“Liars and cheats”

Tropical Inn Palm Bay
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Palm Bay
Reviewed 16 October 2013

First of all, this place is in no way a "resort". Dirty rooms with box springs as mattresses. Secondly, They charged me after I checked out saying I was smoking in the room and left burn holes in the carpet. I DONT SMOKE!!! I HAD NO ONE ELSE IN THE ROOM. THE BURN HOLES WERE ALREADY THERE.. I tried to talk with manager and they said it was me. They are liars, cheats and scammers. Good thing discover took care of me and did a charge back. Do NOT STAY HERE. HORRIBLE PLACE!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Randy G

Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

I was staying here for work and was quickly moved. Its cheap the people in the office are rude. My ac went out in the middle of the night the office is closed from 10pm to 7am. Breakfast is never on time, the cleaning ppl do not leave supplies if you have any other bathing products, the rehab rooms are in the back part, drug attics walk around all night, rooms have bugs, etc. The room next to me has the keypad half in the door and the door to the other room does not shut nor lock. I slept with the lightjon every night if I did sleep. Made my trip horrible. Do not stay here. .

• Stayed: September 2013
9  Thank b32841
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Booked 3 rooms for a week. when we got there you have to sign the normal no smoking in the room paper, that's fine. You also have to sing a paper that stated no achohol on the premises or in your room. We tried to cancel the rooms to move to a real resort and you have to cancel 24 hrs in advance..This hotel is also a rehab facality and hosted nightly
meetings as well as having lots of rooms booked with creepy rehab people.. They need to advertise no achohol and that it doubles as a rehab..on another note I was woken by a guy standing in my room I yelled he ran off. This place is clean but creepy as it gets. Stay at a real resort were you can drink at the pool of at least in your room...WOW

• Stayed: August 2013
9  Thank Mrpollockfising
Reviewed 18 July 2013

stayed for week and they lost my drivers licence in less than 1 minute after making copy.went back for it a few days later and they said they sent it to me. been two weeks and nothing.i can't get a room without it. so i am on the streets.cant cash a check ,can't return items to walmart.drunks hanging out begging for beer.prostitutes in and out.will call police to remove you if your honest.hard working or they dont want you..a bunch of losers.real nice to you and wait to screw you out of a dime.

Room Tip: don't stop
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
8  Thank richard s
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I booked this hotel for Memorial Day weekend trip. The night before departure, I received a urgent email & phone call from the online agents regarding our trip. I was informed that Tropical Inn Resort did not update their inventory in result they overbooked reservations. I was very disappointed but the Expedia rep found a WONDERFUL hotel on the beach. Though the rate was a lot more, I didn't have to pay additional & she refunded me some money. After passing by this hotel on the way to the oceanfront hotel, I am sooo happy they overbooked the reservations.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank H M
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Stayed here three years ago and it was a great place so decided to stay here again. After I had signed in the girl at the desk decides to tell me that this hotel has been changed into a "SOBER :LIVING FACILITY" and there was no alcohol allowed any where on the premises. When you read about this hotel it advertises that it has bar in the lobby. Their advertising is not up to date. Then I go to the pool and there are NO lounge chairs only regular chairs. I asked if maybe they might have some but maybe hadn't put them out and the girl says:" oh they must have gotten broken". What? Broken by who or what?
When I called Expedia to see if I could change my hotel there was a huge fee and it wasn't worth it, Everyday the only people I saw were the counselors and the sober living residents. And their continental breakfast was a joke. They never put fresh fruit out I was there for four days and the same three shriveled up tangerines were still there, I was there on a very stressful family matter by myself and I didn't need this added stress.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Kathi53
Reviewed 20 March 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Rocky0069
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Days Inn Melbourne
Days Inn Melbourne
#13 of 22 in Melbourne

Been to Tropical Inn Palm Bay? Share your experiences!