this hotel as well. Right off of 95, it's convenient to just about anything and anyplace you might need to get to in Brevard County. Lots of restaurants close by, and a Dollar Theatre just down the road as well. Oh, and how can I forget, the complimentary breakfast bar. They have this crazy make-your-own pancake machine, I've never seen anything like it. You hit a button, and a minute later your pancake slides out the side conveyor belt and onto your plate. Very tasty. And very impressive. :-)

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Christine C
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 15 November 2012

I stayed three nights at the Holiday Inn Express in Palm Bay. The hotel is relatively new, with decent rooms. I thought the gym was quite good, with weight machines, treadmills, and a bike. The best part was the price: the rate averaged about $82 per night for my long weekend stay. Conveniently located for a visit to Palm Bay, although you can't turn left out of the driveway from the hotel. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Midwest
Reviewed 20 October 2012

This was an impromptu stay. We didn't have the time to check the ratings ahead of time (as we like to do before booking - thanks to TripAdvisor). The front desk staff (Tiffany) was very accomodating to our last minute reservation. The room price was very reasonable as well.

Funny, looking at the reviews after the fact, it seems as though others experience with Tiffany was just as ours was.

The room for this Holiday Express was modern. Flat screen TV, comfortable bed, and a shower (no bathtub).

The only thing that we can say was that room, while very modern, and having all of the great attributes for providing a good night's sleep, the room did let in sounds from adjacent rooms/hallway. Nothing that was a dealbreaker though. We're definitely going to keep this location as a place we'd feel comfortable staying at again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank FiveTravFromMi
Sanford, Florida
Reviewed 20 October 2012

We had actually checked into another hotel in Palm Bay where we had previously stayed several years ago...however, THAT room had a very musty smell and property was showing it's age...after calling this HIE and finding out we could get a SUITE for less than what the first hotel was charging us for a rather small room, we moved. Holly was awesome and accommodating when checking us in, and we were very impressed with the setting (away from the road) as well as the appearance and comfort of our room and entire hotel. Everyone was very pleasant and we will definitely choose this HIE when returning to Palm Bay to visit friends. The ONLY concern/complaint I might have would be to agree with another poster about the shower water temperature...it never got as hot as I like it, and I had it on the highest setting.

Room Tip: If you can get a suite like we did, you have plenty of room...though the regular rooms appear fairly...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Tropical Inn Palm Bay
Tropical Inn Palm Bay
#5 of 5 in Palm Bay
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Palm Bay? Share your experiences!