Henry Flagler put Palm Beach on the map as a winter destination for Northeastern millionaires at the end of the 19th century. The Breakers was a later beachfront version of his original Royal Poinciana Hotel (1894), which was located on the intercoastal waterway. The Royal Poinciana met its demise in 1934. I own many pieces of the beautiful Victorian wicker furniture which graced its porches, as my husband's family moved to the area in the 1920's and bought several properties on the waterway. The history is fascinating
The Breakers suffered two fires, and was rebuilt in its present state in 1926. It survived the Great Depression, and has continued to thrive until this day.
The architecture is stunning, the views unparalleled, and the rooms luxurious.
It is far from inexpensive, but then, few things in Palm Beach are.
The numerous hotels and resorts that claim to be in Palm Beach are, for the most part, actually in points South, such as Lake Worth.
The Breakers in an authentic Palm Beach experience, if you can afford it. If you're going to go, you might as well do it right... although off-season rates are the best!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built in 1896, The Breakers remains one of America’s legendary resort destinations. Renowned for its seaside glamour and world-class service, the 538-room, Italian Renaissance-style hotel resides on 140 acres of oceanfront property in the heart of Palm Beach. With unapologetic luxury, The Breakers indulges its clientele, whether couples on a romantic getaway, multi-generational travelers on a family vacation or large gatherings in celebration. Thanks to the gracious dedication of its longstanding family ownership, the iconic resort re-invests a minimum of $30 million each year in the property’s ongoing enhancement and revitalization to ensure that it continues to captivate its guests. Most recently with the debut of Flagler Club, an ultra-luxury boutique hotel set within the resort. Resort amenities feature a private beach, four oceanfront pools, five whirlpool spas, 25 luxury beach bungalows and a variety of watersports; a new luxury spa; indoor-outdoor Ocean Fitness center; 36 holes of championship golf, including the Ocean Course and The Breakers Rees Jones® Course; 10 Har-Tru tennis courts; a Family Entertainment Center; an array of on-site boutiques; and nine acclaimed restaurants, with settings ranging from casual beachfront to stylishly sophisticated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Prestigia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Breakers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Palm Beach
- The Breakers Resort
- Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Resort Palm Beach
- The Breakers Palm Beach, Florida