“Typical Marriott”

Palm Beach Gardens Marriott
Berlin, Germany
“Typical Marriott”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2011

Stayed for one night. Arrived around 6 pm, check-in was fast. Room was clean. It had lcd-tv and all the ammenities expected from a marriott. We had to search for the safe which is in the drawer. Room had bottom to ceiling windows. All in all a pleasant (overnight-)stay. Since i didnt use any of their other facilities/ services i cant comment on them.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2011

I stayed here one Monday night. Selected hotel because I wanted a Palm Beach area hotel, am a Marriott Rewards member, and the price was OK. The highlight of the visit was the service. Didn't ask for much, but everyone was very gracious and attentive. Marriott trains their people well. Hotel not located near attractions, although right off 95 and Fl Turnpike. Would recommend the hotel, and would stay again only if price to value was similar Stayed here because other Trip Ad comments were helpful.

Not a five star. Surprised that outside the lobby, things were a little nicked here, a little worn there. Furniture in my room a little worn. Everything on the surface seems fine. But some furniture should be upgraded. Room service quick, but pedestrian.
Cleaniness was fine, although the grout in the shower should have been scraped.

In my price range, I felt pleased with the product.. If I were paying $200 per night, I would not have been happy. If I wanted to spend the money, I would stay at a W or Kimpton,. I suspect the overall experience there would be a significant upgrade.

Overall, the experience was fine for the price. May be Marriot is just skating these days--paying closer attention to costs than upgrading. The stock price is down while Starwood and others are increasing as the economy improves.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We book through Hotwire ($59) and after being told that our room with a king bed would not be ready until check in, then returning to be told that we would be receiving a room with 2 doubles I thought we were in for a miserable 2 days but I went back to the desk and spoke to the front desk supervisor who put us in a mini suite to compensate for the error. After this the remainder of our stay was great. The beds are incredible, the room was well laid out, the fitness center was well equipped and the location was close to many things but confusing without a GPS.

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2011

I recently had the opportunity to experience the Hotel and the surrounding areas as a guest of the Spring Training major League FAM tour hosted by the Marriott Palm Beach Gardens. We started our experience with a tropical poolside reception. The food and company were outstanding. The menu consited of coconut chicken and shrimp; arepas tuna ceviche and wonderful minimature flan and key lime pie. After a long day, it was great to relax in our room; the ebds were so comfortable I didn't want to get up!
We were greated by a wonderul breakfast, coffee, pastries, juice, eggs with crabmeat on top! The staff and setting was nice. Following a tour of the hotel, we were loaded onto a charter bus, our destination was the gardens mall. The Gardens mall and Marriott Palm Beach Gardens are partners; and as a result of this partnership, The Gardens Mall presented everyone with a 25.00 Am. Express "I Decide" gift card as well as their platinum shopping amenity program that includes complimentary valet parking, coffee at Starbucks, and appetizer at Brio as well as package handling.All I can say is WOW.
After about an hour of shopping, we boarded the bus for Roger Dean Stadium, a barbecue lunch, cold beer and the Fl. Marlins and St. Louis Cardinals game.
Following the game we returned to the hotel where we lounged by the pool in the lazy afternoon sun! The pool at the Palm Beach Gardens Marriott is inviting, clean and it sparkles! Later that evening after a nap, we went out to Club Safari for cocktails and dancing! Overall a great and friendly staff, comfortable beds and all the amenities you could imagine for your group or leisure travel! We'll stay here again on our next return to the Palm Beaches!

• Stayed March 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 8 nights so we could see Spring Training for the St. Louis Cardinals in Jupiter Fla. We did have a bit of a problem with check in at 2 p.m. because of rooms not being cleaned. The front desk people were a little snooty. After a few phone calls and asking about check in policy a room was finally ready. Our room did have an Air Conditioning problem that was reported but never taken care of.

Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2011

My husband and I were very pleased with every aspect of this hotel. The service is professional, friendly and excellant. When we asked directions to a local restaurant we were very empressed that they had it in writing on pre-printed cards, this was extremely helpful. I also love the flavored water in the lobby with the bowls of fresh fruit. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the beds and pillows are amazing. The hotel is close to the Mall and beaches. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Palm Beach area.

oxford, fl
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2011

We recently stayed at this hotel because we were attending an art exhibition. My daughter left her rather expensive bathing suit behind the bathroom door when we went to breakfast. We had to wait on line for about 20 minutes as there was one man cleaning the tables, giving out the menus, giving out the silverware, and lord only knows what else. There was one waitress while the rest of the staff catered to an event in another location. The food was cold, dry lumpy pancakes, just awful! The man who made the omelets had a nearby tip cup! I have never seen this done in a four star hotel!!! Are you kidding me? The front desk did not care. The other customers began to help each other by sharing creamers and sugar. When about the 7th or 8th table got up to complain there miraculously appeared two more waitresses with attitudes that started to work. No clean silverware, no clear glasses. We were so upset that when we left, we had forgotten to get my daughter's swimsuit. I said no worries I am sure the maid turned it in as they do in most fine establishments. NO! They did not know what we were talking about. Very arrogant rude housekeeping staff but I guess you would be if you just stole someone's merchandise! NEVER STAY HERE!!! There are plenty of other places to stay! How horrible to treat customers this way!

• Stayed March 2011