“WASPy efficiency & Italian charm”

The Chesterfield Palm Beach
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
New York City, New York
“WASPy efficiency & Italian charm”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Our only regret - that our stay was too short there.
Any hotel experience is made out of 3 components - facilities and decor, staff, location.
All three are superb there.

The hotel itself reminds private English CLub. It is very classy, very charming and very efficient.
The staff is very well trained, somehow they know how to hire the right people. "Class" cannot be taught in one or two short sessions. Those people look like they were born this way.

Overall - this hotel is a hidden treasure.

Room Tip: You are up to the real treat - private English Club on America soil.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 29 November 2013

This is our fourth night here at the Chesterfield.
We have had a very lovely stay.
The lady who works in the very early morning at the front desk was especially nice to us.
She pointed out when the new newspapers came in each day and was so very helpful.
Her name is Susana.
The people who made up our room and the folks who served us breakfast each morning were also very nice to us.
You have a very lovely hotel.
john schert
gainesville fl

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 November 2013

My husband and I attended a wedding in Palm Beach and stayed here - it was just perfect. The location is superb, just a short walk to the excellent shopping and restaurants on Worth and the decor is wonderfully English and stylish. We appreciated the SOuth African connection and African touches here and there as we had just booked a trip to South Africa, where the owners of the hotel hail from. Great stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
west palm beach
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My husband and I decided to spend Christmas Eve at the Chesterfield two years ago.
We were pleasantly surprised to find that we had been upgraded to a room with a kitchenette. It was very nicely furnished. Comfortable bed. Good service. The Leopard Lounge was a nice place to have a drink. I would recommend it and have to my family from out of town. Every one seems to like it. The location is great...very close to Worth Avenue and restaurants are nearby. Three blocks from the ocean. Small boutique hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 26 November 2013

The Chesterfield has the perfect old country club vibe, inviting and well designed. Beautiful Library lounge area with fireplace (we were there in November and it was chilly) where you could read and enjoy a coffee or drink etc.. Our room although small, was appointed with design details that are not normally associated with a hotel room but with a well decorated residence. The bed was very comfortable and the staff attentive.
My husband loved the pool and hot tub to start his day after our yummy breakfast.

We would love to stay here again the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have stayed at the Chesterfield a number of times and most recently just last week. I was able to get the room I requested. Its a favorite of mine- newly renovated, bright yet cozy with a window facing Australian Ave.
I enjoyed room service twice, once for breakfast and the second time a light dinner. My call was answered promptly and politely, my order was taken accurately and the food arrived hot and very quickly and it was delicious. I could not have been happier.
Housekeeping was always available and able to help with my requests-extra water, fresh linens when needed etc.
The pool area is lovely and quiet and always inviting. I love being steps away from so many wonderful restaurants and shops.
I always feel very well taken care of when I am at the Chesterfield. The platter of freshly baked, warm chocolate chip cookies set out in the lobby every afternoon doesn't hurt either!
Im already looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Request a room that has been renovated. Most have been and they are working on the rest. Make sure...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank vgd123
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I love the Chesterfield. Finally, I have found a place that doesn't disappoint! We recently stayed three nights and had a wonderful time. Every person at the Chesterfield provided great customer service. Grace, charm, comfort, and superior service all together in the same place, at the same time! For my money, that's a good value.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
ChesterfieldGM, General Manager at The Chesterfield Palm Beach, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear SuzybelleOH,

Thank You for choosing The Chesterfield Hotel for your visit to Palm Beach, and also for taking the time to write this review on Trip Advisor.

Everything you listed is exactly what we strive to do and I am happy that we were able to meet all of your expectations. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Natalie Le Clerc
Bradley Park Hotel
Bradley Park Hotel
#9 of 10 in Palm Beach
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Down...
#8 of 34 in West Palm Beach
The Breakers
The Breakers
#2 of 10 in Palm Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,168 reviews

Been to The Chesterfield Palm Beach? Share your experiences!