“Excellent boutique hotel - many nice touches”
Review of Colony Hotel

Colony Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
Reviewed 22 January 2014

This is the second time I've stayed at the Colony and I am always impressed by the quality of service. It's hard to single people out but the Front desk were most accommodating, the breakfast staff were charming and attentive, the coffee was top notch and the orange juice was freshly squeezed. The rooms were quiet and comfortable. I thought it was a nuisance that there was no ice machine on any of the floors, but the bar staff were only too happy to supply some to the room. I had to host a couple of business lunches and the food and service was nothing short of excellent.
I genuinely look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 8Leslie_v8

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Although the hotel is old and the bath rooms are not contemporary, they have been somewhat updated. The hotel is a wonderful place to relax and be away from the hustle and bustle of a large hotel. The staff id so attentive to every detail, they bend over backwards to make you feel comfortable and cared for. love it!

Room Tip: try and get a room away from the elevators. You can hear them all night in room 333
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MyrnaMary
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We attended a dinner and cabaret featuring Michel Bell & Catherine Matejka the day after Thanksgiving. The dinner and service were excellent and the wine list was exceptional. The show was very good with a wide variety of music and Michel was great at telling little stories to introduce each song. I do think that the use of the microphone was not needed because of the size of the room and because of Michel's booming voice. I would definitely return to this venue for another show.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Things were a little rocky at check in when there was initial confusion over who would help us and we got a room overlooking an ugly rooftop although the hotel did not appear to be booked. But, things vastly improved from there.

The bell staff and concierge were very helpful and we eventually got a lovely room on the 5th floor. You might want to request one here if they're available since they've been remodeled and the results are breathtaking. The decor...drapes, bedspreads, etc. appear to be custom as I looked to find a lable so I could buy them myself but there were none!

The waitress and bar tenders also get high marks and the breakfast was very good. The silver coffee pot was a nice touch and I think the OJ was fresh squeezed. Wine list also excellent and fairly affordable.

I've seen complaints here about the service being spotty...but, this is a town where very few of the actual residents have to work for a living. I imagine it's difficult to find good people who will stay!

We would definitely stay here again and we're looking forward to next year!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donna S
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I recently hosted a breakfast at Polo Steak & Seafood for a group of 8 people in honor of a dear friend who was getting married. The food was fine and they seated us in the Palm Court, which was very nice. Unfortunately, after we left I reviewed my bill and realized I was over charged by a little over $100. After bringing it to the attention of the restaurant manager that very same day, it is now five days later and I have yet to receive the credit. I have been given the run-around day after day, each day being promised the credit will be issued “today”. I am very disappointed not only in the way I have been treated but the lack of professionalism in what I thought was a top notch establishment. I will not be returning to Polo Steak & Seafood anytime in the near future.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank 19Rock80
Reviewed 4 November 2013

excellent location, service warm and friendly, however we recently spent a 3 day weekend at the Colony and very loud construction was going on all day including Saturday. No apologies were made and there had been no disclosure of this at the time of booking. All other hotels were sold out so moving to a quieter hotel was not an option. Several other guests were bothered. The mattresses are "tired" and should be replaced, very uncomfortable with no support. Our bathroom had several broken but easily fixed issues. It just seems like this could be such a great hotel however there is a total lack of attention to detail. Don't know if I would stay here again but hope that the management steps it up a bit.

Room Tip: ask first about construction as we were on the 2nd floor and could hear the 5th floor construction v...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Karen K, Guest Relations Manager at Colony Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

I'm so sorry you were'nt told about the construction while making your reservation. It has been completed and we are opening a brand new floor complete with totally remodeled bathrooms with glassed in showers. All rooms are done by Carlton Varney, our designer, and are magnificent! Mattresses are being replaced with new pillow top ones that you will dream the night away in. Hopefully you will return soon and enjoy the true beauty and elegance of this Palm Beach Boutique Hotel.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Spent 4th of July family holiday here. Hotel location is fantastic. Walking distance to the beach and the high-end shopping on Worth Ave is right around the corner from the hotel. We experienced really good service in the hotel. The concierge/bellmen were quick with the valet parking and gave us towels, chairs and umbrellas for the beach.

The pool is quaint in size and 10-12 lounge chairs line the small deck area. We were there during off-season and pretty much had the pool to ourselves. If it were high-season I imagine the pool and deck area could fill up quickly.

Breakfasts were included with our rate. The Polo restaurant does english and american breakfasts well.

We had a room with two double beds. The rooms are small and the decor is outdated, but we had an ocean view. The walls in this old hotel are thin and we could easily hear normal conversation from the room next door. As long as your neighbors go to bed at a reasonable hour this is not really an issue.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1 mi away
The Breakers
The Breakers
#2 of 10 in Palm Beach

Been to Colony Hotel? Share your experiences!