“Charming boutique hotel in Palm Beach with uncompromising service.”

The Chesterfield Palm Beach
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
Reviewed 13 February 2012

This hotel is not everyone. It is the perfect place for those who seek out small boutique hotels where location and service outweigh size and a plethora of amenties. On the ocassions when I visit Palm Beach for business I go out of my way to stay at The Chesterfield. The staff is amazing -- so welcoming and accommodating -- from Joseph at reception to Steve who provides excellent service at the charming courtyard restaurant. Yes, the rooms are small which is to be expected for a hotel that was built in the 1920's but it does have contemporary amenties including free WiFi which is so vital to travelers today. This hotel is a short walk to Worth Avenue shopping and restaurants. If you're so inclined the famous Leopard Lounge at the hotel offers great food, a friendly bar staff and live music practically every night of the week. Stay & enjoy!

Room Tip: If you book through one of the online reservations services you will most likely get one of the smal...
There are newer reviews for The Chesterfield Palm Beach

Reviewed 12 February 2012

I stayed at the Chesterfield this past week as I had business in the Palm Beach area and also wanted to take a few extra days to relax. As the reviews were good, I was very excited to stay here. The people at the front desk are terrific; Sadie was warm and welcoming, Tara went over and above to assist, as did Matthew.

In my opinion, there are some serious flaws which need attention. I ordered room service when I arrived and I had to call 3 times to actually get it to my room (there was some mixup). The following day I ordered a bottle of wine for my room and it never arrived. When I went to the Leopard Lounge for dinner, I learned that the waiter had forgotten to deliver it to me. The restaurant manager was very apologetic and charged me 1/2 of the price for the bottle. That evening, the fire alarm went off in the hotel around 2:30 AM. Apparently, they had a new system and it had some issues. That event is quite scary, coupled with the fact that it happened AGAIN 2 nights later! And the second event was much longer and louder. I was becoming exhausted.

Also, some of the staff are quite disrespectful. The person who delivered a replacement wine to my room (after the housecleaning staff removed it while it was still 1/2 full along with my orange juice), whom by the way was the same person who forgot to deliver it to me the prior day, told me that I should go to church and that someone must be wishing me bad luck and hate me for all the bad things to be happening to me. Who could believe such a thing and how can he blame me for the shortcomings of himself and issues at the hotel?? I was dumbfounded, to say the least.

The room itself was nice and clean, small but comfortable. I liked that I could open my window for fresh air, although not all rooms in the hotel are equipped to do so. The issue with the rooms is that there are air conditioning units in each room (as opposed to central air) which are quite noisy when they turn on and off. I found that difficult for good sleeping.

I also scheduled a massage (an outside person comes to the hotel) and she was very nice, however, when it was done, she told me that she only takes cash (I assumed the hotel would charge me as this was not told to me when I scheduled the massage). As I didn't have that much cash on me, after the massage, she and I had to drive in her car to an ATM.

The Chesterfield should really become more consistent with its staff (as some are wonderful and others should not be there) and probably give it's hotel more of an update as it appears tired (and now so am I).

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room and ask for a room where you can open your window. Also, the padded...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Linda R
chesterfieldfom, General Manager at The Chesterfield Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Dear Linda R,
Thank you for your kind comments about the warm welcome you received and the cleanliness and comfort of your guest room. Of course, I am very concerned with the substandard experience you had with your room service and the disturbances caused by the fire alarm. I have met with our F&B management team and together we counseled the server in question who not only failed to meet our quality and service standards with your order, but also made those inappropriate remarks. With regard to the alarm, the hotel has just completed installation of a completely new system and, as we all discovered in those few days which unfortunately coincided with the dates of your stay, there was a defect which caused several false alarms.
On behalf of all of our management and staff, please accept my apologies for these missteps. It is my sincere hope that you will return and give us another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to your comfort and satisfaction with every aspect of your stay. I invite you to contact me directly to discuss these issues, or to make a reservation for the next time you come to Palm Beach.

Francine Boissonneault

Reviewed 8 February 2012

My wife and I stayed here November of 2011. The location and service are excellent. The food is world class and excellent. The place is charming and clean and within a walking distance from the beach and shopping etc. Palm Beach is a wondeful and unique place. The city is well run and very well managed. However, there was one problem that ruined our experience. On Friday and Saturday night they had a wedding and bachelorette party. We could not sleep! There were people running up and down the hallway slamming doors all night! If you value your sleep, avoid the weekend at this place! We will not go back!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank SnipWil
chesterfieldfom, General Manager at The Chesterfield Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

Dear JoeM,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Chesterfield Hotel, Palm Beach and for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for us, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps us monitor the service we provide. I was happy to see that you were very pleased with the service you received, the value, location and the cleanliness of your accommodations, but of course concerned that you were disturbed by noise from other guests in a neighboring room.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the disturbance you experienced, and the inconvenience you had to endure, as a result of this noise. Our standards require that we take immediate steps to curtail noise of any kind which might disturb a guest, regardless of its source. While it is not always possible to prevent incidents caused by other guests, it is incumbent on our staff to contact the offending guest and take whatever action is necessary to stop the disturbance. I have reviewed your comments with our Front Office Manager and Executive Housekeeper and reiterated these standards, and together we have taken steps to ensure that this does not recur with another guest.

I do hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future, and invite you to contact me directly at 561-659-5800.

Francine Boissonneault

Reviewed 24 January 2012

The staff at the Chesterfield Palm Beach is amazing, the valets, the wait staff, maids, front desk staff, management - everyone is so accomodating and friendly.

The hotel is in a great loaction, walking distance to restaurants, shopping, beach and more.

Pool is great, with lots of sun.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
1  Thank BostonPenguin
Reviewed 13 January 2012

What a beautiful hotel and restaurant. The newly renovated lounge is absolutely gorgeous. Great service, great food.

1  Thank Michael S
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Chesterfields is lovely historic charming hotel true old Florida style.

We are a group of 40 business people that meet in the newly renovated magnificent Leopard Lounge for lunch weekly.

The ambience is elegant, food is delicious, prices incredibly reasonable and the service is outstanding.

We feel so lucky to have the incredible beautiful hotel as our home base.

I highly recommend the Chesterfield’s for all you business functions.

Nancy W

1  Thank Nancy W
Reviewed 13 January 2012

The Chesterfield is a wonderful hotel. The staff are really friendly and the service is great. We enjoyed a great dinner and show a few months ago - really GREAT value! The show, Just One of the Gurlz!, is so popular it's put on annually.

We often have lunch in the wonderful Leopard Lounge and it just got better! They remodelled the entire restaurant (except the artwork on the famous ceiling!) and it is CLASSY! The food is excellent and great value and at dinner, there is live music. Love it!

Really well worth a visit when you're next in Palm Beach.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach
The Breakers
The Breakers
#2 of 10 in Palm Beach

Been to The Chesterfield Palm Beach? Share your experiences!