“great public spaces but tired bedrooms”

The Brazilian Court Hotel
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed for 2 nights and the public spaces of the hotel are really lovely - the outdoor courtyard for drinks and meals is beautiful.
the bedrooms on the otherhand are bad - noisy from both the neighbours and outside bin trucks early in the morning, and just generally very tired. The A/C unit was so noisy that it had to be off for any sleep, the room was dark and just nothing compared to the rest of the hotel.
You have daily vouchers for breakfast - kind of a wierd concept in today's modern techno world. It felt cheap. Breakfast was good though with a good service as was dinner.
Would I go back? for dinner only but I would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank manil0u
BrazilianCourtPB, Manager at The Brazilian Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Paranoa,

Thank you for joining us and providing your feedback, We are glad that you enjoyed the public spaces and courtyards. We apologize that your room was not to your liking, I am concerned about the volume of the AC unit as well as the "bin trucks" early in the morning. If you could provide me with more information so that I may address these concerns, I would appreciate it. I apologize that you did not appreciate the form of the breakfast vouchers and I have shared this information with our staff, however I am glad you were able to enjoy your breakfast and dinner. If I can personally ever be of any service to you, do not hesitate to connect with me directly.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Nothing less than a disaster. No hot water. If you want a hot shower, do it before 7 am. Even at 4:30 in the afternoon no hot water. The staff told us we need to shower extremely early or shower before bedtime. No perks for Leading Hotels Of The World. Even checking in, they did not realize we were part of that group. They told us we would receive a gift and it never came. The check-in staff was uncaring, not friendly, and did not pay attention to needs when suggestions were made for the reservation. The room was pretty but only a chair for 2 people, otherwise you have to sit on the bed to watch television or read. Breakfast was a disaster also. We received our breakfast coupons and the lady told us we could only use them for the special that wasn't even on the menu that day. The valet (bell men) were extremely friendly, helpful and always willing to suggest restaurants and places to shop. A plus for them. We sat at the pool for almost an hour one afternoon and not once did anyone ask if we wanted a drink or something to eat. Instead he-they waited on a family of 8 like every 5 minutes. Totally disenchanted with this hotel. The manager sent us a message giving us 1 night free stay there to make it up to us. REALLY? Like I would fly there for one night from St. Louis. Not good relations at all. No thank you...

Room Tip: I do not have any.
2  Thank Missy5163
BrazilianCourtPB, Manager at The Brazilian Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Missy5163,

Thank you for joining us here at The Brazilian Court Hotel during your visit to Palm Beach and taking the time to share your feedback.

Please allow me to apologize for the issues described in your review. I am terribly disappointed that we did not meet your expectations, and can assure that we have every intention on correcting these areas of concern.

Here at the Brazilian Court, we make special efforts to ensure that all of our guests receive any due amenities, definitely including members of Leading Hotels Of The World. It sounds like there was an inadequacy with your reservation if we were unprepared to extend these provisions to you and I will be sure to speak with the reservations department about this.

If it is at all possible for you to contact me directly so that we may discuss your experience in further detail, I would be extremely grateful, as these, like all outstanding guest concerns, need our immediate attention. We appreciate your compliments to the bell staff and I will be sure to pass them along as well.

Furthermore, I apologize that our attempt to offer you compensation was not adequate and I would like to speak with you about resolving this concern as well, As it is our mission to provide top-notch service and never to leave a guest dissatisfied. I am willing to do everything in my power to further accommodate you.

At The Brazilian Court Hotel, we pride ourselves on providing our guests with an exceptional experience and build loyalty for many years to come. Once again, on behalf of all the staff here at the Brazilian Court I want to offer my sincerest apology, and we hope to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

The hotel met our needs for a one nite "staycation" but I would not recommend for a Florida getaway. We we're upgraded to a spacious suite but the decor was very dark and a little worn. The staff was gracious and the location to Worth Ave. is superior to The Breakers.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank charles a

Dear Charles A,

Thank you for joining us and your valuable feedback. While we're happy to have met your needs here at the Brazilian Court, I am concerned about your hesitance to recommend us for a Florida getaway, as we hope to be able to provide the best level of service and experience, no matter the occasion. I would ask, if you could, please contact me directly so that I may better understand our inadequacies in detail, that I may address them with the rest of the staff to always ensure our continued improvement.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

My wife and I were a bit underwhelmed by our stay at the Brazilian Court. It's a quaint, old hotel in the heart of Palm Beach in a great location. The first room we checked into was nice with a private courtyard. It was very private but the air condition was not working and it was 80+ degrees in the room so we had to switch. The new room they put us in was bigger and very nice. The bed was just ok, not terribly comfortable. One thing that was awesome was the shower in the room. It was great! Tons of water pressure. You can tell it had the bigger, older pipes that allow for a lot more water pressure then today's contemporary showers. The whole time we were there, the staff was friendly and very accommodating, even when we had the problem with the first room, they sprung into action to accommodate us. One thing to avoid is the spa services unless you are a woman getting your hair done. My wife and I both had massages. The massage room is basically a closet in the corner of the hair salon. It was tight, loud and not very relaxing and it was really expensive. It's really a joke and we were both very disappointed. Definitely pass on the "spa" treatments. Other than that it was just average by Palm Beach standards. The restaurant at Cafe Boulud is outstanding.

Room Tip: Definitely try to get a room nowhere near the pool.
2  Thank Andwrig

Dear Andwrig,

Thank you, for allowing us the pleasure of serving you and your wife here at the Brazilian Court Hotel, and for sharing your valuable feedback. First, we want to apologize for the malfunction with the air conditioning in your first room, but happy we could make the appropriate adjustment and meet your satisfaction. We are pleased that you enjoyed the shower, as we work very hard to provide top notch amenities for all of our guests. We appreciate your compliments to the staff and I will be sure to pass them along. We apologize that you did not enjoy your spa experience, and we will attempt to address the issues you mentioned, I will also be happy to provide the positive feedback to Café Boulud as well. If there is anything I can help you with in the future to better accommodate you, do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Our room was shabby and dirty. The hallways were rarely clean and everything from room service plates to someone's dirty stockings were lying on the floor of the hallway. Some staff tried but there were a couple of receptionists who were extremely rude.
There was no attendant at the pool - the pool surrounds were unkept. No towels at end of the day. We were eaten alive by Mosquitos.
It have stayed before and it was acceptable- this time a disaster .... Never agian

Stayed: March 2014
5  Thank Nytraveller T
BrazilianCourtPB, General Manager at The Brazilian Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear NyTraveller T,

Thank you for returnging to The Brazilian Court Hotel during your visit to Palm Beach and taking the time to share your feedback.

Please allow me to apologize for the issues you described in your review. I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations and can assure you that what you described is not the norm. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you about your stay and obtain more details. My email is lbilotta@braziliancourt.com and direct line is (561)366-4300.

At The Brazilian Court Hotel, we pride ourselves on providing our guests with an exceptional experience and build loyalty for many years to come. On behalf of all the staff at the Brazilian Court, we hope to better serve you in the future.

Leticia Bilotta

Reviewed 20 March 2014

So quaint and special!
Our 2 bedroom suite was massive, clean and luxurious. The decor was a bit dark for my liking, but that did not deter from the beauty! The proximity to Worth Avenue was perfect and the hotel drove us to the beach with complementary reading material, water and beach chair. The restaurant, Boulad was a treat!

My only complaint was the lack of assistance at the pool. By 8am all the chairs in the sun were reserved, some people not showing up until 10ish!

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom suite was very large!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank momo4tmdc

Dear momo4tmdc,
Thank you for staying at the Brazilian Court Hotel and taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay.

I am delighted that you chose to title your review "Fabulous!". What a compliment! Thank you for the wonderful comments about your suite, the location of the hotel and your "beach experience". Cafe Boulud is always a wonderful treat. Glad you enjoyed it!

Our guests love to start their day at our newly renovated pool and because the Brazilian Court is a boutique hotel, the pool setting is quaint. We have staff that services the pool on the hour and I will ensure this is done a consistent basis. Please visit the pool during your next stay and a staff member will be happy to assist you.

On behalf of all the staff, we look forward to serving you again in the future.
Leticia Bilotta

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We just returned from a four night stay at this hotel and found quite a few things lacking. First of all on our arrival just after noon, we were told by the person checking us in that "Check Out is at noon- Check In is at 4". When further asking about when our room may be ready all I got in response was the same mantra. When further inquiring about when our $700 plus suite would be ready we were told rather rudely something to the effect "as I have already told you Check Out at noon Check In at 4". She did allow that no particular room had been assigned to us. So off to lunch in the hotel we go. About 1.45pm after lunch I take another stab at the front desk with a different employee. Again the same mantra. When pressed if they could possibly check with housekeeping when the room might be ready- she replied "We are not allowed to contact housekeeping- they have to contact us". So there we sat about 4 feet away from the front desk waiting. At 3pm I approached another employee and told him to hold the check out-check in nonsense I wanted to see a manger and asked if housekeeping really runs the hotel. He disappeared into the back room for a few minutes and came out with another employee who told me that " your suite will be ready in 10 minutes" and "we have upgraded you from a 1 bedroom suite to a 1 bedroom plus den". Which was all nice and well but we never set foot in the den part. Somewhere through this check in journey we were also informed that the hotel was "very busy". If it was run properly they should be able to handle "busy". We were given keys- the old fashioned variety so you had to fiddle with the lock . So much for security. The suite was a good size but a really weird layout and very dark with heavy dark furniture and carpeting that had seen better days. The small windows had heavy dark plantation shutters but not that much light could come in anyway as all the interior courtyard windows were overgrown with foliage on the outside. We were on the 2nd floor so nobody was above us but we could hear the people next door walking around, talking , closing doors etc- which is a little creepy when lying in bed. The pool area has no attendant. We had to corral a maintenance worker to help us move some lounge chairs into the sun and on two of the days we had to find somebody to get some towels. We ordered lunch through the telephone at the pool one day and just managed to circumvent it going to our room by luck. Another day my lunch went to another person at the pool who had ordered the same thing. We found it rather cheesy that the hotel does not offer complimentary water at turn-down. I was cheerfully told at the front desk that they did not provide this service but we could purchase the ($9) bottles from the mini-bar. The front desk sometimes has water that they hide behind the desk. On the plus side the bathroom was great-good size and a great shower with good water pressure. The bed linens were very nice. The staff that we encountered around the property were very friendly. However, during our 4 night stay we never saw anybody who looked like a manger which is surprising given that it is not a large property and it was high season. I don't understand the hotel/condo setup. There did not appear to be separate areas for the two. It has a great location but could certainly use some improvements.

3  Thank Mj S
Hilton West Palm Beach
#3 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites Palm Beach
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Down...
#7 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Bradley Park Hotel
Bradley Park Hotel
#8 of 10 in Palm Beach

Been to The Brazilian Court Hotel? Share your experiences!