“Still the Best Hotel Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Palm Beach Gardens Marriott
Long Beach, New York
“Still the Best Hotel Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Once again I am at my Favorite Hotel, The Marriott in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.
My wife and I are treated like family. General Manager Deborah Carr and her staff make sure that all our desires met every day. I love all Marriotts and their other brands.
I have been to Marriotts all over the U.S. and Europe. This past summer we stayed at a Marriott AC Hotel in Florence, Italy. Very nice as were the Marriotts that we stayed in, in Paris, Nice, Rome, Barcelona, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, New York City etc.
BUT none of these hotels compare to the Marriott in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.
Rooms are great, Food is terrific, Fabulous Gym and Swimming Pool etc.
You all should try this hotel if you want to have a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: We like a quiet room with a city view
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Deborah C, General Manager at Palm Beach Gardens Marriott, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Hello Robert G!

Thank you for your kindness! You truly make us all feel happy when we read such nice things about our service, hosts and hotel.
We look forward to your return and hope to be your 'home away from home' whenever you are in the Palm Beach area.

Hope you are doing well!
Deborah

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 31 December 2013

This is a nice hotel in a very upscale area. It is not top of the line but a good value for the area. I've stayed here a couple of times and the staff has always been very accommodating. The rooms are clean and spacious. I was surprised to have a frig in my room this time, nice touch. The bar downstairs is small, but nice. Service is a little slow, but the bartenders are very friendly. I ate breakfast in the restaurant and opted to not have the buffet (which is a good deal) and my food was hot and cooked to order. Service was quick and friendly. Air conditioners in the rooms are a little noisy, bed was very comfy. Easy access to I-95. Overall, an OK place to stay.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor if possible. Less street noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Deborah C, General Manager at Palm Beach Gardens Marriott, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Dear MNTraverler13,
Happy New Year!
Thank you for your kind review and for starting our year off with your feedback. We truly strive to meet all of our guests needs by providing comfortable, clean rooms and caring and efficient service. I am very sorry to read that the restaurant service was slow and will be certain to correct it with additional staffing when needed. The Chef thanks you for your compliments and happy to know you enjoyed a quality breakfast!
Wishing you all the best in our New Year!
Ottawa
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Checking into this hotel in a very nice, up-scale neighbourhood was easy. A beautiful location and hotel, and about the same price as the dump I stayed in the previous night in Homestead. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the room was clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room. The higher the quieter. This hotel was very quiet, which is what I wanted...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear TAPPER7,

Your review is the gift we work for! Thank you for sharing your experience and for your kind thoughts. It is our intent to be here whenever you need us!

Wishing you a Healthy, Happy New Year 2014
All the best,
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 17 December 2013

The staff tries hard, but the rooms at this property are tired and sub-standard. They've remodeled parts of the hotel common areas, but the rooms themselves seem like they're from the 90s. Won't stay here again until they update the rooms.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear rttyal;

Thank you for sharing your comments about your visit. As you see, we are in the process of remodeling our hotel and have completed our lobby, restaurant, pool and parts of our ballroom. We are excited about moving 'upwards' to the guest rooms in 2014. We do hope you will visit us again and see the new additions.

Best Wishes,
New Jersey
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Nice looking from the outside with easy access to I-95. Friendly staff; large rooms. Reasonably priced. But loses out on little items that make living in a hotel room more comfortable. Road noise is noticeable on certain sides of the building. The concierge lounge is supposed to be accessible all day but isn't. There is no refrigerator in the room. And my biggest pet peeve, no newspapers were available, anywhere. I was disappointed. Embassy Suites is next door and Hilton Garden Inn down the road. Having stayed at all 3, this Marriott trails the others.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Hammbrook,

I appreciate your comments outlining your experience with us. I am very sorry to hear that we fell short on the details. Our hotel delivers newspapers to our guests upon request, as we do with refrigerators and microwaves. Please feel free to make such requests when booking with us. Our Concierge Lounge is a Marriott benefit to our Gold and Platinum guests and is accessible at any time with their programmed room key. If you have reached this level with Marriott, please accept our sincere apologies if we did not program your key properly. The lounge is opened from Sunday evenings through Friday mornings throughout the year.

Once again, I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. If there is anything I can do to change your perception, I hope you will call upon me.

Sacramento
Reviewed 25 November 2013

On a recent business trip to South Florida, I stayed 4 nights at the Marriott Pam Beach Gardens. I started to write a long narrative about all the things that either went wrong or the service that could have been much better, but frankly, I simply ran out of steam. While I was there, I asked twice to speak to the GM regarding my complaints, but I never heard from her. Had she returned my call, I would have not taken the time to write this review. So, she had her opportunity to discuss my experience while I was there.

This hotel is not terrible, but it's not wonderful either. There's a lot to be desired from a guest service/relations perspective and I think most of the problems I encountered stem from too many under-trained and/or under-motivated young staff. That's not to say that they don't have some very pleasant and professional folks working there. Just not enough of them. Most staff I encountered there were just fine. It was the unengaged knuckleheads that soured my experience.

There was nothing remarkable about this Marriott except all the little things that made for a very forgettable stay -- none the least of which was some unprofessional staff, my backed-up toilet, all-night freeway noise keeping me awake and having to change rooms because the room phone went dead.

P.S. I should mention that the food at all the Marriott's I have stayed at (this one included) has been excellent!

Room Tip: One end of the hotel is very close to the I-95 freeway = noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank George D
Deborah C, General Manager at Palm Beach Gardens Marriott, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear George D,

I am very sorry to have missed the opportunity to meet with you during your stay. I was out of the hotel from Nov 8-15 and again from the 18-19th. I am not certain if this is the time frame you were with us. It is my pleasure to meet with our guests as that is how I learn of our guests experience and what we are doing right and where we need to improve.

Thank you for sharing a review that outlines your positive feelings of the hotel and, of course, your concerns regarding our associates. It would be very important for me to know more about this and ask that you contact me at the hotel (561-622-8888) so I can use your feedback to correct things.

Your loyalty is very important to us and I am hopeful we will have the opportunity to be of service to you again in the future.

Colorado
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This is an older Marriott that needs some updating so don't expect it to be on a par with their newer hotels. Conveniently located off I95 but still a bit difficult to find even though you can see it from all directions.

We were greeted by friendly front desk staff members who were accommodating. There happened to be a wine tasting in progress upon arrival. Nice touch & relaxing after a hard day's drive.

When we first got to our room, I tried to turn on the TV to watch the news but discovered there was a problem that required a technician to repair. He actually had it fixed in a relatively short time. The real problem was the bathtub drain. It was not working properly. We had to notify the front desk three times before any action was taken. It was eventually fixed but we should not have had to wait two days before the job was completed. Unacceptable! I guarantee any hotel that has this type of problem also has other problems & it's such a nasty one!

We've been Marriott Rewards Members for many years & stay @ them quite regularly. These particular problems are not indicative of Marriott's in general. Most of them actually provide very good lodging. I'm assuming this was an isolated instance.

If it wasn't for the free wine tasting & hors d'doeuvres on the top floor before dinner, my rating would have unfortunately been lower!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CoLoRaDoSkY1876
Dear ColoradoSky1876,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I appreciate your willingness to highlight some of the positive features and apologizie for the inconveniences you also mention.
We have addressed the drain problem and can assure you it is not a typical issue at our hotel. However, to ensure guests are not experiencing this going forward, we will take greater steps to ensure clear flow of all drains in the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the Concierge Lounge that is available to our Gold and Platinum guests and hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to show our improvements.