“a leopard never changes its spots”

Palm Beach Gardens Marriott
Tampa, Florida
“a leopard never changes its spots”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I stayed at this marriott 14 months ago and had trouble with the front desk at check in. I am Gold Elite and they told me there was no complimentary breakfast since it was the weekend. When threatening to go across the street to the Hampton, miraculously the clerk found breakfast certificates. I decided to give it another try. On checking in at noon, I asked the agent if, as a gold member, I could have a room on the concierge floor. I was told that since I was on a senior rate I could not. She gave me my room keys and I asked her about free breakfast, again since I was gold. She then told me I could go to the concierge lounge on thurs and fri but it would be closed on the weekend. So I then asked for certificates for the restaurant which she then grudgingly gave me. I then HAD to ask her on what floor the concierge lounge was located. Some welcome for a Gold Elite Member. The day I was one of the few on my floor that did not receive a paper. I asked the front desk why a gold member did not get a newspaper and was told it was because i didn't ask upon check in. Not the answered I was expecting and certainly did NOT know that I had to ask. I would have expected, "I am sorry I will get you one and you will be sure to receive them for the rest of your stay". Instead I got the ans, "we are out". After expressing my displeasure, he sent someone to the convenience store to pick up a USAToday for me. Clearly the front desk would get an "F" for their performance. The room was old but OK except that the double latch was about to fall of with its looses screws. The concierge lounge was a B+ as was the exercise room.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Philpoo
TMcCallum2014, General Manager at Palm Beach Gardens Marriott, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
We offer no excuses. Your description of your experiences with our front desk staff is as unacceptable to us as it is to you and you have my sincere apology for the treatment you received on two separate occasions. I thank you for sharing your perceptions with us. You can be assured that they are taken seriously and will be put to positive use. We take great pride in the level of service our associates provide to guests every day. I am sorry that we failed to demonstrate that same level of service during your visits.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I was so pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I loved the layout, the comfortable beds, the pool and the location. What I loved the most about it, however, was the staff! Everyone was so friendly and helpful. Every time I went to the front desk to ask a question, they went out of their way to help me, including when I left my bracelet in my room and they sent it to me a few days later. The front desk people were so kind, professional and friendly. We stayed here for a baseball tournament so there were a lot of young boys running around and the staff handled it so well, including letting us use a room in the back of the hotel one afternoon when the games got rained out. I would stay here again a second. Thank you Marriott and staff. You made our visit to Palm Beach Gardens so enjoyable!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank capecodlover
TMcCallum2014, General Manager at Palm Beach Gardens Marriott, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
You are very kind to recognize the extra efforts our staff makes to ensure the complete comfort and satisfaction of our guests - even when the hotel is full due to baseball tournaments! We appreciate all the nice comments about the hotel and the special services provided, but mostly the front desk staff and all of our associates thank you for recognition of their friendly, caring, and professional service. We look forward to seeing you again in Palm Beach Gardens.
Port of Spain, Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We were driving down to Miami from North Carolina and decided we needed to sleep and would continue our. 1 1/2 hour jouney in the morning. We did a random GPS search for hotels close by our location and decided to go with Palm Beach Marriott. We were amazed by the price we paid for the night (under $100). The room was huge and had fridge and microwave which worked out really well. The room service was great and came quickly. Great stay!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank TriniGirl01
TMcCallum2014, General Manager at Palm Beach Gardens Marriott, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
I am glad that you discovered our hotel and we were able to provide you with a restful and enjoyable stopover on your way to Miami. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Please keep us in mind should you need another break on your way home to North Carolina. We would be happy to be of service again.
Vero Beach, FL
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Spent one night at the hotel this week and stayed on a Concierge floor. Altho not a new hotel
the room was quiet and clean and very comfortable. The hors d'oeuvres served at 5:30 pm were
very good, dessert at 7:30, and then an excellent breakfast in the morning. The shampoos/
soaps, etc., are of a nice quality, and the staff was always very pleasant and anxious to please.
The hotel has a complimentary shuttle service for destinations within a few miles of the hotel which was very helpful. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Go for Concierge level if possible. The complimentary meals (quality & convenience) make the ex...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
TMcCallum2014, General Manager at Palm Beach Gardens Marriott, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
We are glad to see that you were able to experience our concierge level service and accommodations. Thank you for pointing out all the extra touches that are provided and for recognizing our staff for their caring and professional service. Please come see us again.
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

If anyone follows my reviews you will know that I am a Marriott fan.
As soon as we stepped into the room we were greeted with this wonderful scent! And that impressed me

Cleanliness: The room was very clean and smelled awesome! I would give them a 6th star for that.

Amenities: The room has a mini fridge, a microwave, good connection outlet and an ihome system that hooks up to your smart phone to play your own music

Location: The location is really great. Close to a lot of interesting places. Nice restaurants, lounges and great Golf courses.

Pool: has a nice big pool and a nice whirlpool.

There is also a nice restaurant on property.

All in all pretty much worth the stay and although I saw a couple of negative reviews and pictures but honestly I haven't seen any of that at least in our room. The corridors also were very clean

• Stayed August 2014
TMcCallum2014, General Manager at Palm Beach Gardens Marriott, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
On behalf of Marriott Hotels, I want to express my appreciation for your loyalty to our brand. We are genuinely grateful that you are such a Marriott fan. We are equally frateful that you have recognized our hotel as an excellent representation of what Marriott stands for - high quality and clean accommodations, many of the extra touches for the convenience of our guests, excellent service, and a great location. Thank you for letting us know that we met and exceeded your exppections. We hope to see you again soon.
Parkland, Florida
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We live just an hour south but we were meeting friends in the area and decided to make a weekend of it. The hotel was WONDERFUL...the lobby has a quaint bar and a small restaurant which served breakfast on Sunday morning. Hotel was very convenient...just off I-95. However, we couldn't hear a bit of noise from the highway. Parking was very convenient and free. Just a great place to stay!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
TMcCallum2014, General Manager at Palm Beach Gardens Marriott, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
We are glad to hear that you found our location to be so convenient to I-95 but so very quiet as we are hidden away and surrounded by beautiful palm trees and greenery. Thank you for joining us and extending your plans to enjoy the full weekend. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again soon.
palm beach gardens,florida
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Utilized my rewards for a one night free at this property. Very nice, clean and professional staff. Restaurant food was good too. Will go to this property again. Excellent shopping and dining in the area. Also easy access to main highways, not far from the beach, etc. All in all a great spot!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
TMcCallum2014, General Manager at Palm Beach Gardens Marriott, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thanks so much for all of your nice comments about our hotel, the service provided by our staff and all the great things to do in the Palm Beach Gardens area. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.