See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 March 2016 via mobile

Traveling to the Ambassador for our virgin stay and also with our 10-month old baby for the first time, we were net quite sure what to expect, to say it lightly. We have family in the area who gave us the idea to stay on the ocean with spacious room that provided a kitchenette to assist us with our baby suites. In those respects, the Ambassador did not disappoint. From the moment we checked in, the valet guy helped us with all our luggage and parked our car. For the rest of the week we handled the car in our own, it was a short walk from lobby to car. The rooms are obviously a little old, this hotel was built in 1947, one of the first on this gorgeous strip of real estate. We loved our time by the pool and even had our baby in the water with his little float. The winds were gusting all week we were there but because the pool is on the west side of hotel, the winds are mostly blocked. We met some great pool in the pool area who both rent and own condos, studios etc. as for the restaurant there we did lunch by the pool two days and dinner two nights, both take in and poolside with family. We loved the soups, the rest of the menu all fine. The chef is from Grammercy Park in NYC, so no need to worry about this eatery. We did am walks in the ocean, if wind was lighter may have spent more time in ocean. There is a big environmental project moving South along the beach so late March may be a tough time so enjoy that layout, FYI. We didn't have much contact with the staff, but everyone seemed nice and greeted you in passing, etc. We would definitely consider staying here again. The location is fabulous, wish a great cup of Dunkin was closer (we walked to the 4 Seasons for coffee most morning, it's free!!), the guests are friendly, and if you are looking for something modern that this hotel is not for you. We didn't mind the historic feel, since we vacation in Saratoga and stay at the Gideon Putman, very similar in ways.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2016

Pros: Clean, well cared for, older property on the beach.
If that's all you're looking for, you can't beat it.
Heated pool is protected from the wind and was fine even when cold by Florida standards.
Staff is excellent. Didn't try the restaurant so can't comment.
Stayed in a studio apartment and had wonderful, home-made breakfasts on the deck almost every day.
Cons: Our "King" bed was two doubles together that tended to separate. AT&T Cell service was okay for phone, but weak on data and I usually use that as a mobile hotspot so I had connectivity problems. There is wifi in many of the public areas if you're okay with that. Many of the individual studios (privately owned) do have their own WIFI available, so if that's important to you, ask first. It wasn't a deal breaker for me, but I would have planned a little differently if I knew I couldn't get some work done from my room.

Room Tip: See my description about wifi
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank RiverRoadRider
Reviewed 2 February 2016

I had a family event where 22 people were getting together in Palm Beach at the same time and we put them up at the Ambassador Hotel which is on the beach on South Ocean Blvd Palm Beach. We were concerned as all the accommodations vary since they are all privately owned and decorated in very different ways. Some were more up to date than others, but all were clean varying from stunning to funky, but more than adequate! The staff at the Ambassador couldn't be nicer or more accommodating and made everyone's stay as pleasant as possible. I would highly recommend this as a great spot on the beach and a very good value. They also have a restaurant, beauty parlor and spa on the premises.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2015

We came down to visit my brother-in-law for 8 days. We chose the Ambassador because it's on the ocean side and across the street from my brother-in-law's place. Chose a studio apartment because of the amenities. the studio apartments were recently renovated with hurricane glass patio doors, newly renovated balcony glass railings so you get unobstructed views. It was wonderful. A full kitchen with dishwasher. A king bed and a sofa bed if needed. Plenty of closet space because of the fully organized walk-in closet. Newly renovated kitchen with round kitchen table and 4 chairs. The bathroom was also newly renovated and plenty of towels and soap. Housekeeping serviced daily. These units are privately owned and in a rental pool...so each hotel room or studio apartment or 2/3 bedroom rentals will be different. Great sliding doors to a wonderful patio with the ocean and intracoastal views...including view of the retro pool deck. Very clean pool area....with beach/pool towels for guests...water cooler and a restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating. Restaurant was reasonably priced and delicious. They serve lunch/dinner and I would recommend it if you are too tired to venture out after a day in the sun. The beach is fabulously quiet with cabanas and chaise loungers with mats for the quests. Not a typical hotel but they have valet partking, pilates classes, gym, a quaint little shop and a salon (hair/mani/pedi). I made use of the salon two times during my visit. They are closed on Sundays and Mondays. Beautifully maintained gardens, parking is outdoors, and the staff are very friendly. It's a different type of hotel....because some of the guests are owners enjoying the facilities and others are renters like us. Loved the family oriented environment....they even had pool floats and pool noodles...a lot of places don't allow these things in their pools. Pet friendly hotel...so we got to enjoy other peoples friendly pets. I would definitely return to this hotel at a 1/3 of what you could pay at the four seasons just down a few feet. If you want quiet and comfortable this is the place to be.

Room Tip: Building with Studio apartments is newly renovated
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
6  Thank FraHar
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Visited with my wife and kids during February vacation. My brother-in-law and his family were staying at the Four Seasons, 1000 feet down the beach, at the same time. Both places were good, but our beach was far less used and much more private. We all spent most of our time at the Ambassador's beach or pool. The pool at the Ambassador was more than twice as big and far less crowded. We could order beverages from the hotel bar right at an outside window at the pool. The restaurant was really good and reasonably priced, and the grand old building (late 1940's) was well maintained and the staff was super attentive to our needs. The housekeeping personnel were friendly and pleasant and the two bedroom apartment we were in felt more like a home than a hotel. Three TV's and a full kitchen so we didn't have to eat every meal out.

It's a private, quiet place, so if you're into people watching, this isn't where you want to be. Small but well equipped gym and different spa services right there. Plenty of free Wifi signal throughout the building.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family