“Very nice stay!”

PGA National Resort & Spa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here two nights in March because he attended a conference here. The room was on the ground floor, clean, and quiet. We were invited to a buffet dinner as part of the conference and it was the best buffet ever! There was a great variety of foods from chicken to beef to fish. The salads were fresh, as was the shrimp cocktail. We did not use the pool but it did look beautiful and very inviting. I have two small complaints...the breakfast buffet served in
the Palm Terrace Restaurant is extremely over priced at $26.00 per person (18% gratuity added to bill automatically.) My other complaint is poor internet signal in the ground level room we had. Other than these small complaints our stay here was lovely and we would definite,y stay again. One does not have to play golf to enjoy this resort!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
bhorn_9, Bill Horn, Director of Operations at PGA National Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you for your friendly post. Our Chef and Banquet team really strive and work hard to provide an amazing food experience, thank you for mentioning. I apologize for the poor internet connection and I will certainly pass on your comments to our techical support team to review...

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Everything was immaculately clean and the recent renovations are beautiful! The pools are extremely clean and relaxing. We would definitely stay there again! We hated to leave!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for being our guest and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Have been coming to this resort for 25 years and although I love it here, the golf prices have gotten too expensive. Only played once in a seven day stay but the area is filled with many great courses.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for your post, comment and your continued support of The PGA National. Its due to wonderful people like you who make us a special destination. Perhaps in the future look to possibly take advantage of one of our many golf packages we offer that gives greater value combining room, golf and even breakfast into one price. Please contact me directly and I will be happy to discuss options with you that will ensure that you get out on our incredible golf courses more than once. Have a great Spring and thank you again for being our guest.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I am part of a large (28-man) group that took a golf trip to this resort last year (2013). We had a fantastic experience for a lot of reasons, primarily related to the incredibly high level of personal service our group received (thanks, Shawn and Alex) and the overall quality of the amenities. In short, they took care of everything. They got involved at the planning stages of the trip, greeted us upon arrival and took care of everything for us throughout the stay, including restaurant recommendations, travel arrangements and, of course, everything related to our golf. They literally did everything. At a great price. When it came time this year to discuss the location for this year's outing, we unanimously agreed to go back. We just returned from our second trip and - for all of the resaons I have mentioned - we'll be making it an annual trip to PGA National

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind post, and thank the entire Ryder Tin Golf group for making there seasonal golf buddy trip to The PGA National. Shawn and Alex are both amazing staff professionals that really make the entire golf and resort experience special and memorable. Thank you for mentioning there names and were glad you had a wonderful experience.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Went here with 3 buddies for a golf get-a-away. It was awesome! The hotel was great and convenient to several airports. The facility is VERY impressive to drive up to. The rooms were incredibly clean, and the Ibar (in the middle of the lobby) was vibrant and really fun. We went to the steakhouse for dinner. The food was delicious and the service was excellent.

Although we were there for golf, I utilized the gym every day. It was full service and plenty of equipment. One of the best hotel/resort gyms around.

Now the golf. Needless to say, its unbelievable that there are 4 terrific golf course right at your finger tips. Walk out the lobby door, jump in a golf cart (with your clubs ready to go) and you are off. And the courses are great to boot. We played Fazio and The Champions and they both were first class in every respect.

If you want to go off property (and you really don't have to) there are several great restaurants and shopping 5 minutes away - not to mention the beach.

I have been on numerous "business" and "buddy" golf trips - this location is perfect for both!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind post. There always something special when you get away with a group of buddys to come play golf! The courses are in amazing condition and we are ecstatic that you enjoyed the dinning and Fitness facilities and felt a real sense of energy and comfortable atmosphere in our Resort. Thank you for being our guest...

Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

We totally enjoyed the pool, fitness area, spa and the legendary golf courses.
We had so much fun biking, playing tennis and just hanging out with friends at the good restaurants. The spa was so nice and relaxing

• Stayed: January 2014

Thank you for your kind post Cheryl and we are happy that your enjoyed your experience at PGA National.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We have been vacationing at this resort for 20 years. I must say that our most recent stay was very disappointing. We stayed the week before the Honda Classic. The hotel was packed with vendors and the hotel was busy getting ready for the event. Understandable, but please pay attention to loyal paying guests! During our stay there was absolutely no service or attention to detail...other than for the Honda Classic. Once in our room we realized the hairdryer was not working properly. It was impossible to reach any of the hotel services by phone. Every line was busy for 1 hour. Finally I went down to the front desk. When I asked for a replacement hairdryer I was asked if my telephone in the room was working. I explained that all the service buttons attempted were busy. Eventually a hair dryer was delivered to our room. I advised the gentleman from housekeeping that the refrigerator in the room was operating but would not get cold. Since we had filled it with fruit, yogurt, and beverages I request a maintenance person visit the room and look at the refrigerator or get us a replacement. Some time later that day a gentleman came to our room and handed me an electrical adapter! He told me to " use this to fix the refrigerator". Foolishly I took the adapter, not realizing that I would have to move a 100 pound credenza in order to access the outlet for the fridge. It was impossible to move so I again visited the front desk, explained the situation, and again requested a maintenance visit. No one ever showed. We stayed 5 days and in 5 days no maintenance visit to repair/replace the refrigerator. Needless to say we had to dispose of all of the food we purchased at the local grocery store. Upon check out I explained the situation to the front desk clerk and requested to see the manager. He was not on the property! I still have the adapter and plan to visit the manager on my next visit to Palm Beach Gardens, but I will not be staying at PGA! I did complete one of the PGA Resort customer surveys sent to me ...no response from management or customer relations. Honda Classic is a huge event and revenue generator for this facility...but obviously loyal customers are not considered integral to the longevity of this facility.

Room Tip: request feather pillows and anything else you may need prior to arrival
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pat D
PGA National R, Bill Horn, Director of Operations at PGA National Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thank you for being a loyal guest for 20 years at PGA National Resort & Spa. Your loyalty and patronage is very valuable to us and we are saddened to hear that your most recent experience did not exceed your expectations. We are using the information and comments you have provided to us, to re-emphasize to our staff the importance of attention to detail. Your feedback is extremely appreciated. Please contact me directly in the future as I would love for your next visit to Palm Beach Gardens to be your 21st visit to PGA National.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm Beach Gardens
Embassy Suites by Hilton Palm Beach Gardens PGA Boulevard
Embassy Suites by Hilton Palm Be...
#4 of 11 in Palm Beach Gardens
Hilton West Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
#3 of 34 in West Palm Beach
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and E...
#6 of 11 in Palm Beach Gardens
Jupiter Beach Resort & Spa
Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa
Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach

Been to PGA National Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!