First of all the golf is great. Courses were very busy and we played in under 4 hours every day. The greens on the Palmer were running 12.5-13. After the Champion that is the best course followed by the Fazio. Public spaces are great. The food at the resort is good and the I-Bar has a lot of buzz at night. The resort has one failing and it is service. The resort adds an automatic 18% to everything and I think it hurts service. Our group always tips large for good service and not once to we have the opportunity. The bars is staffed with enough people but they work slow and spend to much time talking to each other.
The Bar 91 broke some new ground. We ordered three drinks at the bar to take outside. The tall blonde bar tender was talking to the chef for 5 minutes before taking our order. We decided not to have a second drink and getting the bill became such a challenge we left without paying. Not because it was crowded but because she was talking with co-workers. There seems to be a general lack of oversight with regard to restaurant service. Our service in the Ironwood was fine.
I hope they get the service in line with a Ritz or Four Season or somewhere just close. If they do it will be a regular stop for me. It would be a shame for such a property not fix such a fixable issue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fresh off a comprehensive multi-million revitalization, PGA National Resort & Spa is a world-class golf, spa, vacation and meetings destination. The South Florida locale offers 90 holes of championship golf on five courses including the famed Champion Course, home to the popular PGA TOUR Honda Classic and legendary “Bear Trap.” A distinguishing highlight at PGA National is its new 33,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art Sports & Racquet Club (SRC). The impressive new facility features the latest exercise equipment, indoor racquetball court, three aerobics studios with new sound systems, five-lane saltwater lap pool, spin room with video road mapping, indoor volleyball court, two Pickleball / POP tennis courts, and 19 Har-Tru tennis courts (11 lit for night play). PGA National offers customized suites ideal for weddings, golf “buddy trips” and spa aficionados. Its numerous multi-use settings include a permanent, lakeside wedding venue with stunning vistas; scenic Lakeside Lawn perfect for receptions; iDeck – a new 3,000-square-foot terrace ideal for indoor / outdoor dining and entertaining; “Bar 91” 19th hole bar and grill; 40,000 square feet of self-contained conference and event space; and seven on-site restaurants and lounges including its acclaimed chef-driven Ironwood Steak & Seafood. The Spa at PGA National is a 40,000-square-foot oasis of tranquility featuring 32 treatment rooms and areas with 100 diverse treatments, the exclusive “Waters of the World” outdoor mineral pools, full-service salon, and relaxing lounge areas. Conveniently located within driving distance of major Florida population centers, the AAA Four Diamond resort is 15 minutes from Palm Beach International Airport (PBI), one hour from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) and 90 minutes from Miami International Airport (MIA). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your PGA National Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pga National Hotel Palm Beach Gardens
- PGA National Resort & Spa Palm Beach Gardens, Florida