“Absolute Perfection”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Wisconsin
“Absolute Perfection”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

From outdoor reception, banquet meal, housekeeping, spa, varied pool settings and lavish floral display on entrance to the hotel, the Breaker's staff works extremely hard to give visitors a remarkable experience in relaxation.

Room Tip: Staying close to the beach lets you appreciate the continuous hypnotic wave sound.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MadWIExpTraveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (498)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed 8 May 2014

After reading all the wonderful reviews, I was hoping not to be disappointed and we were not! The grounds were beautiful and well maintained. The interior was exquisite! The staff very friendly and helpful. Our room was large and comfortable (except for the bed and over-sized pillows) Pleasantly decorated and very quiet. We were on the 5th floor. I loved the herb garden and the fact that the fresh herbs were used by the restaurant chefs. Very convenient to the beach....only steps away! The beach was very clean. The cabanas were nicely stocked and we took advantage of a chair massage while enjoying a relaxing afternoon. I also enjoyed my detox mud wrap in the spa. Very professional staff. Can't wait to visit again in the future!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My husband and I can now safely say that we've been to one of the best hotels in the World! Everything about The Breakers was exceptional. We stayed in an Ocean-view room, rented out a private beach cabana for the day and dined like royalty at Flagler Steakhouse, The Ocean Grill and HMF. Touring the wedding facilities at The Breakers will make you want to get married all over again! We can't wait to visit again!

Room Tip: Oceanview suite all the way!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
London, UK
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed over Easter holiday and the place was packed! I have never seen so many kids on an Easter Egg hunt. The beauty and luxury of Easter Brunch which was held in the Ponce De Leon ballroom, with 500 of your closest friends (or strangers!) was just delicious and the service was impeccable. We had a room looking over the ocean which was gorgeous, even if I had to mortgage my house! The one niggle I have is that they make you pay 40 bucks to use the "Spa" gym which has real weights in it....

Room Tip: Mortgage the house for sea view?
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank YankeeAbroad
NY
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed in late February and had a nice getaway from the brutal NY winter. The setting and grounds were beautiful and immaculately maintained. This is a classic high end hotel experience. There are 6 pools to choose from, with one that is adults only. They have a small private section of beach, but it was quite crowded with people packed cheek to jowel on the weekend. The beach beyond the wall was deserted and beautiful - but obviously no drink or food service there, but we didnt care about that. Definitely a big service culture here - you cannot even place your own towel on the beach if you wanted to. It felt a little like a high end cruise ship at times with the heavy emphasis on pool culture, but I believe the product is exactly as they intend it to be, which is positive.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Scramjones
New Canaan, Connecticut, USA
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We chose The Breakers for a last minute family trip with our 2 children, 2.5 years and 4.5 years old. We also brought grandma along. Overall we loved our stay and will definitely go back! I especially wanted to write this review to help other families with small children as I know it's hard to find the right place to accommodate this age range! Here are my thoughts on this property:
-Absolutely gorgeous property! The grounds are impeccably maintained and we just loved walking around the resort and taking in all the beautiful architecture, landscaping, ocean views, etc. My 4.5 year old said several times - "Mommy, Florida is beautiful!!!"
-They have a kids playground which my kids LOVED - it's small but totally adequate and each of my kids were eager to visit the playground every day. It includes a rope jungle gym, rock walls, slides, tunnels, no swings). The playground is right next to the kids club and the basketball court. The kids club is cool - toddler/preschool room with kitchen set, blocks, train table, etc. Arcade for older kids, art room with big fish tank, mini theatre. This area is attached to the Italian Restaurant and I believe they have nannies around during mealtimes if you want to let you kids go play while you eat. We didn't do this as our kids are young and wouldn't want to leave us.
-There are also a few large grassy/turf areas to run around and let loose - my kids also loved this and there were older kids tossing around footballs and playing too. The resort is very big and you end up doing a lot of walking - we brought our double stroller and it really worked out. Be ready for some walking with comfortable flip flops and bring a stroller if your kids are younger!
-The rooms were very comfortable, nice and clean. We booked 2 Deluxe Resort View King Guestrooms and adjoined them. One had an extra large bathroom so we put my 2.5 year olds crib in there and then my son's crib in the bedroom area with grandma (he still likes a crib when we stay in hotels) and then my husband and I had the 2nd bedroom. They provided crib quilts and sheets of course, but I wish I had brought my daughters blanket as she's fussy about that sort of thing! The housekeeping staff did bring me an assortment of blankets which was very nice and accomodating. We all liked the beds, pillows and sheets. We also loved the turn down service which included fresh water bottles and a chocolate treat. Both rooms had a DVD player which was great because the kids enjoyed a TV show which we brought from home after a long day at the pool.
-The Pools - there are 4 pools. We sat at the family/kids pool every day - it is roped off into 2 areas, 3-5 feet and a shallow zero entry area that is 0-1.5 feet for toddlers/preschoolers. We loved it! It's so great when the kids can walk right in and we were able to sit back and watch them which was nice. My son loved visiting the 5 different hot tubs and one of the other pools. There is also a dedicated Adults Only pool. My biggest gripe about this resort is that they DO NOT serve food at the pool. Major BUMMER! We really really disappointed by this as our 2 kids didn't want to leave the pool to go sit in a restaurant. We got used to it and they did provide cute coloring books and crayons but still... would have been nice to relax and eat by the pool. Fortunately there is a very casual beachy kind of restaurant right next to the kids pool, so we could just go over in swimsuits and eat casually. The food was all really good and the kids meals were great - good portions, include a drink, dessert and the crayons/coloring books.
-Beach - we only got to use the beach 1 day because it's quite small from beach erosion and the waves/surf was too rough so the beach got closed. The 1 day it was open, we did enjoy it.
-Nightlife - we went to HMF bar in the hotel every night and enjoyed it. We especially loved the Heath Bar Cookie dessert - please never stop making this! Can't wait to come back and have it again! We tried Echo restaurant but I was unimpressed.
-The hotel is a quick 10-15 min drive to PBI airport and not too far drive from popular restaurants and shopping (too far to walk)
-The hotel shopping was great - a good selection of nice shops - shoes, clothes, swim, cosmetics, gift shop, kids shop

Hope to go back next year!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Lizzie_in_New_Canaan
Wellington, Florida
Reviewed 18 April 2014

From room , service, food, grounds, definitely rated A++++++++ all the way ...If you want an A+ Dinner They have many choices... If you want the best Bruch in Palm Beach, I highly recommend it! The rooms are incredible! The grounds amazing!!! Highly recommended! Had my wedding there They couldn't have done enough for us! We made a BIG mistake by going on our honeymoon the next day instead of enjoying the Magnificent suite and grounds for the day instead of leaving the next day to Hawaii. I would recommend this to families, couples, alone, on business or just with friends for a weekend away. There is not one thing ( If you have the money) that I can say is bad about this hotel!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Bradley Park Hotel
Bradley Park Hotel
#9 of 10 in Palm Beach
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Down...
#9 of 34 in West Palm Beach

Been to The Breakers? Share your experiences!