“Quaint Palm Beach”

The Chesterfield Palm Beach
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
Reviewed 11 November 2011

We stayed one night at the Chesterfield. The staff was wonderful and the hotel made you feel like you are in a boutique hotel in Europe. The room was clean, neat and well outfitted with jelly beans, mints, and water. They have a nice happy hour and Michelle was a fantastic bartender telling us about the town.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank lormel

Reviewed 8 November 2011

We had not stayed here for two years, having had our head turned by another Palm Beach hotel. But this year, the Chesterfield's rates were considerably lower, and so we returned. A lot of work has been done on the hotel over the past two years, upgrading it a great deal. Our room, a deluxe (the standards are quite small, though lovely), had been recently redecorated, as had the lobby. The freshly baked cookies, once put out only in the afternoon, now appear earlier in the day and are replenished. The terrace has been upgraded as well for dining. One thing that has not changed, though, is the competent and friendly service. The Internet works really well, and we appreciate the free parking. We will stay here in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not above the dining room.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bev046
Reviewed 7 November 2011

It was my first time staying at the Chesterfield. As we pulled down the street, I was not so sure if we was in the right spot. It's nestled in a magnificent part of a Palm Beach residential area. Parking as is in most cities is premium. It's street parking at first come first serve. I opted for valet parking, and do highly advise this. They don't get tickets, and I probably would have! As you pull up to the entrance you are greeted as if they have long awaited your arrival. Check-in was simple and very personal at an old desk. While checking in, our bags were retrieved and we were explained about all of the wonderful amenities and fabulous food available. There is always something on the large dining table in the lobby to sample. High Tea is offered every afternoon. The gentry dining area, bar and outdoor patio made me feel as though I had slipped over to Europe for the night. The pool and spa were a perfect touch and the waterfall very soothing.
Upon entering the room, we were so well attended to. The refrigerator was stocked with complimentary beverages, and when observed that we had a bottle of wine with us, 4 wine glasses and a cork screw were delivered to our room, without requesting it.
When the Concierge handed me a set of solid brass keys for the room I thought, Wow, this is really cool. No card swiping. That usually means a time saver, because how many times have I gotten to my room and something has demagnetized my card? Concierge in 24/7.I loved leaving my key with them.
The room was exceptionally decorated. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud.
I was only at the Chesterfield for one night. I live about 30 minutes from there. I enjoyed it so much that I am already planning a very long weekend there soon.
Thank you staff for all of your wonderful; services. Yumm.

Room Tip: Mini Suite on 2nd floor East side has pool view and the only patio in the building.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2011

A friend and I stayed overnight to attend a wedding. Although the room was a bit small, it was extremely well-kept, and the bed was very comfortable. There were also plenty of "treats." Bottled water, fruit and jelly beans were free. When we had trouble doing the bow tie for the tuxedo, the concierge, hooked us up with a YouTube video demonstration.
Even though the price we paid was at the low end of their rates, we still had a nice view of the pool.
If any gay travelers are hesitant, I recommend this hotel. We're two gay men, and at the front desk I was asked if we wanted a king-size bed.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I was in this lovely hotel on business in 2010. What good care I received. i arrived around 4:00 and was led into the library for tea. Real high tea and what a delight after a long wearying drive. After tea, I repaired to my room which was on a corner with a view over the charming Palm Beach Street. The next morning I had business down the road on Royal Palm Way which was walking distance, and in the afternoon I strolled famous Worth Avenue with it's shops and galleries. That second evening I entertained friends in the Chesterfield's stylish restaurant. Wonderful dinner, great wines, quiet and elegant. All in all a rather perfect experience.

Room Tip: Corner room was large and sunny.
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 October 2011

If you are looking for something more intimate than the Breakers or other big hotels, the Chesterfield is for you. It reminds me of my favorite European Hotels, but in Palm Beach, FL! My family was visiting from California for my brother's wedding, which took place on property, and everything was fantastic. Greg Palmer, Director of Catering, took care of our two young boys (the only ones under 21 at the wedding) while ensuring the best experience for my brother and his bride. Instead of nickle-and-diming you like some of the big hotels nearby, the Chesterfield offers free Continental breakfast, in-room refrigerators stocked with water and soda, fresh cookies, a smoking room, library and nice pool. I would recommend this hotel for a romantic get away, girls weekend, or a small wedding/event.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2011

We arrived late, at midnight due to delayed flights. The staff opened the kitchen and made us soup, sandwiches, beer and wine.. Absolutely outstanding. Hotel is old traditional, but clean and comfortable, rooms fair sized, Internet works would stay again. Room rate very good
Jnw

Hilton West Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
#3 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Down...
#8 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Bradley Park Hotel
Bradley Park Hotel
#8 of 10 in Palm Beach
6 mi away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Palm Beach

Been to The Chesterfield Palm Beach? Share your experiences!