“Nothing better than average”

Palm Beach Gardens Marriott
Connecticut
“Nothing better than average”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

As you enter you may think this is great, but when you settle in you find it is average especially when you factor in costs. The elevators are something from a horror movie - painted all black, no color and very drab. The rooms are in need of some spruce up. Work out room is in my mind small with a good amount of cardio equipment.
Fortunately or unfortunately I would stay again if I had to come to the area again. Everything in this area is very expensive.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Deborah C, General Manager at Palm Beach Gardens Marriott, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Hockeygump;

We appreciate your time to provide a review of your recent stay at our Palm Beach Gardens Marriott. You were thoughtful to point out the plus' and minus' of the area and the hotel. As you noted, our Guest Areas (Lobby, Restaurant, Pool) have all been re-done and we appreciate hearing your positive feedback. Our guest rooms are in the redesign phase as of now and we are excited that they will match the new contemporary look of the hotel shortly.

We look forward to your return. Please reach out to me if I may be of assistance when booking again.

Deborah Carr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
luxembourg
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Good alternative to expensive beach hotels as it is not far from the beaches. Restaurants and shops nearby , reachable by car. Room ok and clean, bathroom and pool a bit small for a Marriott hotel. Plus point is the microwave in the room. Disappointed that concierge lounge even though not serviced on weekends was not open for free softdrinks. Nevertheless breakfast was excellent and staff very friendly. Will come back and recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Deborah C, General Manager at Palm Beach Gardens Marriott, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Luxk69;

Thank you for your kind review! I know it may not look like the beach is only 10 minutes away when you arrive, but it is that close!! And the surrounding areas have so much to offer. We appreciate the kind words about the hotel and your stay and am happy to know that you will return when headed this way!

Thanks again!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Everything about this hotel is first rate. The room was clean and modern, the service was excellent, and everything about the hotel is very nice. Stayed there several times and never been disappointed.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 670jimg
Deborah C, General Manager at Palm Beach Gardens Marriott, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear 670jimg;

You are Amazing!
Your review has put many smiles on many faces! Thank you so much for your kindness. We work hard to ensure our Guests have everything they need for a successful visit and it is great to hear that we do succeed!
If I can ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to call upon me!

We hope to see you again soon.
Wall Township, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 March 2014

When you stay at a hotel you have to ask yourself what are the expectations at a certain type of hotel. This is a business hotel with a business clientele in the heart of Palm Beach Gardens which is clearly an upscale community. As a Business hotel the internet is free and they offered a premium upgrade for a fee and the upgraded internet is outstanding and as good as you will find anywhere. There is an excellent fitness center. The shower has powerful hot water. The TV is quasi HDTV which seems to be the norm. There are HDMI jacks though they did not work well for me.Check in was fast and easy and you park your car and go directly to your room. There is a beautiful pool and deck area but this is really not meant for children and there are no activities since this is a business hotel. Meets all the needs of a business hotel.

Room Tip: The concierge level is especially nice.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MBA1956
Dear MBA1956;

You are so kind! Thank you for your review and noting your positive experience with us. Our Marriott is very happy to cater to the business clientele with all the appointments you noted and value all of the weary travelers. Our urban atmosphere does disguise some of the truly enjoyable outdoor features of our area that our families and weekend leisure guests do come to enjoy. We are less than 10 minutes to the beautiful Atlantic Ocean, 15 minutes to one of Floridas largest water parks, 20 minutes to the Jupiter Lighthouse and just moments away from incredible golf courses, Roger Dean Baseball Stadium, shopping, dining and outdoor festival areas of Palm Beach Gardens.
On your next visit, we would love to give you the Family Tour!!
Truly, thank you for your very nice review. We will continue to work hard to earn it!

Burke, Virginia
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The stay started out on a promising note with a very attentive desk agent who found me a room before the standard check-in time. The lobby bar restaurant server was excellent as well for a quick lunch.
Guest room was fine, typical Marriott.

However, then I experienced my room not being cleaned for two days in a row, even though I had called. Someone actually said that there was do not disturb sign on the door. Amazing that they would say that when the room service breakfast was removed each morning.

The room service was very hit or miss. The Portobello wrap was sent up as a mushroom on a hamburger bun - terrible. Breakfast never came on the last morning after an hour.

All in all, the property has some very nice staff but extremely mediocre service.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Patricia T;

Thank you for sharing your visit with the TripAdvisor Readers. These reviews are very important to us and are used to ensure we continue to do things well and to fix what went wrong. I appreciate your kind words about checkin and your initial experience at our hotel. It is disappointing to read that it did go awry and we did not resolve your concerns before leaving us. It is always our goal to have our guests leaving happy and cared for and I am sorry that we did not correct this experience before your departure.

I am hopeful you will give us another opportunity to make a true Marriott Experience happen for you. If you would be so kind as to advise me of a future return, it would be my pleasure to handle your arrangements personally. Your consideration is truly appreciated.

Thank you again for your feedback. It helps us move forward!
fort lauderdale
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely Marriott ,centrally located in Palm Beach Gardens. the check in was easy and quick, the room had a very comfortable bed and mattress and there was a sitting area with a couch ,desk and tv. he drinks and food at the bar are pretty goo, but if you order at Lu chime, MAKE SURE, to tell the waitress you want hot food. I ordered fish tacos,and she brought them out cold 45 minutes later. he parking lot is large and they do not charge for it. the on,y down side, is, when you book the reservation, you can ask for a King bed. But it is not guaranteed. I asked for a king and I got a full size bed. also, there are two ways to drive out of the hotel lot, and it can get confusing at times. Best to mapquest all your outings as Palm Beach Gardens has a ton of traffic and it is not as well laid out as some other florida cities, ie. Boca Raton or fort Lauderdale

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank emmyFortLauderdale
Dear EmmyFtLauder,

Please accept my apologies for not responding to your kind review sooner. I am generally very timely as I truly value the TripAdvisor Reviewer. I am sorry this happened!

Your motivating words are the words that keep us excited about what we are doing and knowing we are successful at it. I am so sorry to hear that you had a poor experience at Lu Chime - we will be certain to discontinue referring it to our guests going further. We value our guests too much than to refer them to a below par outside restaurant.

We do hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again. Please do not hesitate to call upon me if I may be of any assistance.

louisville ky
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed here for business for three nights. The rooms are dated and I had to call maintenace several times. The doors and or windows in the rooms have been bolted shut so there isn't any way to get fresh air. I also felt this is a fire hazard. When I inquired why I was told it was for security reasons. House keeping didn't come at all the first full day of my stay. When I called to ask about it, I was asked if I had my do not disturb sign out. However, as requested, someone brought clean towels and soap and the room was cleaned the next day. The staff overall was very pleasant and maintenance was responsive. I had issues with the toilet, shower, towel rack and card reader on the door. The meeting facilities were fine and the fitness center had nice equipment.

Room Tip: Road noise from the expressway can be heard in rooms on that side.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank springbreakKY
Deborah C, General Manager at Palm Beach Gardens Marriott, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear SpringbreakKY,

You are very kind to mention the quality of our staff and their desire to make things right. Your comfort, as our guest, is our priority and I am very sorry there were issues that interfered with this.
We are committed to making the improvements our guests comment on and can assure you your thoughts will be shared with our entire team and our ownership.
Our recenly renovated lobby, restaurant and bar was just the first step of ongoing improvements in progress.
We hope you will consider staying with us again so we can share those changes with you.

Deborah