“The most amazing staff!!”

The Chesterfield Palm Beach
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
Reviewed 16 December 2011

My wife and stayed at this smaller independent hotel the first week of December. We were not aware of some renovations that were going on and at first we were a little taken aback. The staff at The Chesterfield, from Francine, the GM, Tara and Sadie, at the front desk, to the bartenders, went out of their way to make us feel as if we were part of their family. The attention and courtesy we received will never be forgotten. And I haven't talked about the hotel yet. The rooms are beautifully decorated, as are the library, Churchill room and the lobby. The Leopard Lounge was closed for remodel until the latter part of our trip, but food was always available and is excellent. I can't say what our favorite thing to eat was, because everything was great. From pizza to burgers to an amazing veal chop. My only regret is that Red Carnation Hotels only has this one hotel in the US. We usually stay at one of the major chains and wanted to try something else. We were definitely not disappointed and would stay here again and hopefully at one of their other hotels one day.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AlanB582

Reviewed 8 December 2011

I had my entire wedding weekend at the Chesterfield in October 2011. The events included the Rehearsal Dinner, Wedding Ceremony, Wedding Reception, and Morning-after Brunch. The weekend went absolutely perfectly.

For months ahead of time, the catering manager Greg Palmer provided excellent planning for my event. He made sure every detail was covered, and he was present every moment of the weekend to oversee the event. He played the part of wedding planner, wedding day coordinator, and Maitre D. As a bride, he was available for anything I needed.

The Chesterfield represents Palm Beach elegance and was a gorgeous place to be married. All of my guests have continued to comment on what a beautiful wedding and reception it was. The food was amazing, everything was fresh and cooked to perfection.

Every staff member at the Chesterfield was extremely welcoming and accomodating to me and all my guests. They all went out of their way to provide excellent service. For example: They noticed that I had a hoarse voice and brought me hot tea and lemon to my room, without even having to ask for it.

As a bride, I cannot think of a more original, beautiful, and accomodating location to have a wedding or event.

Room Tip: For my wedding, I stayed in the one-bedroom suite. It had a living area with that was large enough...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank JaimeH_FL
Reviewed 25 November 2011

I have stayed here a few times and it has always been a good experience. The best part is probably the outstanding old Palm Beach location within walking distance to the beach, shopping and top of the line restaurants without paying the rates found at most of the other hotels and resorts on the island, for example, the Brazilian Court across the street is about three to four times more expensive and although a nicer property certainly not in line with what they charge. The Chesterfield service is ok, although not 5 star, but then again the hotel doesn't claim to be. The rooms are very small, but quaint and nicely and uniquely decorated, they are also clean. Unfortunately the walls are paper thin and you will hear your neighbors. The pool area is small, but nice, the restaurant is adequate, but likely you will go other places to eat anyway. Overall would recommend and in terms of value for your money, probably the best on the island. Although, note that mattresses in some of the rooms could be softer and probably need replacement.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jpc8a
chesterfieldfom, General Manager at The Chesterfield Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Chesterfield Hotel, Palm Beach on Tripadvisor. I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps me monitor the service we provide.

I am very happy to hear that you had a “good” experience and hope the next time you stay it will be “great”. I am very sorry to hear that you were able to hear your neighbors. The Chesterfield was built in 1926 in the manner of an English bed and breakfast, in the days when rooms were used for sleeping and little else. We are designated as an historic property and as such face very strict rules regarding interior and exterior renovations. On your return visit with us please contact me directly so I can assure that you are given a quiet, corner room. I can be reached at 561-659-5800.

Francine Boissonneault

Reviewed 23 November 2011

My husband took me to the Chesterfield for our 20th Wedding Anniversary. I was completely overwhelmed by the Staff!!, Food!!, Room. Our room had been refurbished and was in the Coral Palm Beach Colors, There were cookies, jelly beans, and Chocolate Dipped Strawberries waiting in our room when we arrived.
Dinner was excellent. I have been to many 4 star hotels and I just can't say enough good words about this one.
My koodo's to the staff. We were waited on hand and foot and our every whim was taken care of professionally and cheerfully.
Great place.!!!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newly renovated rooms
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carol n
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I just experienced a wonderful one night stay at the Chesterfield last month and cannot say enough kind words about it. A true Boutique hotel from the moment my car was taken from me, to the check in process, to my bags arriving into my room. I was fortunate to have a king room that was extremely comfortable and relaxing after a 4 hour drive down the turnpike. I opted to have a light meal outside of the Leopard Lounge in the courtyard and the staff was extremely nice and helpful with my selection. If you love crabcakes, try theirs out. As a travel agent, I hope to add some clients to their bookings so they may experience the evening that I did in September. Thanks to the staff for their hospitality and thank you for the bowl of jellybeans in the lobby that I kept dipping into!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a King room or suite for the size and creature comforts.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I was born and raised in Palm Beach, so I am very familiar with the area. I must say that this hotel is in an excellent location, only 2 blocks from Worth Ave shopping. You are right over the bridge from Downtown West Palm Beach. The nice thing, is that it is very quiet on the island of Palm Beach at night, as you are surrounded by residences (HUGE residences). Palm Beach is a very safe place, as there are many upscale homes, and the police presence is very noticeable. I was much more at ease leaving my car at this hotel as opposed to the downtown area.

This hotel is all about service from the minute you pull up to the front door. The valets are on top of things, and very friendly. The front desk staff is amazing. You will be treated like royalty from start to finish. We checked in and the bags were brought to our room within minutes of walking in the door. They use the old fashioned big brass keys for the rooms, and you can check them at the front desk every time you leave the hotel.

The hotel is only a few blocks from the beach. The hotel will provide you with towels, beach chairs, and even a cooler with ice and bottled water. Now that's service. We walked because the weather was perfect, but you can easily drive over and park along the beach. Shopping options are endless at the Worth avenue shops and there are plenty more in Downtown WPB. Go check out cityplace and clematis street.

There aren't many options for hotels on the island, other than this one and the Breakers. If you don't want to break the bank, stay here and get the same service.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2011

We stayed one night at the Chesterfield. The staff was wonderful and the hotel made you feel like you are in a boutique hotel in Europe. The room was clean, neat and well outfitted with jelly beans, mints, and water. They have a nice happy hour and Michelle was a fantastic bartender telling us about the town.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Hilton West Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
#3 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Down...
#7 of 34 in West Palm Beach
The Breakers
The Breakers
#2 of 10 in Palm Beach
Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach

Been to The Chesterfield Palm Beach? Share your experiences!