“Great Location!!”

Palm Beach Oceanfront Inn
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The experience was pleasant, loved the view, the food was amazingly good (food lover), and the beach was spectacular. The hotel has a lot of potential, much needed renovations, a little bump out because there was no direct beach access, but you can still have access about a 5 min walk. I believe the hotel to be in a great location, it just need a lot that needs to be taken care for. The staff was really nice and attentive, and price wise was a bargain. I don't think you'll find any beach front hotel at such a cheap price. I would definitely come back. (I just hope the beach access will be fix by then)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank GreyLover7852
There are newer reviews for Palm Beach Oceanfront Inn

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I am currently staying at this hotel and it was disappointing from the moment I walked into the office. The lady behind the counter was very helpful and I appreciated her telling me upfront about everything that is wrong. But it was still unacceptable for the establishment to have so many limited things. First she told me that half of the hotel for some reason cannot get wifi, I needed it so she put me in a differernt room. Then she stated that the hotel currently does not have access to the beach. This was my sole reason of choosing this hotel, but luckily I can access the beach from a couple mins down the street. She also took the time to explain to me what was included in my vacation package, again which I really appreciated. They said I have free breakfast but watch what you order because the drinks are sold seperately, (which is stupid), and there are different breakfast meals and you only qualify for one. Not only that but there was a family patiently waiting and there was another employee, which I think was the manager, just standing there. Didn't even acknowledge that they needed to be helped but just kept staring, which is terrible customer service. I finally got to my room which was not as bad as what some other pictures portray but it still wasn't great either. This hotel either needs a huge renovation or just needs to tear it all down and start from scratch. The tv and furniture in the room are extremely out dated and for the way it looked, I could have been paying alot less and been happier at a motel 8. Such disappointment, I decided to check the ocean view at the top of the hill. It was absolutely goregous but the bar could use some sprucing up. The bartender, Kim was very pleasant and tended to all my needs and seems to know her guests very well.

At first I wasn't going to write a review, but I became so angry with the staff, I had to say something and warn people. I went back to the office to ask if there was any type of convinence store near by because I needed some things, like soap, shampoo, etc.. The same employee/ or manager who was staring said no, and didn't even offer to give me any of their complimentary tolietries. But not only that, I couldn't even call the front desk because the rooms have no phones!! I had to walk over to the office a second time to ask where the vending machines were because I needed some water. She informed me that there were no vending machines on site and the restuarant was already closed and there was nothing she could do for me. I am in utter shock that they can even run an establishment like this and to think that I have to be here for another two days is very frustrating. And not only that, I can hear people upstairs walking around, almost sounds like the ceiling is going to fall. Can also hear very clearly the people next door.

The only good in this hotel is the view, but it's useless if you cannot access the beach. I have yet to try their restaurant so I'm hoping that won't be a loss either. It was unfortunate that I did not realize what a terrible mistake I made by picking this hotel. After I had already booked my flight and room was when I saw the reviews on this site. I was hoping it would be better than what other's had described. Guess not.

Oh and i've seen at least 3 roaches crawling around the floor as I was typing this...

Room Tip: Just don't book here.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
8  Thank Faren M
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The location is great, breakfast( included) was very good, food and drinks at bar very good, and hotel price was good( booked on other site). Driving in to the hotel you can see it needs repair. They are in the process of redoing the rooms. We got a bad one at first then changed to a slightly better room. Clean bedding and towels. This will be a true gem once they finish renovations. How does a hotel leave the steps down to the beach broken for three months? The ocean was in front of us and we had to leave the food/bar area walk/ drive to the beach. They said it was for the turtles nesting, however, condos next door had their steps open. Nice area to have a cold drink and look at the ocean. No refrigerator or microwave in rooms. Carpet people there was tile. Staff treated us very good especially in the food area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank happyjimi16
Guillermo O, General Manager at Palm Beach Oceanfront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Happyjimi16, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.
I am happy to hear that you find our hotel’s location to be Excellent and our staff to be friendly. In the other hand I apologize about the stairs being down. We have already started the repairs and hope to have stairs up by the end of this month. Thank you again for your feedback as it will help us improve our property.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I am very surprised that anyone had a anything but great experience. First the price to be right on beach is shockingly cheap. I found the person who reserved and checked us in was very pleasant and worked with us on price since we were staying over a week with a dog. Gave us a deal that was more than nice. The view is breath taking. Breakfast included which was a restaurant quality not to mention available till 11. Room clean. it was nice to smell bleach when walking into bath. only downfall was parking lot flooding when rain was bad but it dried quickly. TWO THUMBS UP. THANKS. GREY & AMANDA GORNDT

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank greyamanda

Dear GreyAmanda,

Thank you for your comments. We take the feedback of our guests very seriously and appreciated the time taken to share this feedback with us. We are pleased that you had a nice experience.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have to start off by saying, Oh my goodness!! This hotel was the WORST hotel I've ever had the displeasure in visiting. First off, the STAFF is VERY unprofessional, especially this lady by the name of Yushi, or Yooshey, or however you say it. She was very rude and disrespectful and let's not forget about Andrea as well. These people possess the most nonchalant attitudes I have ever witnessed in customer service. The room was HORRIBLE! I offered to share the pictures of the room with the Yushi lady, she flat out told me she did NOT want to see them. Like I stated before, she had the nastiest attitude and she went on to tell me that she has been doing this job for 18 years and that she knows what she is talking about and she threatened to call the police on me because I told her she had a "nasty assed attitude"....in those exact words. back to the room.....The shower did not work, the tv only had 8 channels, with 3 of them focusing on religious shows. Bugs crawled under the door all night long. the blinds did not close completely, the furniture was old, sofa had holes in it, the bed had a raunchy smell to it, and had no headboard, the lamp was leaning so much to the side that I thought it would fall over at any given moment, the toilet paper holder could not hold the roll. The entrance to the room was dry rotted with the handle barely hanging on to the door. We realized our keycard did not work, so we pulled the door just to realize that the inside mechanisms did not function at all....we were given a deadbolt key which allowed us to lock the room. We had to literally lift the door up in order for it to close. To make matters worse, it rained and the parking lot was completely covered in water, at least a foot deep. Unless you were lucky enough to park on the hill, you had to swim to get out of your car. Getting back to the customer service portion of this,......When we inquired about another room, we were told they were full and they could not accomodate us. While we were discussing the unfortunate circumstances of our room, a future customer came in to check in. She arrived 45 minutes AFTER her room was suppose to be ready. The front desk person told her that she would just have to wait. I recorded the exchange in disbelief and fortunately for us, this lady cancelled which allowed us to take her room which was a much better room than the one they stuck us in. What's the use in booking a room near the beach when there's NO BEACH ACCESS? In essence, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND MY DOG TO STAY AT THIS HOTEL!! This place is old, falling apart, stink, and it needs major pest control!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Therron K

Hello Therron k, Thank you for staying at our location again. I would like to apologies because you found our hotel not to your standards. All items mention in your review have been discuss with our employees and have been addressed. We hope that in the future you will give our location another try as we acquired the location over a year ago and are in the process of enhancing the hotel & restaurant.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel 2 yrs ago was good..I came back for few days and the standard drop..staff was awesome..nice entertainment at the poolside..beach access was the main reason y I came back..the floor need cleaning more..I like this hotel..I will come back if some upgrading is done and beach access is restored..needs some tlc..meena k

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank MEENA S

Dear Meena, Thank you for your recent feedback about your stay with us. My staff will be delighted to know they could make your stay enjoyable and exceed your expectations. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our entertainment. We do have different events on different nights everything from Karaoke on Tuesday night to Steel Drums poolside on Sundays. Our stairs to the beach are currently being repaired and we hope that it will be completed by the end of August.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This hotel stay was probably the most disgusting room I have ever checked into. Once entering the room it had a musky smell to it. The beds were cheap beds with old quilts. The lamp in the corner would not work and to watch tv you have to get off the bed and walk to tv to change channels. Breakfast is free probably because the restaraunt is being renovated and u sit in a hot box and sweat while u try to eat ur food. Don't waste your money for the $80 I spent could have found something much more comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Melb013

Hello Melb013,Thank you very much for your comments and feedback on your recent stay. We appreciate that you took time out of your day to share your thoughts and experience. We will look into each of your concerns and address with each department head to ensure that items are resolved immediately. As we want to ensure that our guests stays are our number one priority. Thank you again and we hope that you will allow us another opportunity to host you again.