See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 June 2006

Not exactly what we expected, but the service and friendly faces were a plus. The rooms and the condition of the building itself were not in tip top shape. If I had known I wouldn't have booked it for so much. I think it's a great place to stay, but for the moeny, I would rather stay elsewhere.

Location: great
Rooms: Average
Staff: Pretty good.
Services: Average

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank KimK244
Reviewed 2 June 2006

First things first, they need a facelift. This building looks like it haden't been touched in 30 years. For the location, you would think that they'd be more presentable. Not at all what they described when I went to book. This hotel is tired and needs to close. I am shocked at what Palm Beaches standards have dropped to. View the property BEFORE you plan your trip there. Thank god the Four Seasons was near by.

• Stayed: May 2006
2  Thank Ambassador22846
Reviewed 6 April 2006

Just got back. The Ambassador is a charming residential apartment hotel. All the apartments are owned by individual shareholders and each is decorated to personal taste. Some apartments are recently decorator-updated and others are shabby chic. We love the friendly staff, I had a nice haircut in the hair salon and took a great private session in the pilates studio. My husband had a fabulous massage in the spa and we enjoyed looking at the orchids in the plant shop. The family enjoyed eating at the casual restaurant overlooking the pool. The Town of Palm Beach just finished renourishing the beach and it now extends over 200 feet into the ocean and takes our breath away, our kids loved the sand. I loved the convenience of being only 4 buildings away from the Four Seasons allowing us to walk over and have lunch there. We stayed in a great 2 bedroom with a terrace over-looking the beach, our friends stayed in a 1 bedroom overlooking the pool, both apts. were very comfortable. Our family will return again. Be sure to ask about the individual apts; I am not telling my favorite!

Stayed: March 2006
5  Thank PPBNewYork_NY
Reviewed 17 January 2006

I just returned from a week at The Ambassador in Palm Beach. This is my first time staying there. I was pleasantly surprised at how well maintained the hotel was for a facility almost 60 years old. Since each hotel unit is privately owned, the decor varies and is not consistent. However, I stayed in Room 512 and found it tastelfully appointed and had a beautiful view of the blue Atlantic Ocean. I found hotel staff to be extremely helpful and enjoyed the complimentary valet parking.

The restaurant, The Wild Orchid, served breakfast, lunch and dinner. I found the menu to be inspired and the food to be well prepared.

The location of The Ambassador is ideal for anyone looking for a relaxful beachfront vacation or extended holiday. Only minutes from downtown Lake Worth with many restuarants and only about 10 minutes from Worth Avenue where shopping is at its best!

I plan to return in April for another week of relaxation.

• Stayed: January 2006
9  Thank Expedition19403
Reviewed 31 December 2005

A luxurious and exclusive oceanfront retreat for more than 50 years, The Ambassador is a relaxing and very hospitable experience as what you would expect from Palm Beach....A full accommodation hotel including,spa,beauty salon,dining room and lounge, room service,valet, and many other services not found at many hotels today....The entire staff, Board of Directors, management, maintenance, valets, etc are all "first class" people, striving to give you the best time ever during your stay....Owning several residences,(many in Palm Beach, including here at the Ambassador), I have found that its a FIRST CLASS hotel consistent to what Palm Beach has set as a standard of highest quality!!!!!ED THE PALMBEACHER

• Stayed: December 2005, travelled on business