“Fantastic Stay at The Colony!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Colony Hotel

Colony Hotel
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
Vero Beach
“Fantastic Stay at The Colony!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2009

One word- fantastic! My stay at The Colony Hotel was the highlight of my summer vacation. I have traveled all over the world but always look forward to staying at this boutique hotel. From the moment I entered the front door, I was greeted by warm smiles and every Colony employee showed me kindness and made me feel at home. After checking into my British ColoniaI styled room I did not have to travel far to find a superb martini and one of the most amazing dry aged steaks. Yet again, the waiters and bartenders were wonderful. The next day I headed to the pool where I was surrounded by a beautiful courtyard with amazing landscape and it is a place where I found serenity. Most importantly I was just steps away from Worth Avenue with all of it's lust and excitement. I feel as if The Colony is my little secret that I am sharing with you, enjoy!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KJK583

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Tallahassee, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2009

My husband and I went for the weekend on a whim. We had a wonderful time dancing the night away to Motown music and working off the fabulous dinner we enjoyed out by the pool. The hotel is charming and boutique - but that promises you a quiet weekend of pure relaxation. Though its only 90 minutes away from home for us, we felt like we were on another planet. Even the lizards are different. The cleanliness was superb, and it always gives me a good feeling when I see maid service wiping down remote controls and door knobs. The beds were delicious and gave us the best sleep. Only complaint was that we had to leave. I could have used another few days.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2009

This is a great hotel. Kim at the front desk staff was exceptional -- very pleasant and accommodating. We had a very nice room with perhaps the best beds I've ever slept in. The rooms and bathrooms are small but immaculate and housekeeping is very good. Breakfast by the pool was very relaxing and the wait staff were great. You can't beat this hotel's location to the beaches, Worth Ave. and the Lake Trail. I would recommend this property to any couple looking for a quiet getaway. I don't think this hotel is for children, though.

• Liked — Very nice staff at the hotel
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank SBrantley
michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2009

Nicely kept, old hotel in downtown Palm Beach. Our room is smallish but decently appointed in Early American or something like that. The room was quiet until the hotel filled with guests. I heard high heels above me, men's voices and an orgasmic shout; yuk. Housekeeping leaves something to be desired in its expertise and timeliness, both of which are wanting, and the reception desk staff has an attitude.

The room rate was reduced to $300/day, down from $450. It's not worth the former, much less the latter. This is our first visit to Palm Beach, Florida. The weather has been decent but not great, and much better than Michigan; don't count on great weather down here if you're running away from blizzards. The food in PB restaurants has been very good, with kudos to Trevini, Italian food like in Tuscany, no kidding. L' Europe was very good, too. Their service was european in style and well done.

OK, if you've never been to PB, you are in for seeing a lot of designer brand lifestyles, tons of money being flaunted around and a community geared for that kind of stuff. I walked into the Tourneau watch store on Worth Ave (like Madison Ave in NY) and was pleasantly surprised to find two salespeople completely ignorant of their products. So, I walked out after telling the salesman I was leaving. He said, "Really"? Yeah, tomorrow we're gone from here. If you like the ocean, this place, Palm Beach, is on it, on an island connected to mainland by several bridges.

Regards Leachim7

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank leachim7
Croatia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2008

I am most grateful to all the staff for a trully relaxing, pleasurable and memorable vacation at the Colony Palm Beach! Marvelous hotel, superb staff and incredible service! It was particularly nice for me to meet a lot of new people in such friendly and hospitable surroundings.
Thank you all the Colony staff most warmly for such a pleasant time, and my best wishes to All of You!

• Liked — everything
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jensen Beach, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2008

Went for 44th anniversary. Learned about the Colony from friends that stayed there and were satisfied. Booked special two-nite stay ($500) which included dinner, cabaret show, breakfast, parking and $30 coupons for drinks, etc.. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Restaurant and bar had spotless silverware, glasses etc., Decor very nice. Beds extremely comfortable, rooms were clean and quiet.

Not a fan of cabaret, however the show was very good. Glad we went to the show. Bar scene (after the show) was active, live band and dancing, bartenders very friendly, knowledgeable and professional, serving top quality wine, champagne and spirits. Valet service was quick, accomodating and friendly.

Location was excellent, walking distance to shopping, restaurants, golf club, ocean.

Will go back again and recommend to friends.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sharon-Bob
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2008

My husband and I decided that we needed a relaxing weekend together, so we decided to drive to The Colony Hotel. Everyone there was very friendly, and we especially enjoyed the dancing on Friday night. They had an incredible band that played motown music, which brought back great memories !!!! The food in their restaurant was excellent---with very attentive service. The next morning we strolled on the beach ---a much needed vacation !!!
We can't wait to go back again !!!

• Liked — motown dancing and food
  • Disliked — having to leave!!!!
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
Bradley Park Hotel
Bradley Park Hotel
#9 of 10 in Palm Beach
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Down...
#9 of 34 in West Palm Beach
The Breakers
The Breakers
#2 of 10 in Palm Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,133 reviews

Been to Colony Hotel? Share your experiences!