“Perfect Anniversary place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
Miramar
“Perfect Anniversary place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2011

We stayed here for our anniversary. We got champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. The room was cousy and romantic. The downstairs restaurant was superb. The food outstanding. WE went walking around after we ate and it was it felt as if I was in a veniciand labiryth with beautiful shops and more restaurants. Loved it, loved it.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Znidarcic
, General Manager at The Chesterfield Palm Beach, responded to this review, 18 February 2011
On behalf of myself and the hotel team I would like to thank you for your recent review of the Chesterfield Hotel, Palm Beach. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your anniversary with us and that you enjoyed the restaurant. We appreciate your kind words and I will be sure to pass them along to our staff. We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back in the future. Congratulations on your anniversary!!

Francine Boissonneault

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2011

My wife and I loved or stay at The Chesterfield and will never stay anywhere else when we come to Palm Beach. The staff was incredibly attentive, especially Marlene. We hated to leave. See all you lovely Chesterfield people again, real soon. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Schenk5100
, Manager at The Chesterfield Palm Beach, responded to this review, 18 February 2011
Thank You for your wonderful review of the Chesterfield Hotel, Palm Beach. We are very excited to hear that you will be back again soon, we wouldn't want it any other way :) We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Thanks again!!

Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2011

After years of coming to Palm Beach for an every other year meeting at the Breakers in Palm Beach, I was aghast at their "meeting rates" for rooms..So, I went to Trip Advisor and found the Chesterfield..I liked everything about the place starting from the first friendly and accommodating phone call to make a reservation. The Hotel turns out to be a nice walk (about a mile) to The Breakers. My room was small, but clean and quiet facing the back court yard..What really stood out was the friendly and helpful service from the Concierge, no matter who was behind the desk...A limo up to the meeting and out to the airport was quickly arranged - timely, friendly and very reasonable. Dinner recommendations (the hotel dining room turns out to have outstanding crab cakes..) were on the mark. Two small sitting rooms on the first floor that offer either free internet service or flat screen TV are well done... All this for about half of the "meeting rate" of The Breakers... I really like this place..In fact, I don't usually take the time to write these reviews (my wife is the Trip Advisor member -I'm writing this on her account...), but I was so impressed that I had to put this in...I'm going back to The Chesterfield any time I go to Palm Beach...

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank FatherMckenzie
, General Manager at The Chesterfield Palm Beach, responded to this review, 14 February 2011
On behalf of the Chesterfield Hotel thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. It is so great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass along the review to our concierge team. Thank You again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2011

My companion and I stayed at this friendly and very service oriented alley boutique property just off Worth Ave. In Palm Beach. The location is in a lovely, safe and clean neighborhood. Service was exceptional. The room and bath are looking a bit timeworn and need an update from th '90's.restaurant and clientele were good and the public spaces were beautiful for the holidays. Staff was accommodating in the extreme. A superb find at the last minute for New Year's. Refined but not uppity .

• Stayed December 2010
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, Manager at The Chesterfield Palm Beach, responded to this review, 15 January 2011
Thank You for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. As a valued guest, your feedback is very important to us and helps us to improve on the facilities. I will be sure to share with all the staff your comments about the service. Overall I am happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you both in the future.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2010

Even though The Chesterfield is a vintage and classy old Palm Beach hotel with great charm and wonderful ambience, my wife and I had the best service level in every aspect. The entire staff demonstrated dedication and professionalism. The dining and their club lounge was just fantastic! Great food, real drinks, and a place to dance with wonderful patrons. A true Palm Beach jewel!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, Manager at The Chesterfield Palm Beach, responded to this review, 10 January 2011
On behalf of the hotel, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Chesterfield Hotel, Palm Beach. I am delighted that you and your wife enjoyed your recent stay with us and happy to hear how much fun the lounge was. I appreciate your kind words regarding the staff and I will be sure to share it with all of them. Thank you once again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you in the future.
Cincinnati, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2010

Overall: This 80 year old hotel is a unique and pleasant place to stay. The service is exceptional, and the hotel is very well maintained. The hotel is within an easy walk to the beach, shopping, and restaurants.

Rooms: I stayed in a superior queen, which was adequate, though a little small by today's standards. The room included a comfortable bed, a modern bathroom, a wall-mounted flat-screen TV, and free (wired) Internet access. My window did not have a view. Most of the time, the room was quiet, though be aware: The Leopard Lounge on the 1st floor has live music until midnight on Fridays and Saturdays. I could hear this from my room. If you anticipate this to be an issue for you, just ask for a room further away before you check in.

Styling: The hotel bills itself as having "European styling," by which they mean old-school Victorian, with floral wallpaper, 19th century prints, dark stained woods, crystal decanters with sherry, and overall ornamental excess. While this is a bit old fashioned for my taste, the hotel manages to pull it off... coming across as more charming than stuffy.

Facilities: The hotel has a small but nice heated pool and hot tub in the hotel's attractive courtyard. There is a library with a computer/printer for guest use. Churchill's Cigar Room has a TV, couches, and a humidor.

Leopard Lounge: The Leopard Lounge is an upscale restaurant (indoor and courtyard seating) that turns into a nightclub with a small dance floor. The decor definitely matches the name, with leopard print carpet and an overall jungle theme. Depending on your perspective, this is either a fun, tongue-in-cheek throwback... or just garish. The crowd here was definitely on the older side, but not exclusively so. I only ate here for my continental breakfast (included with my booking), which was excellent. Whoever supplies their pastries does an excellent job. The waitstaff were always attentive and helpful.

Service: The service was outstanding. The front desk was very helpful and friendly. The free valet parking was fantastic, and really a necessity given that there is a two hour limit to parking in the residential neighborhood where the hotel is located. The valets rotate the cars from spot to spot as necessary. I never waited more than a minute for them to retrieve my car.

Location: The Chesterfield is in the heart of affluent Palm Beach in a mostly residential area, 3 blocks from the beach and 2 blocks from Worth Avenue shopping. There are several dining/bar options within walking distance, though almost all of them are extremely expensive. West Palm Beach is just a few minutes drive across the bridge and has a wider variety of dining and shopping options.

Value: If you are looking for a resort right on the beach with a huge pool and a workout room, this might not be the place for you. However, if you would like a charming, boutique hotel with exceptional service and within a pleasant walk to the beach and shopping, this is a good choice. I took advantage of a special price of forty percent off the regular rate which also included breakfast... making it an excellent value.

• Stayed December 2010
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
louisville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2010

Super in every way! Within 2 blocks of Worth Ave. Valet service exceptional, Lounge great, Quiet and welcomning!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Bradley Park Hotel
Bradley Park Hotel
#9 of 10 in Palm Beach
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Down...
#9 of 34 in West Palm Beach
The Breakers
The Breakers
#2 of 10 in Palm Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,109 reviews

Been to The Chesterfield Palm Beach? Share your experiences!