The Colony Hotel(Palm Beach)
US$251
US$175
Official Website
  • Pool
Bradley Park Hotel(Palm Beach)
US$128
  • Restaurant
The Brazilian Court Hotel(Palm Beach)
US$270
US$216
US$181
  • Pool
Tideline Ocean Resort & Spa(Palm Beach)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
Fairfield Inn & Suites Palm Beach(Palm Beach)(Great Value!)
US$125
Fairfield Inn
US$209
US$178
Chesterfield
Palm Beach Historic Inn(Palm Beach)(Great Value!)
US$130
  • Breakfast included
The Breakers(Palm Beach)
US$655
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach(Palm Beach)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 April 2006

Just got back. The Ambassador is a charming residential apartment hotel. All the apartments are owned by individual shareholders and each is decorated to personal taste. Some apartments are recently decorator-updated and others are shabby chic. We love the friendly staff, I had a nice haircut in the hair salon and took a great private session in the pilates studio. My husband had a fabulous massage in the spa and we enjoyed looking at the orchids in the plant shop. The family enjoyed eating at the casual restaurant overlooking the pool. The Town of Palm Beach just finished renourishing the beach and it now extends over 200 feet into the ocean and takes our breath away, our kids loved the sand. I loved the convenience of being only 4 buildings away from the Four Seasons allowing us to walk over and have lunch there. We stayed in a great 2 bedroom with a terrace over-looking the beach, our friends stayed in a 1 bedroom overlooking the pool, both apts. were very comfortable. Our family will return again. Be sure to ask about the individual apts; I am not telling my favorite!

Stayed: March 2006
5  Thank PPBNewYork_NY
Piscataway, NJ
Reviewed 17 January 2006

I just returned from a week at The Ambassador in Palm Beach. This is my first time staying there. I was pleasantly surprised at how well maintained the hotel was for a facility almost 60 years old. Since each hotel unit is privately owned, the decor varies and is not consistent. However, I stayed in Room 512 and found it tastelfully appointed and had a beautiful view of the blue Atlantic Ocean. I found hotel staff to be extremely helpful and enjoyed the complimentary valet parking.

The restaurant, The Wild Orchid, served breakfast, lunch and dinner. I found the menu to be inspired and the food to be well prepared.

The location of The Ambassador is ideal for anyone looking for a relaxful beachfront vacation or extended holiday. Only minutes from downtown Lake Worth with many restuarants and only about 10 minutes from Worth Avenue where shopping is at its best!

I plan to return in April for another week of relaxation.

• Stayed: January 2006
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
PALM BEACH FLORIDA
Reviewed 31 December 2005

A luxurious and exclusive oceanfront retreat for more than 50 years, The Ambassador is a relaxing and very hospitable experience as what you would expect from Palm Beach....A full accommodation hotel including,spa,beauty salon,dining room and lounge, room service,valet, and many other services not found at many hotels today....The entire staff, Board of Directors, management, maintenance, valets, etc are all "first class" people, striving to give you the best time ever during your stay....Owning several residences,(many in Palm Beach, including here at the Ambassador), I have found that its a FIRST CLASS hotel consistent to what Palm Beach has set as a standard of highest quality!!!!!ED THE PALMBEACHER

• Stayed: December 2005, travelled on business
18  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
chicago
Reviewed 28 March 2005

Just returned from a stay at the Ambassador. The Ambassador is a residential co op building with limited hotel services. I made a reservation for a large apartment at a reasonable price but I had no idea the condition of the hotel would be so disappointing. Very Very tired, with no love shown on grounds, in hallways, and in the public areas. Our apartment had furnishings so worn you could almost count the many people who had sat on the sofas and chairs over the last 50 years. The carpets were spotted, the apartment had a stale odor, and there were insufficient plugs(some of which didn't work). While we did have a partial ocean view from one bedroom, our view of the parking lot was better. The bathrooms were at least 30 years old. In one bathroom, the toilet was actually in front of the doorway to the shower, making it extremely hazardous to step in and out of the shower. And the shower was so tiny, it was like standing in a cavern. It was clean and tidy but a very sad way to spend a vacation in one of the most beautiful towns in America. The pool area is incredibly unattractive, with no umbrellas to shade one from the Florida sun. The entire property is almost totally bare of landscaping. Management claims that the wind is a problem on the pool deck, hence no umbrellas. What about the other hotels - why are they able to have umbrellas, trees, etc? There are no chairs provided to sit on the beach, which has been impacted by erosion from hurricanes, and the only chairs overlooking the ocean are for rent. There is a young man who manages the chair situation, making sure no one sits on a chaise who hasn't paid the $20.00 per day. When I voiced my disappointment to a gentleman at the desk, he was essentially rude, and told me to take it up with management. He had no interest in my complaints. There were others on the staff that were very pleasant and tried to be welcoming. Depending on what your expectations are, the Ambassador may or may not work for you. However, if you have any expectations of modern, up to date accomodations, some amenities, lovely surroundings with just a hint of luxury and sophistication, this is not the place for you.

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 March 2005

My mother and I just returned from a glorious week staying at the Ambassador Hotel. This is our second year staying at this apartment/hotel complex.

Our 2 bedroom apartment was beautifully furnished with 2 full baths and a terrace overlooking the ocean. It was heaven sitting out there with a drink watching the waves roll in.

The staff at the front desk are extremely helpful as well as the bell captains and maids. The restaurant serves decent, if uninspired food and is convenient if you arrive home and are too tired to go out again.

I heartily recommend this place; it's like having your own place on Ocean Ave. in Palm Beach!

3  Thank firenze27