“Terrible place!”

Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
FLORIDA
“Terrible place!”
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

This place is dirty, the walls are crumbling down, the floors are slippery. The pictures on their website are old and depict the place shortly after their last remodeling, which was probably 20 years ago. The windows don't lock and the doors are not secure. Not gonna see us again!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank AmericanEagleFL

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This motel does not look like any photos posted on their website or on Expedia. I booked 2 nights here. I didn't stay. I couldn't. I was given an old-fashioned key for the room. I entered and yes it was old. I locked the door behind me and locked the deadbolt. There were no curtains on the windows and the wooden blind was broken. (The windows were darkened on the outside.) I looked into the bathroom and there was urine in the toilet. The room had 2 beds, tile floor, and no cabinets. I immediately decided to not stay because I did not feel comfortable and I definitely did not feel safe. The door did not lock behind me. I had to use the key to lock the door. I just couldn't stay here. I wish now I would have taken photos but I just wanted to get out of there.

Room Tip: Read every review before deciding if it is for you.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Turtlegirl2013

Travellers are raving about these Palm Beach hotels

Florida
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This is a literally crumbling old style motel. The rooms are not beachside. The pool and tiny bar/grill are perched overlooking the beach. Picture it in Fort Worth, not Palm Beach. Not at all as advertised. The floors were filthy, towel threadbare, rooms dingy, enough. Stayed only one night because it was too late to change and we were in the middle of nowhere. Don't fall for the good reviews. This is the first time we have been mislead on trip advisor.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank gourmetrose
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We booked through Expedia in Oct 2013. The information stated free WIFI in rooms, free parking, free continental breakfast and coffee maker in the room. When we arrived we were told that breakfast was not included, so I went to check my confirmation, however the WIFI didn't work! Went to the restaurant where WIFI did work, brought up the confirmation and showed it to the clerk who then added us to the breakfast list.
The room (#102):- there were supposed to be two drawers for clothes (in the TV cabinet) however one was completely missing. The mini fridge had a clasp to hold the door shut, was rusty at the base and the freezer was solid with ice that dripped on any fridge contents. There was no hot water (during our two night stay, the water was hot a couple of times, but not during normal showering times). There was no coffee maker. Nothing extra in the room (like bottle-opener, writing materials etc etc). There was free parking! The room and the sheets were clean.
The beach was so-so. The restaurant was expensive for what they offered. The waitress was friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank teepeecanada
Covington, Georgia
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I book a room through Expedia Aug 2012 when we walked into the room there was a overwhelming moldy smell. There was black mold on the ceiling and walls, the furniture and bed was old. There was a big chain on the door and there was a 1/2 space between the door and the door frame. We asked the front desk to see another room and it was a little better but still had mold on the ceiling. As we were walking back to the office there were two other family's complaining about the same thing we were and they left. Since I booked the room on Expedia there gave me a full refund. The only thing that was good about the place the person behind the front desk was great, friendly and very understanding. We booked a room a mile down the road at the Fairfield Marriot hotel was $10.00 cheaper and about 1000 times nicer.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Michael C
kentucky
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The must get rooms are those overlooking the pool, bar and ocean. The food and service at the restaurant was wonderful. The hotel is older and requires updating as many of the other review have indicated. We will stay here again the next time in West Palm Beach.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank tlane1969
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

Well I have to say I'm surprised this place is as nice as it is!
I was expecting a bad, bad spot
After reading the reviews.
It was a little hard to find numbers a little hidden.
I get here and am treated very nicely by the front desk lady. She tells me locks have been fixed, that there is someone in lobby all night police dept across street!
Get to room. Ok it's dated but I was surprised to see granite in bath area. Seems to be generally clean, I wipe down all hotel rooms with Clorox wipes. Went to rest ordered cheeseburger and two miller kites bill 18 and change, was at breakers today paid that for a drink. Nice pool area, pretty cool people population some foreigners some locals all good.
Bottom line it's not $200 a night !
And if your looking to crash at great location on the cheap this place is all that!!!
I didn't take lots of pictures but its nothing like the ones I saw on review, they must have done some fix up.
So I'd say don't be scared go for it.

• Stayed April 2013
#9 of 10 in Palm Beach
Tideline Ocean Resort & Spa
Tideline Ocean Resort & Spa
#6 of 10 in Palm Beach

Been to Palm Beach Oceanfront Inn? Share your experiences!