“Allright!”

Palm Beach Oceanfront Inn
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Inn is under new Management
There is painting and repairs going on
No noise to speak of
Full Breakfast is still included
I like what is going on
I will stay here again
Restaurant overlooks the Ocean and pool

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We checked in and out of this place within 10mins. The room stank of chlorine/bleach. It was cold, falling apart, out-dated. The windows did not lock and this was on the ground floor. The bath was dirty. Plus there were seriously bad vibes coming from the room, if you pick up that sort of thing. There were police everywhere within the vicinity and we saw four car accidents within a 2mi radius.

I've been on a road trip from Boston for the last four days. This would have been my last night in the country. For the last three nights I have stayed in a Hampton Inn or a Hilton Garden, both of which were CHEAPER per night than this dump.

Please note I did not see the pool, bar or ocean front. I don't think anything would have changed my mind about staying. I booked another room at a Hampton Inn on the beach in Fort Lauderdale on the highway from my phone, it was $30 CHEAPER. However, the receptionist was very pleasant and they did not charge us for the night.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Emma C
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I just had my wedding at this location on April 5TH and all I can say is it was better than I ever could expect!!! I can't comment on staying overnight in the rooms because I did not stay over myself, but I did rent (2) rooms to get ready in and we found everything very sufficient and clean for what we needed it for. We had an additional (5) rooms for family that stayed there for the entire weekend. They had mostly good things to say and just very minor glitches, such as a lamp not working, which was just a bulb. You definitely stay here for the beach, restaurant, bar and pool area, which are amazing. I can say that the new manager has made such excellent improvements and is still working diligently in his power to make staying there a better experience. Just give it a little time.

Now, for the wedding part. I made my plans about 2 months ago under different management and there were no improvements planned at that time. As soon as the new manager came on board about 5-6 weeks ago, he started working miracles. Everything had a new coat of paint, new flowers were planted, doors were replaced, the entire upper deck was newly stained, and I felt he listened to everything I had to say. If you haven't been there recently, just try it again.

We had our wedding ceremony on the upper deck above the restaurant and it was so amazing standing there getting married and seeing the ocean and feeling the beautiful breeze. My guests were able to have a beautiful view, as well, while waiting for the ceremony to start. It was just amazing (good weather helped!).

We had the reception downstairs in the restaurant and the staff just made our day. The food was delicious, they maintained the schedule we set ahead of time and they made my husband and I feel so special the entire time. This is an awesome place to hold a special event and very, very reasonably priced. You can NOT beat this location. 75% of our guests came from the northern climate and they just loved being on the beach. We also went down to the beach for photos. Thank You Carrie, Heather, Kim, Guillermo, Martha, John and everyone else who worked their butts off to make my day so tremendously special!!!! I look forward to returning next Sunday afternoon for a Pina Colada and steel drums by the pool!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Older hotel in the process of refurbishing. We had a wedding there and the manager and staff were "over the top" accommodating and always close by to assist. The food was absolutely wonderful, prepared exactly as ordered, and in Palm Beach style.

For a perfect wedding experience as beautiful as ours was, I will overlook the disrepair and hope it is up to par for our next visit.

We will go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been renovated under this management.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Elaine C
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Dirty floor. Phone didn't work. Sign said snack machine but no snack machine. Ice machine appears shared by bar and only scoop (unsanitary). Bathroom door looked like fist had hit it. Free breakfast did not include beverages and when did it open??? So dirty, turned off a/c , pulled covers back up and slept on top of covers. Awakened by someone's voice who was complaining about no phone but assured by someone else they would take them. Huh? Most unpleasant.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The ONLY thing this hotel has going for it is that it is actually on the ocean... other than that not worth the stay. This hotel was built in the 1960's and is definitely showing it's age. Our 'non-smoking' room had cigarette burns on the furniture, no phone installed, out of the 10 or so TV stations half were in Spanish only and the rest would just lose signal and not work. Our one and only trip to the restaurant for our 'free' breakfast was short lived due to the hair found in our scrambled eggs at which point they offered to 'comp' us on the already free breakfast. Our room key stopped working 3 times in 2 days for different reasons and the lobby staff gave us three different reason/excuses each time we asked 'why' this was happening one of which was 'surcharges' they forgot to charge us for at check in. Part of which was for parking in the VERY limited parking area that was also open to the public for the restaurant and bar so if that was full when you returned at the end of the day you had no parking. To finish out our short two-day stay on our morning of checkout there was no hot water for the entire hotel. Also, the pictures they use on their website are misleading as to it's condition today so you can't really go by those when making your choice to stay here. You would be better off staying inland and just driving over to enjoy the beach.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank FLMom1999
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Room 123 plus hotel were disgusting. Repairs required everywhere. Bathroom was filthy, paint splattered everywhere. No hot water. Toilet would run on every 10 minutes. Wire sticking out of old door entry hardware. Broken lights. The bar chairs were filthy, old and unsafe. Found a large dead bug (??) in the morning on the floor. This place needs to be torn down. Health and safety inspectors need a visit there immediately. You can hear all the conversations in the next room very clearly. DO NOT STAY HERE.

It would appear that the owners want to let this place go into disrepair, probably so they can build a new condo and try to make $$$$.

One night cost $169 but was reduced due to complaint. Location was the only good aspect. We only stayed there because we had a last minute family event and all hotels in the area were full. We got the last room they said. That is too bad because it would have been better to sleep in our car.

Sorry for the rant but it was really disgusting.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
#8 of 10 in Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
#3 of 34 in West Palm Beach

Been to Palm Beach Oceanfront Inn? Share your experiences!