“Sigh...Everything was perfect except the one thing that matters”

Hampton Inn Palm Beach Gardens
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I am really struggling on how to rate this Hampton Inn. I am a Hampton Inn beast of nature. I love these places because of their consistency. This particular Hampton Inn is above the top in cleanliness, feel, comfort, accommodations, etc.

However, the one thing that they can directly impact, first impressions, the night host drove into the ground like the Jaguars chances of every reaching the Superbowl. My flight was delayed, so I did not step foot on the property until after 11. There was no "hello", "how are you doing", or even "good evening, jerkface". I arrived at the hotel to find locked doors, a tiny barely readable sign with painful font, and an intercom. After being grilled on my identification, reason for being there, various id numbers, etc, the host finally granted me access to her precious palace of solitude. I guess this Hampton Inn must frequently be robbed by clean cut men in their 30's, in a suit, carrying a small travel bag.

Once inside, the cold welcome continued as the host clearly made me aware that I was bothering her and that my general presence was a nuisance to whatever high priority task she was encountering before I arrived.

To add salt to the wound, she magically upgraded my room. The upgraded room was larger, contained amenities that I clearly would never care for or need given that I was a single business traveler staying for only one night, and parked directly next to the vending machines that sounded like a jet engine and hosted a continuous stream of guests clambering for their ration of precious ice cubes.

The host rounded off our pleasant experience by taking 5 minutes to go over all the amenities in an arrogant fashion that made me wonder if she understands that everything she rattled is exactly the same at pretty much every Hampton Inn on the face of this planet and possibly the one on the moon.

If the first impression would have been different, I probably would have delivered a 5. Again, the hotel is amazing, beautiful, and very well kept. The morning staff was delightful and wonderful. However, there are plenty of options in Palm Beach, so I'll be picking a different hotel in the future and I cannot recommend this one to friends/family, so I feel I need to deliver a low rating.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BladeLivingston

Reviewed 4 October 2013

We where guest of Hampton Inn for a family wedding. The hotel was in a great area with excellent shopping, restaurants and close to the interstate. I found the staff to be friendly and well trained. Breakfast was very good and a wide range of items offered not your typical Danish and coffee.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

The room was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was great. The pool and patio area were really nice. The staff was super friendly and professional. I would definately stay here again. I was also given the Travelocity rate when I walked in and asked for it without having a reservation.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Stayed at many Hamptons throughout the USA and I must say, this little hide-away Hampton is ideal for location, cleanliness and although it has a small outdoor area, it is a lovely setting for peace and quite to read a book or have breakfast out there. I wish I had pictures. Of course my wife was especially pleased being so close to the Gardens Mall.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

What do you want, a clean room and bath. Free internet and a lite breakfast. A pool and fitness ctr. All at a good price. The location was good for us. The breakfast was light but you could have eggs, waffle hot or cold cereal and fruit. It did vary by day. TV worked well as did the AC. No complaints here.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Very friendly and sincere staff, clean hotel, large & clean rooms. Quiet and yet close to everything central in PBG. Great experience, and I've stayed several times at this point. I've stayed in other hotels in and around the area, and this Hampton Inn is my favorite of them all.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2013

The beds and pillows are SO comfortable, which led to the best sleep I've had in quite a while. Excellent service, clean rooms and bathrooms, fluffy towels, duvet covers, stylish linens, and quiet hallways all add to the value and charm of this hotel. We will definitely be staying here when we revisit the area.