“Not Terrible but Will Not Stay there Again”

Palm Beach Gardens Marriott
Reviewed 25 November 2013

On a recent business trip to South Florida, I stayed 4 nights at the Marriott Pam Beach Gardens. I started to write a long narrative about all the things that either went wrong or the service that could have been much better, but frankly, I simply ran out of steam. While I was there, I asked twice to speak to the GM regarding my complaints, but I never heard from her. Had she returned my call, I would have not taken the time to write this review. So, she had her opportunity to discuss my experience while I was there.

This hotel is not terrible, but it's not wonderful either. There's a lot to be desired from a guest service/relations perspective and I think most of the problems I encountered stem from too many under-trained and/or under-motivated young staff. That's not to say that they don't have some very pleasant and professional folks working there. Just not enough of them. Most staff I encountered there were just fine. It was the unengaged knuckleheads that soured my experience.

There was nothing remarkable about this Marriott except all the little things that made for a very forgettable stay -- none the least of which was some unprofessional staff, my backed-up toilet, all-night freeway noise keeping me awake and having to change rooms because the room phone went dead.

P.S. I should mention that the food at all the Marriott's I have stayed at (this one included) has been excellent!

Room Tip: One end of the hotel is very close to the I-95 freeway = noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank George D
Deborah C, General Manager at Palm Beach Gardens Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear George D,

I am very sorry to have missed the opportunity to meet with you during your stay. I was out of the hotel from Nov 8-15 and again from the 18-19th. I am not certain if this is the time frame you were with us. It is my pleasure to meet with our guests as that is how I learn of our guests experience and what we are doing right and where we need to improve.

Thank you for sharing a review that outlines your positive feelings of the hotel and, of course, your concerns regarding our associates. It would be very important for me to know more about this and ask that you contact me at the hotel (561-622-8888) so I can use your feedback to correct things.

Your loyalty is very important to us and I am hopeful we will have the opportunity to be of service to you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Palm Beach Gardens Marriott

Reviewed 21 November 2013

This is an older Marriott that needs some updating so don't expect it to be on a par with their newer hotels. Conveniently located off I95 but still a bit difficult to find even though you can see it from all directions.

We were greeted by friendly front desk staff members who were accommodating. There happened to be a wine tasting in progress upon arrival. Nice touch & relaxing after a hard day's drive.

When we first got to our room, I tried to turn on the TV to watch the news but discovered there was a problem that required a technician to repair. He actually had it fixed in a relatively short time. The real problem was the bathtub drain. It was not working properly. We had to notify the front desk three times before any action was taken. It was eventually fixed but we should not have had to wait two days before the job was completed. Unacceptable! I guarantee any hotel that has this type of problem also has other problems & it's such a nasty one!

We've been Marriott Rewards Members for many years & stay @ them quite regularly. These particular problems are not indicative of Marriott's in general. Most of them actually provide very good lodging. I'm assuming this was an isolated instance.

If it wasn't for the free wine tasting & hors d'doeuvres on the top floor before dinner, my rating would have unfortunately been lower!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CoLoRaDoSkY1876

Dear ColoradoSky1876,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I appreciate your willingness to highlight some of the positive features and apologizie for the inconveniences you also mention.
We have addressed the drain problem and can assure you it is not a typical issue at our hotel. However, to ensure guests are not experiencing this going forward, we will take greater steps to ensure clear flow of all drains in the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the Concierge Lounge that is available to our Gold and Platinum guests and hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to show our improvements.

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

This Marriott is located in a very suburban business park area with nothing of interest within walking distance. It is minutes off I-95 just north of Palm Beach. Once inside it's pretty much self-contained. rooms are clean and comfortable nice view from the upper floors (we stayed on the executive level whatever that means) pleasant and attentive staff quick room service. The breakfast buffet standard fare, omelette chef on Sunday morning when we were there and the usual collection of bacon eggs waffles cereal fruit etc.
Priced under hundred dollars with breakfast but no add-ons for parking, Internet use or other hidden fees. In short what you see is what you get. Very pleasant layover on a family get away. By the way we were going to stay at the Hilton down the street walked in the lobby to find a large and boisterous wedding going on which had the whole hotel booked .... huge red flag for me. Turned round and found this place. I pretty sure I've been to this Marriott a couple of times on business and have never seen large and boisterous weddings. I don't think it has the name cachet of a "Palm Beach Hilton" which actually works to my advantage.

Stayed: November 2013
Deborah C, General Manager at Palm Beach Gardens Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear SoundMiami;

We thank you for your kind review and very happy that you found us again. We hope we will stay on your list when coming back to our area. I do not want to mislead you, we do have a Ballroom that can accommodate weddings up to 400 guests - but the nice thing is that our Ballroom is in the back of the lobby so you do not run into much of the activity at all. Otherwise, I am confident we can continue to meet your expectations.

Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I had never stayed at this property before but had a reasonably good experience. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to use the dining, bar, or exercise facility. The room was clean and comfortable. The iron did leak water on my clothes and the ironing board barely came together so those need to be examined more closely. The location is convenient.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Woodstock1968;

I am so sorry to learn about the iron issue leaking - I promise we will look at all of them in all guests rooms so nobody has this issue.

We truly appreciate your positive review and hope you will continue to stay with us when visiting the Palm Beach Gardens/North Palm Beach area.

I will hope to meet you then and thank you personally.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We had the pleasure of staying here during the WWBA Perfect Game Baseball World Championship held in Jupiter, FL and the accommodations were outstanding - the hotel was full capacity during our stay and everything ran smoothly. The staff was friendly and helpful and the hotel was clean and welcoming. All day long a large bowl of apples were on the reception desk. The location was great! many nice restaurants closeby Cheesecake Factory and Panama Hattie's. This beautiful Marriott would definitely be on our list for a repeat stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Var6444;

Thank you for your review. We LOVE Perfect Game! The teams are so committed to the sport and very respectful of being in a hotel. We are glad to learn we made you comfortable and that you enjoyed your stay.

We do hope you will choose to stay with us again next year!! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Deborah and All!!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights a little while on a business trip and sadly, I did not find this hotel memorable at all! The rooms, lobby, other finishings, were all pretty "standard" 3-star. Not as fancy as some of the newer or newly renovated Marriotts but given its location, it is not unexpected. Good service, hospitable, not much more to ask for.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Deborah C, General Manager at Palm Beach Gardens Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Dear RNG1008,

I am so sorry that you found our hotel and service to be 'ordinary' and 'not memorable' . I understand that our Marriott is not of the newest design, but we do our best to keep it up to date and attractive (our lobby and dining areas were renovated last summer). This can be challenging when dealing within the confines of an established structure.
It is always our hope that our service and team of Guest Hosts is what keeps the shine on our guests experience. I do hope that you felt our Hosts took good care of your comfort while you were with us.

We do hope you will visit us again as we are constantly making changes to the hotel.

Deborah

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have stayed at this property on several occasions, usually on weekends. The rooms are very comfortable, clean, and well maintained. The front desk staff is exceptional and the property management is outstanding. Whenever an issue has risen throughout the years the staff has always immediately made it right. I am partial to the Marriott brand, this property in particular is one of my favorites when staying in the Palm Beaches.

Room Tip: I have stayed at this property dozens on times and have not receive a bad room location. Even the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear GHPBI,
So kind of you to give us your review! It is great to hear from guests who have stayed with us on a regular basis that we are doing well and being consistent about it. Please know if there is anything you see 'out of whack' it is important to advise me or one of our Hosts.
We truly appreciate your loyalty and will work to deserve it everyday!
Best Regards,