Not many buildings here in Florida where you can hear and feel the steps and floors creaking as you go. The beautiful old heart pine wood floors go back a long ways in time. This is a quaint, little inn, totally the opposite of what most people probably stay in while traveling. This was a 3 day getaway for us working folk from the other coast of Florida. Nothing is slower and more relaxing in Florida than Palm Beach in September/October. The inn is quite small with all rooms upstairs and no elevator so be forewarned. The young ladies working the front desk are extremely helpful and efficient. There is a nice array of nibbles laid out for breakfast in the small lobby area. This is not a big property and there is no eatery on site but there are plenty within a few blocks on the main drag in either direction. Parking is right out front or on two of the adjacent streets. Free overnight but limited to one hour during the day except on Australian which is the next street over. The beach with lifeguard is 1 block east. The beach is spotless and beautiful as is the Atlantic. This is a great getaway for couples. We went through 3 bottles of wine we brought over with us in the 3 nights we were there. There is a liquor store with wine in an adjacent part of the building accessible by walking about 50 feet around the corner of the building so if you forget to bring yours favorites, there is a decent selection nearby. My only complaint is the mattressess and pillows were too soft for my finicky neck and lower back. They were top quality as were all the towels, just too soft for me. That's my problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palm Beach Historic Inn is a 1923 Harvey and Clark, Mediterranean Revival Architecture Historic Landmark building in the heart of downtown Palm Beach FL. Located just footsteps from the Atlantic Ocean, fine dining, and luxury shopping on Worth Avenue. We are a pet friendly facility and accept pets of all sizes! The newly renovated hotel rooms are outfitted with HDTVs and high speed internet access. The hotel offers a light complimentary self-serve continental breakfast featuring locally roasted coffee, juices, toast & bagels, breakfast bars and cereals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Palm Beach Historic Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Beach Historic Hotel Palm Beach
- Palm Beach Historic Inn Florida