One of the few hotel properties that deserve the overused description "iconic". Wonderful décor and some beautiful public / convention rooms. However, our stay was overshadowed by the debacle over checking in. The duty manager had promised that the room would be ready at 3.00pm - I had phoned an hour previously to check as arrival time is formally 4.00. Despite her promise, when we got there a little after 3.00 she had done nothing and gone off duty, and we were left standing around for 40 minutes. No urgency and only bare politeness by reception staff. Then we were shown a room that was allegedly an upgrade, but was not. We finally got the room we were promised, which was fine. But why put us to so much hassle?
The rest of our three day stay was pleasant, many of the staff were excellent, but what a poor first impression.
The side rooms with "partial ocean view" are small, cramped and the view is a joke. Avoid them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built in 1896, The Breakers remains one of America’s legendary resort destinations. Renowned for its seaside glamour and world-class service, the 538-room, Italian Renaissance-style hotel resides on 140 acres of oceanfront property in the heart of Palm Beach. With unapologetic luxury, The Breakers indulges its clientele, whether couples on a romantic getaway, multi-generational travelers on a family vacation or large gatherings in celebration. Thanks to the gracious dedication of its longstanding family ownership, the iconic resort re-invests a minimum of $30 million each year in the property’s ongoing enhancement and revitalization to ensure that it continues to captivate its guests. Most recently with the debut of Flagler Club, an ultra-luxury boutique hotel set within the resort. Resort amenities feature a private beach, four oceanfront pools, five whirlpool spas, 25 luxury beach bungalows and a variety of watersports; a new luxury spa; indoor-outdoor Ocean Fitness center; 36 holes of championship golf, including the Ocean Course and The Breakers Rees Jones® Course; 10 Har-Tru tennis courts; a Family Entertainment Center; an array of on-site boutiques; and nine acclaimed restaurants, with settings ranging from casual beachfront to stylishly sophisticated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Breakers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Palm Beach
- The Breakers Resort
- Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Resort Palm Beach
- The Breakers Palm Beach, Florida